This is an actual panel

>This is an actual panel
The writer does know how humans talk right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ppmCSxCpMng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The "latinx" writer doesn't even know goddamn Spanish. She's a sham.

I showed this to some friends who don't read modern comics, just old trades of Marvel and DC stuff, and they couldn't believe it was real. They legitimately thought it was some bad fanart from Tumblr.

What could you possibly mean? if there is some sort of problem, a problem like that should be apparent, and i can't see any such problem so there is literally no problem. All you have is a nice monologue about women dating women and i applaud the author for it.
And now the creators are heading towards the next issue and making another story about this. i swear, if the comic comes back as Best of the Year i'm going to be so jealous

It's how retards talk these days. God I want to murder every human like that.

Oi'm litra-lee intreeged an' in awe ov' bof'va dem. If dis iz wot it'z loik ta foit wif Humies, den Oi applaud all da Boyz foitin' Humies roit naow cuz dis iz Zoggin Orky. Warbike GorkaMorka race? Got'em. Rokkits an' Big Boomz? Got'em.

An' naow "We'ze jus' flyin' off too-geva in da skoi, headin ta a joi-ant pile o' Dakka." Oi'z swear if dey cum back Goin on a Waaaugh Oi'm gonna be so jealous. *sigh* Always da Warboss's shootiest FlashGit, neva da FlashGit-Warboss.

apparently not

What's her graphic novel like?

*young adult novel

>Very Best Friend
Holy Fanfiction tier writing Batman.

>The writer does know how humans talk right?

No, so far its 100+ pages of the same dull and robotic dialogue.

they're just lesbians
if the writer for this book wasn't famously gay, i'd say they've never been around real lesbians in their whole life
and i get that the context of this is probably everything that was described, but christ, it's just two gay women on a date, it's not a panda birth or the moon landing

As someone who is bi this is just insulting. I dont want any soecial treatment. Treating me and my sexuality as a token to show off belittles me and turns me into nothing more then a novelty. How do these so called "progressivists" not see that?

but Kate isn't a Lesbian. Gillen even took some shit for it because he himself didn't push for the Kate is a Lesbian Brigade

>starting a sentence with "and"

These truly are the end times.

Kek 10/10 thanks /tg/

>Monstros

réééééééééé

This dialogue would be perfectly at home in a Sonichu comic

The "rule" is 25 words per balloon. It's not a dogmatic rule but it's a good guideline.

The first balloon has 42 fucking words in it. 42!!!

I rewrote it, got the same idea across in just SIXTEEN words.

> KATE:If this is what it’s like to date other women — I might start rethinking some things.

I don't even blame Gabby for this. I blame whoever is the alleged editor on this book. Do you job and make sure that the write is writing for the medium.

it honestly sounds worse than sonichu dialogue

Wait, so she's culturally appropriating? Is this true?

Gosh, and I thought all these people were honest and really were more than talk.

Point One:

Fuck you. I'm Latino, I was born in the US and I don't speak a word of Spanish. That doesn't make me or Gabby a "sham". You don't get to set the parameters of who is or isn't latinx enough.

Point Two:

Fuck you.

>That doesn't make me or Gabby a "sham".

You aren't, you don't want to be American either. You are a mutt, too stupid to learn your mother language and too prideful to have your own identity, people like you make me fucking sick.

Don't you know Bi are either CIS white people who culture-appropriate the gay culture, or gays who are in denial?

No user, you are American. You dont know the culture of your country or what its like living there, you are a foreigner if you ever went back to your parents country as the culture that you have lived on is American culture. The fact that you dont speak your parents' language is proof that you are American, you can be proud of your heritage or aware of your parents' culture but ultimately you are American.

Thats something I will never understand about you yanks, you are always so quick to deny your own vanilla existence, its always "Im latino" or "Im 30% Irish" or anything to escape being American, what is up with that? I hate my country, Im an immigrant but I will never deny where Im from and I hate being confused for something Im not yet I keep seeing this, Americans wanting to be anything but.

Chicanos are a fucking mistake, ostracizing themselves from who they are and never accepting their family's culture.

If you're not LARPing:

You suck at your job. You just need to know how humans speak and spin a tale that's worth $5 a month. Eat shit

>You are a mutt

That's not an actual box one can tick off on any forms. So I'mma keep on ticking that brown person box.

>too stupid to learn your mother language

Not stupid. Lazy.

Which I'd argue makes me MORE American than most.

> people like you make me fucking sick.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're SortaRican

>I hate my country, Im an immigrant but I will never deny where Im from
Now THAT'S American. Are you sure you aren't my neighbor?

>Which I'd argue makes me MORE American than most.
Aren't americans nowadays supposed to know spanish and if they're rich/nerd also french or german?

>its always "Im latino" or "Im 30% Irish" or anything to escape being American, what is up with that?

It's because "American" isn't a cohesive identity. The country's always been defined by its makeup consisting of immigrants from other countries.

We're supposed to take a second language as a high school elective. Nobody remembers it after they finish the course though.

But no one gives a shit about that except Americans, hell Latin America is nothing but mutts and you dont hear people going "oh yeah Im 15% German", its all bullshit to escape their seemingly boring existence.

>No user, you are American.

I was born in America. That doesn't mean that the sum of the identity is geographically based.

>You dont know the culture of your country or what its like living there,

Uh, I actually do know the culture. It's called "books and going on vacation as adolescent."

>you are a foreigner

This is 100% true.

>if you ever went back to your parents country as the culture that you have lived on is American culture. The fact that you dont speak your parents' language is proof that you are American, you can be proud of your heritage or aware of your parents' culture but ultimately you are American.

Man, you seem to have real hard on for trying to redefine my identity for me.

>Thats something I will never understand about you yanks, you are always so quick to deny your own vanilla existence

I'm way too brown to pass for white. Shit, if I could pass as white, I would. It would make my fucking life easier.

>Latin America is nothing but mutts and you dont hear people going "oh yeah Im 15% German",
Asians and Natives do it all the time in Latin america.

>You're SortaRican

My family didn't come from Puerto Rico, so nah. I wish though, I could maybe be like, "Yo, Lin Manuel is my cousin. Let me get them Hamilton tickets."

Ok this is b8 but I'll bite

> I actually do know

By being a tourist? Wow thats arrogant, as expected of gringos I suppose.

>I'm way too brown to pass for white.

So? Am I too white to pass for latin american? Is there a skin color gradient that you need to pass in order to be "American" or "Latin American"? It doesnt matter how brown, yellow, purple or white you are, you are nothing but a gringo and every natural would laugh their asses off if you came to their country, dressed up as them, claimed to know them, and never spoke the language or grew up there. You dont know the streets, the daily problems, the atmosphere, you are just a pathetic gringo looking to be anything but a stupid yankee.

Be happy, enjoy your country, it has opportunities unlike the one your parents escaped from.

>hell Latin America is nothing but mutts
>You are a mutt, too stupid to learn your mother language

>gringos
>stupid yankee
>Be happy, enjoy your country

>Go! America! Go out and be a bruja to the extreme!
>I will! Thank you mothers!

>I blame whoever is the alleged editor on this book
You can't blame fictional people, user.

It's funny because America herself is culturally appropriating latin american culture, it appeared right in one of the issues.

I'm gay, and this dialogue is repulsive. I would not want to be friends with some fetishized my sexuality to the point where they're "intrigued and in awe" just because I was displaying affection with my partner. I'm a human being, not a zoo oddity for some dumb fag hag to gawk at.

I understand that is the style but still.
It is a marvel book, not a quick web comic.

>lesbian relationships
>not famous for being the most boring of all human interactions by a huge margin
Please.

>Leaving old sketches
Goddam.

Violence is exciting. People pay to watch fights. Ergo, lesbian relationships are the most exciting type of relationship.

This is probably not the first thing this author has ever written, right? So how do you write such awkward, unenlightened drivel and never have someone call you out on it? Is this the power of lesbianism?

She wrote a YA novel.

Honestly, the dialogue is bad. But it's mostly growing pains as she learns the differences between prose and comics. I see first time comic writers make the exact same mistakes all the time.

You are turning her into a legend, Sup Forums
20 years from now, everybody will have forgotten people like King, Ewing or Duggan, but everybody will remember Rivera

??
You are implying that lesbian couples often fistfight?

They've got the highest rate of domestic violence per capita of any configuration of males/females.

Supposedly, lesbian marriages have high rates of domestic violence

No idea, but I kinda want to read it. Problem is that I'd only want to read it in a group setting because it's the only way to wring some entertainment out of this shit.

Don't worry user, I also understand your feeling when watching two girls who prefer being with each other than being with you.

>Problem is that I'd only want to read it in a group setting because it's the only way to wring some entertainment out of this shit.

Maybe you can get your circlejerk together for a book club.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense, actually.

You remind me of white Americans who insist they're Irish because they had a great grandfather born there.

I did not know that.
What ever.

I'm gay, so I really don't give a shit what they want to do with their vaginas.

>the differences between prose and comics.

In no literary work does America's dialogue have any value, its worthless whether it was in prose or a movie script. SHe is shit, the worst of it is she doesnt even try to mask her flaws instead relying on them, if you cant write dialogue then dont use it, use images, use narration, use other literary tools at your disposal.

>Am I too white to pass for latin american?

Here's a foolproof method to determine what race or ethnicity you racial ambigous types most resemble. If you were to be arrested for a crime whatever witnesses describe you as is your superficial ethnic and racial identity in america. If they describe as mexican, you look latino, if they describe you as a muslim, you look muddle eastern and so on and so on.

Giving a shout out to Ramon VillaLobos. I still love your art. Not even Gabby Rivera's lame script can tarnish my love for your art.

yes, I am shilling for Villalobos in all of these threads.

So she might get better?

Now I kind of feel bad taking a shit on her on the L train.

Don't blame her blame Marvel for approving and selling this shit, they got no excuse to be so shitty.

xD

Pretty good impression

>Reading books and doing tourist shit = actually growing up and living in a country

Just admit that you barely have a connection to Latin culture

theres nothing wrong with this

>MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AS MONOLOGUE

That's all I see. It's like how they copy and paste the words of people they disagree with on Facebook and Twitter as the bad guy's words.

It's like Kate doesn't even breath. Try putting all those words in one breath.

Have you seen the page where some editor covered up a cool BOOM visual effect with a generic Kaboom word?

Yo no digo que soy Frances nomas por tener decencia francesa, pelotudo

Te tenes que volver.

>You don't have to tell me twice but during the stone age

Anda la osa, se la mandó a guardar al chicano.

I ONLY know English, French, and German. Closest I ever got to Spanish was Latin, which I've mostly forgotten.

you are not latino you are american
You are only latino in america
if i went to Ireland and told them i was irish they would laugh in my face and tell me im american and just cuz my parents left on a boat don't make me irish

There's absolutely nothing wrong with starting a sentence with a preposition. From Merriam-Webster:
>Firstly, has it ever been wrong to begin a sentence with and or but? No, it has not. We have been breaking this rule all the way from the 9th century Old English Chronicle through the current day. Many translations of the Bible are filled with sentence-initial ands and buts, and they even may be found in some of our more beloved—and prescriptive—usage guides.
The dialogue in that page is garbage for entirely different reasons.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Why are Daria and (Black) Jane in the bottom left corner.

Talk about comic books you fucking faggots. Your all a cancer

Imagine being so insecure you have to base your identity on a culture you know almost nothing about and can't speak two words to.

These are the only cartoons the people who make this actually like, user.

I say if you love your parents culture so much go back. No ones going to miss you here

USA is too large and diverse to really have a fully recognizable "culture" beyond our brand goods and Fourth of July kind of stuff. Instead, people here often identify with the culture of their city or region. New York. Detroit. New Orleans. Oklahoma Panhandle.

Imagine if people in European nations didn't say they're Irish or Portuguese, but had to say they're from "the European Union." That's what it's like for America.

This is B8, but I'll bite. For ((you)), Gringo user.

Primero, Latino no es una raza. Latino se refiere a muchas cosas, naciendo como termino para definir las tribus italicas (Muchas que descendían de mercaderes Griegos helenísticos). Fueron los Americanos que es su pereza decidieron convertir Latino en un termino racial. Nunca lo ha sido, y ni los españoles y portugueses que parieron estos pueblos mestizos usan el termino de esa manera.

user, vos sos mestizo o blanco criollo. Dudo que seas AfroLatino. Esa si es tu "raza". Tu "etnia". Cosa es, si vos le preguntas a un Chino-Canadiense que es, dirá "Soy de etnia Han, pero Canadiense de corazón y cultura". Eso eres tu, user. Sos Mestizo, de color cuero, pero no Latino. Sos un mestizo Americano, de probable descendencia española y azteca (Asumiendo que seas inmigrante Méxicano, Guatemalteco, Hondureño, etc). Tu identidad, realmente, es de un Americano. Tienes más en común con los anglo-americanos que con los hispanos primos de tus padres, ya que hablas su idoma, expresas pereza para aprender el nuestro, y probablemente nunca has querido aprender de nuestra identidad y nuestra historia. Nosotros no necesitamos realmente a los que saltaron el muro. Ustedes quédense allá, desertores perezosos. ¿Alguna ves has bailado salsa y has entendido la letra? ¿Conoces el himno del país de tus padres en el idioma natal? ¿Alguna vez has te has sentado a leer a Neruda, Borges, Galeano, Marquez, Vargas Llosa, etc, en español? ¿Conoces a Simón Bolivar? ¿Conoces a José Gabriel Túpac Amaru II?

Hermano, siempre podrás volver a tu hogar si quieres, pero mientras mantengas esa actitud desertora y perezosa, nunca te aceptaremos como un nuestro.

Adiós, Gringo.

>tldr
Ya' ain't Latino, Gringo. Also, shame on you for not even TRYING to learn spanish.

The writer is from tumblr, of course she doesn't know how humans talk

Any novel writer that puked out dialogue like that would get a scourging from their editor.

t. Mongrel American

Just accept that you're basically a Plastic Paddy

>It's called "books and going on vacation as adolescent."
heh, seguro aprendes muchas cosas leeyendo y visitando lugares en 2 semanas

>starting a sentence with "and"
youtube.com/watch?v=ppmCSxCpMng

> (You)
>>It's called "books and going on vacation as adolescent."
Therefore I'm British for I have vacationed in the UK (England, Scotland and Wales), speak english, have read Shakespeare, Dickens, Austen, Woolf, Orwell, Doyle, etc, listen to british music constantly and consume their media heavily. I can make the argument for another 3 countries, user.

Your argument ain't worth shit.

I didn't realize standards for YA were so low. This like getting a screaming autist to write a story with their own feces on paper.

New York and Oklahoma haven't been waging wars on each other for hundreds or thousands of years, so it's a pretty poor comparison. Europeans rarely say they are "from the European Union" because the EU is only several decades old, while the individual European nations have been around for many centuries.

Who the fuck you linking?

Ramon has a bad habit of adding way too many lines to young faces, making them look wrinkly, not to mention some closeups heads suddenly become wildly disproportioned from the rest of the body.

>Fuck you. I'm Latino, I was born in the US and I don't speak a word of Spanish.

Then you're not Latino. A finn born in Sweden who doesn't even speak finnish is not finnish, he's a filthy swede.

>what is up with that?
It's because for the lat 50 years Liberals have been doing their best to make America ashamed of itself for no reason.

CHI