STARGATE

What do you reckon the outcome would have been if Kurt Russel played O'neill in the SG-1 series?

Who do you prefer?

>dat alphaness

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TF3zUOvXUYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mj-ymbdyvCc
youtu.be/whfMMfR4KKw
youtube.com/watch?v=I-SMVx2pA40
youtube.com/watch?v=br3oQtFvSlg
josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2018/02/17/february-17-2018-stargate-possibilities/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GOOLD?

Boring whiny bitch stoned out of his mind

Or MacGyver banging hot blonde Canadian science chicks?

Pic related: Thespian acting

it would have been gay

Richard Dean Anderson is too good to be replaced by anyone.

>about to start watching the 94 extended edition
>is 2 hours and 10 minutes
this better be good, or at least as fun as the show

it's really not too fun it's very average imo

weell shit, time to spend 2 hours watching this and then episode 1 of season 1

Just started rewatching SG-1. reached the episode where O'Neill bangs a 31 day old babe.

How was this guy not arrested?

Based. Legit felt he had more of a presence than Mcguiver.

no big Hollywood actor would have stooped to starring in a cult sci-fi series in the 90s

Shut up

Watch Stargate movie

youtube.com/watch?v=TF3zUOvXUYQ

Max 480p. Doesn't do the film justice.

>Ra's child harem

That Roland guy sure is weird.

first third of the movie as with almost every emmerich movie is amazing then it's too much nonsense

he's one of the gay film makers throwing parties with tons of twinks. think singer was frequently invited to these parties.

art imitates life

Would have been a big improvement, also the nerdy Daniel from the movie would be better than the Chad they hired for the show.

as a kid I remember seeing the StarGate movie and loving it. When I heard the TV show was coming out I was excited.... then it was nothing like the movie and didnt have Kurt Russel... so i never watched it beyond the first episode. It seemed gay.

who would win in a fight?

Why is the water red?

The show would have been better without him as well, his whiny ass always making demands fucking up the show.

According to his uniform, he is a master parachutist and in space operations (most likely missiles), and fought in both Viet Nam and the Gulf War.

Show Daniel was fine. He quit the show at one point, and they should have hired movie Daniel at that point. I mean it wasn't like movie Daniel was doing anything at that point anyway.

I'm pretty sure O'Neill talks about his time in the Gulf war in matter of time. don't know about Nam.
youtube.com/watch?v=Mj-ymbdyvCc

blood from ass

James spade is a cunt anyways. He only took the part because he though the script was trash.

This.

Liked Kurt Russel in the movie, but the series role was almost made for RDA.

The first seasons when the GOOLD are the antagonists are great if you like TOS and TNG-style "mission of the week" plots.

It's not until they try to expand the scope of the universe and include all these other major factions that it starts to come undone.

>lucius Lavin is in the 94 movie
Wonder he ended up in Pegasus

The faggot from Farscape, whore MalDoran, shitty General all ruined Stargate at Season 10

Ben Browder and Claudia Black were great. How can you not like this?
youtu.be/whfMMfR4KKw

>Mitchell was almost Sheppard
I wouldn't have enjoyed Atlantis as much if he was.

>Hating Vala
She was hot as fuck. I rest my case.

First season is a bit cheesy but once you get past it, it gets so much better, I always loved the ground based battles and wish they did more.
youtube.com/watch?v=I-SMVx2pA40

SG1 was great for like 2 seasons

>How was this guy not arrested?
Planet didn't prosecute

Movie O'Neill is a turbo cunt Jesus christ

I didn't watch season 10 when they brought in the cast of Farscape.

They had some good looking combat sequences for TV. Multi ship attack sequences in space.. lots of good shit.

SG:A had good ship combat too.

You know 50 minutes into the 2 hour movie and is not bad.

Rodney would talk the poor bastard into suicide.

I liked it.

But they already did that without anyone needing to convince them.

Honestly the original movie is a 10/10 for the first 30 minutes, then a 6/10 for the remainder. Not super compelling. It's crazy that SG1 managed to salvage it. I'd say SG1 is a 9/10 show for the first 7 seasons, largely thanks to RDA.
Agreed.
Naw at this point the show was just going through the motions. I fucking hated Mitchell and his stone cold dumbass affected face when they decided to add him in and make him the leader for no reason. It was like Patrick Stewart retired and the writers made Wil Wheaton captain.

My opinion of Ben Browder himself has softened since I watched through Farscape a few year later. Still hate him and Black in SG1.

Fucking asgards
They should have build robot bodies and then work from there to cure the disease but were like
>nah senpai, suicide is for the cool kids like us

Cooper.Cooper.

>that dying asgard in the movie
Chilling

Highly amusing the only white woman in the entire Egyptian planet falls for Daniel Jackson kek

Michael Shanks was alright at the beginning of the show, they should have just left him ascended and kept Jonas. Fangirls weren't about to let it happen, though.

Real talk. The movie was good.

this series only got big because it has a cool name

Boring. The series wouldn't have been nearly as good if it took itself more seriously.

Makes sense sort of since he had to have been in over 20 years to go through the stargate in 1994 as an O6 full bird colonel. He could have went to vietnam late 60s or early 70s to get the vietnam medal. In fanfic, he probably went special operations or some shit during cold war, attained flight time during his O3-O4 years, and went staff or commanding officer for some kind of missile command from O4 to O6. He doesnt have a pilot badge or astronaut so im gonna assume all his flight time was circumstancial.

Carters military service makes zero sense for her flight time, because she somehow logged hours during the gulf war when she was a researcher.

Mitchell, i dont even know why they let him have an sg team since all he was was a pilot. Never made sense

>I'm actually a tokra lol
every fucking time

The pegasus asgards had the right idea except for going to the fucking pegasus unprepared. Holy shit it pissed me off that they knew about the wraith and didnt actively avoid them. I mean shit, they HAD access to atlantis coordinates, should have just went straight there, took it over, powered the fucking city and fortified/cloaked it, and then searched for that fucking device to wreck the wraith.

Wrong my dude. They arrived during the war, got rekt after the ancients left, went into hiding and then they found out the device well a part of it but didn't have the other half until Rodney and daniel found janus secret lab and activated everything there.

No, then we would have SGU

Sg1 was the right amount of goofy
Atlantis went too goofy
Sgu went too serious

Dont get me wrong i loved all 3, but sg1 died with anubis. Atlantis was too complacents, they were just strolling to a new place every week, zero military bearing, with mckay pulling a save out of his ass EVERY time. Universe was too serious, and all the drama killed the show. I actually liked the first few episodes of them going to whole new planets and getting fucked, but then the stupid drone ship attacks dragged on too long without any closure, and the fucking lucian alliance arc, /facepalm, lastly i hated that whenever a character catches a break, boom, lets just fuck up their shit. Eli losing qt lucian alliance gf, marines gf getting blind, nurse having disease cure trilled in front of her everytime, senators daughter being shit, and the stupid fucking body switching was stupid.

Dont remember if they went before ancient war or after awakening.

If they went before ancient war, that was fucking stupid because ancients were constantly monitoring their human seed planets. And if they didnt do that they could have waited until the wraith slept and then did their shit under the wraiths nose.

If after awakening, still could have taken atlantis over by over running the expedition.

It would have been shit, because Kurt Russell would have been pissed he was doing tv scifi instead of movies.

I've seen enough tv shitted up by actors who thought they were too good for the format to want this.

>movie Daniel at that point
Do people actually not understand that movie actors until the early 2000s hated doing tv shows and considered it a step down for their careers?
There's no way Jame Spader would have been willing to to cable scifi with rando actors in Canada for years.

Spader is far to good an actor for sg-1, a cameo at some point would've been fun tho

This

Movie actors always had some kind of shit against tv acting.

Only in the past maybe 5 years, has it been okay for tv actors to go to movies, i cant even think of any movie to tv actors, im talking basic cable shows not hbo type shit or netflix.

yes, but how about grownup buffed Oneill clone by Loki

They been in Pegasus since the war. They arrived during it. The wraith fuck then after the ancients left Pegasus. Read my post.

>I hate masculinity, that's why I make tough guy faces all the time

That was seasons 9 and 10.

The show basically spent every season after it switched from Showtime to Scifi trying to make sure it had a satisfying wrapup. because they might be canceled despite being the most popular and reliable scifi thing on the channel. That's why the S6 finale is called Full Circle and has a Danie/ Anubis fight (if canceled, Daniel would have defeated Anubis), S7 has a space battle that defeats Anubis, and S8 brought Anubis back, then defeated the Replicators AND Anubis for good. All enemies dead, all plots over, because they thought that was it, Atlantis had the torch.

Then they got renewed, and a promise of 3 more seasons that was yanked a season and a half in, which is why the Ori are wrapped up in a movie.

That's barely touches on the shit that Stargate TV as a whole went through because the executives at Syfy and MGM were just ticket punchers on the corporate ladder and usually either apathetic to or actively hated scifi, and did not care at all if they were fucking with a golden goose.

Flannigan loved Atlantis so much he tried to lease the rights from MGM and lined up a new production team to extend the series, but they simply gave no fucks even when it was no risk free money.

O'Neil visiting O'Neill
youtube.com/watch?v=br3oQtFvSlg

Then why the fuck didnt they settle atlantis when the wraith were sleeping? They had ships capable of travel to atlantis along with a stargate. They also knew where atlantis was already since atlantis was on the same planet forever.

Is the movie series revival still happening, or did that get canned after ID: Resurgence tanked?

>that retard as comic relief

it's cancelled, MGM testing the waters with this shitty prequel series, may lead to a real show hopefully set after universe

there extended cut of Stargate is kind of pointless, the only thing that I like is that they show the remains of the Horus guards that were found smashed into the rock undeneath the gate in Egypt, and then show O'Neill and General West brooding over those things in the secret vault in the base before heading off on the mission.

Now what I would give my left nut to see is the three and a half hours long very first cut that was only shown to test audiences.

To add credence to this theory

>josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2018/02/17/february-17-2018-stargate-possibilities/

Slight hype? Mallozzi has already been talking about getting the old heads (Robert Cooper and Brad Wright) back together

>Why is the water red?
its the red lighting is all. The water looks red happens since it is at night

I fucking lolled ty

Fuck didn't know that about Flannigan, it's a shame it looks like his career kind of ended after Atlantis

Found out recently that he's still really good friends with Mamoa