Constantine

Does this movie actually qualify as capeshit?

I hardly ever see this movie talked about here even though IMO it's one of the best DC movies ever made. I keep finding myself rewatching this and I'm not sure why.

Can anyone explain why this movie is never brought up when discussing DC's better movies?

Underrated for sure

>Does this movie actually qualify as capeshit?

No, it's a comic book movie. Capeshit is just a genre of comic books. You wouldn't say Road to Perdition or Sin City are capeshit.

Yeah its great

Had this on dvd

no, KIANO is too good for being on a capeshit

>You wouldn't say Road to Perdition or Sin City are capeshit.

I can't believe that there are people with this opinion

The Vertigo imprint, at least in its original form, was pretty far removed from DC and so could take underused characters and give them a whole new mythos.
Unfortunately DC couldn't leave well enough alone and eventually had to mush the characters into the main superhero canon.
So yeah, not a great take on the Constantine character but not a bad movie in its own right. The TV series was much better for purists..

Keanu is GOAT
Satan is GOAT
Shia LaBouf hadnt went total JUST yet
Setting and mythology was really interesting and the portrayal of hell was excellent

Where do you draw the line though?

Sin City isn't capeshit but Watchmen is? How is that classification made?

It's different enough from source material to not count as capeshit
Really enjoyable even if Keanu isn't Constantine at all
Maybe he can show up in Alex garland's swamp thing movie
I'd literally and post ironically get a boner

Superheroes

Watchmen is a deconstruction of superheroes. Sin City is a take on noir and detective comics.

Capeshit is a mass produced normie garbage made solely to generate money from soyboys.

Sin City doesn't have any superheroes with superpowers

does Sup Forums like watchmen thou? I love it, the only capeshit I can enjoy other than Spiderman 1 and 2 and TDK

it was garbage and missed the point of the source material on many points. Great visuals though Snyders style really fit it

well I never read the comics because I'm a casual not a manchild reading superheroes comic books so I thought it was great

Yeah, it was superhero kino.

I don't consider it cape anything. I consider it essential dark fantasy kino

>missed the point
Annnnnnd opinion dismissed