But seriously, watch the 5 hour uncut version

come back when you finished it fucking moron

>more chest hair
>deeper voice
>beard
>knitted sweater

some nice musics
youtube.com/watch?v=4Pl-kro-5fc

Is this film suitable for men who enjoy soy products?

A life-altering experience.
Prepare to spontanieously burst into treats when you see boats in the future and scream JAVOHL HERR KALOY at people.

The best WW2 movie out there.

When this part came on in the cinema it was awesome.

NOT YET KAMERADEN!

AH
LAAAAAAAAAARRRRMMMMMMMM

4-5 hours of sub kino

No. They even eat meat at some point and there is no trigger warning.

can you guys imagine the smells down there?

boredom and shitty production value

Piss, a lot of piss.

Thus movie gave me ptsd. I get flashbacks everytime I swim in pools, hear a sonar sound or see a boat

The captain says that it's well ventilated, or was it ironic?

Best thing to watch while drinking. You wont remember the ending and can watch it again the next day.

It's ironic. Read Iron Coffin, he describes how they pissed in empty tin cans when they were underwater for a long time and couldn't use the toilet because of the noise.

German bantz
U-Boats were notorious for having the worst living conditions in any service during WW2

Amazing soundtrack that elevates the film to an experience.

Captures the boredom of life while dived, and the pants shitting anxiety when something goes wrong.
Also the loose times ashore.
T. Qualified submariner

Fuck that ending, the real boat was fine. I guess they made that ending out of German guilt or to appease foreign audiences.
Yeah they had no shower either and humidity got everywhere after a few weeks at sea, everything became moldy.

I took /k/ advice and got drunk and watched it in my bathtub, fully clothed with 3" of cold water in the bottom. Optimal viewing experience.

one of the best movie ever made

A big wet boot.

>Captures the boredom of life while dived
There's actually a lot of action in the movie compared to what the actual average U-boot patrol was. Aside from the aces, a lot of U-boot captains never even saw an enemy ship.

pretty good

>But seriously, watch the 5 hour uncut version
this

don't be a wishy washy little faggot, go all in if you think it's something you'll like. there are a few too many unconvincing exterior surfacing/submerging shots in the miniseries version but that's the only flaw that isn't present in the other versions. and you get a lot more of the good stuff.

Seriously though, what were they doing there? The British had destroyers.

>Fuck that ending, the real boat was fine. I guess they made that ending out of German guilt or to appease foreign audiences
trips of truth, ending was fucking bullshit that demeaned the entire production. still great all in all though

Fuck off plebs
Ending was kino

they were just afraid to give a ww2 movie with German heroes a satisfying ending. it's a contrived rug pulling Rian Johnson tier "subversion," no deeper insight than "war sucks mmkay"

how fucking gay are you op you cock sucking add nigger? just watch the god damn movie and then discuss it like a normal grown man

naziboo get out

>oh no, my poor Germans don't have a happy ending :( fucking jews!

>In the early 1980s, Prochnow was in a relationship with Austrian actress Antonia Reininghaus who fatally poisoned their common seven-year-old daughter Johanna in 1987.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Prochnow

this but unironically

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jürgen_Prochnow

>He was facially scarred following a stunt accident during the filming of Dune. One scene called for Prochnow (as Duke Leto) to be strapped to a black stretcher and drugged. During one take, a high-powered bulb positioned above Prochnow exploded due to heat, raining down molten glass. Remarkably, the actor was able to free himself from the stretcher, moments before glass fused itself to the place he had been strapped to. During the filming of the dream sequence, he had a special apparatus attached to his face so that green smoke (simulating poison gas) would emerge from his cheek when the Baron (Kenneth McMillan) scratched it. Although thoroughly tested, the smoke gave Prochnow first and second-degree burns on his cheek. This sequence appears on film in the released version.

3 hours of shaking camera, angry German shouting and leak fixing

>watch the god damn movie and then discuss it like a normal grown man

What do you think I am, some kinda pink donut eater?

tu tu tu tu tu tu TU TU tu tu tu tu

The ending was literally kino. I suppose you think it have been better if Dönitz had just shaken the Kaleun's hand and said "now we truly are Das Boot."

i agree with
watch the full german version uncut, it's one of the best movies of all time

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1519390793451.webm

Badass

>if Dönitz had just shaken the Kaleun's hand and said "now we truly are Das Boot."
kino

Fucking idiot.
It's a perfectly sad, but satisfying ending.

slow, disgusting characters except one or two but totally watched

it perfectly captures how bitter existence was fighting for the axis, the ending was necessary

t. brainlets who can't appreciate the bitter, sad irony of a story like the one in Das Boot without having it pounded into their skulls by a hamfisted "meaningful" ending that's historically impossible and cheats the story of a satisfying conclusion. you're probably the same people who like BR2049 more than the original

>ending that's historically impossible
yeah dude allied bombing raids on axis ports like never happened and never could happen lol, but a type VIIC U-boat surviving at a depth of 270 meters on the sea bed is totally plausible (even though their max recommended depth was 160 or so)
>you're probably the same people who like BR2049 more than the original
you're just throwing out blatant contrarianism at this point
>mommy look i went into a thread to disagree with everybody look how unique I am
really fucking pathetic dude

Made me kekle

I loved the ending but he's right that the Brits didn't have any dive bombers capable of reaching la Rochelle at that point in time. And BR2049 was better than the original. Fight me.

No one uses dive bombers for bombing U-boat pens you fucking moron
Ever heard of a Lancaster?

would the French girl the German sailor knocked up have her hair shaved off by vindictive locals? I can't believe there wouldn't have been all manner of reprisals in a place like La Rochelle

Ya fucking whores X D

Reprisals for what? Removing the local Jew bourgeois?

Very likely. Remember that scene towards the end of Malena?

allies literally couldn't bomb that facility at that point in the war, I forget the details though. to say nothing of the contrived timing. and subs are made way tougher than they are rated for, that goes for all military equipment and anything that could make a difference in a life or death situation. 270m was maybe unlikely but not impossible and more importantly wasn't jarringly out of step with the rest of the miniseries. they'd foreshadowed the whole flirting with crush depth thing extensively.

is it really blatant contrarianism to prefer original blade runner to the new one and explain the one major thing I disliked in a overall great cinematic experience?

>BR2049 was better than the original. Fight me
meet me behind the cafeteria you pleb I'll show you what the fist of a patrician feels like

absolutely anything. it was quite famously the last French city to be liberated and I bet in the final stages leading up to that time as well as after it every quarrel that ever occurred in La Rochelle came bubbling back up to the surface like shit from a choked cesspit

I paused it halfway to listen to the soundtrack bros, it's so fucking good

Even in Norway women who had been with germans were shaved and tossed around. They were called tyskertoser (krautcunts)

>JAVOHL HERR KALOY
fuggen americans

pretty sure they used mosquitoes for that, which arguably could be called a dive bomber. Im not sure how accurate a Lancaster would be.

Oh that sounds like Neverending Sto... never mind.

>in Norway women who had been with germans were shaved and tossed around

I clearly recall one of our Norwegian friends explaining how thousands of German kids were fostered there during the Great War and how no-one was pleased to see them coming back as Hitlerized adults.

Still, Mosquito isn't a Dive Bomber.

Guys I think I might be retarded but
In the end what base do they arrive to? They were supposed to get to Italy but it looks just like the base at the beggining.

>it looks just like the base at the beggining

It is. They never got to Italy and it's a minor miracle they even managed to get as far east as Gibraltar.

it is the same base, La Rochelle in France. they didn't make it through the strait of gibraltar, barely survived, and had to limp back to safety (at least, they thought it was safety, the filmmakers had other ideas.) I can't say whether you're a retard because I watched the uncut version and it's possible the gibraltar parts in other versions are truncated to the point of being confusing

True U-Boat ending would have been them ordered to attack the invasion fleet at all costs. To expend torpedoes and ram an enemy ship. Then get sunk on the way there.

Tbh you're unironically right, Europe would have had a far better future under the Axis powers.

Those 75 per cent death rates don't just make themselves.

>U-Boats were notorious for having the worst living conditions in any service during WW2

>Well provisioned
>Worst living conditions

If your area of operations was in the Mediterranean even the weather was comfy.

can you source this, because being a WW2 doc junkie U-boats were one of the most dangerous and had some of the lowest survival rates of any post.

Yeah man, look at this master race

that would've been far more satisfying. even just getting congratulated for a few days then getting orders for a suicide mission and morosely sailing out of port into the gloom. there would have been actual poignancy I could buy into and some kind of resolution. lots of ways it could have ended tragically that I would've liked

You're a moron
The fact that 3/4 of them died speaks volumes.

80% of german submariners died you dolt. Worst survival rate of any service.

fucking bullshit
U-boats were constantly directed towards convoys to form wolf packs
Those U-boats that weren't captained by aces lasted a few patrols before being sunk

having lots of food doesn't make up for living with a dozen other guys who haven't bathed in a month, there's one toilet and if the toilet fucks up it can sink your boat.

This nigga gets it. Nothing was builfing up to it. They get home and then out of nowhere RAF comes like NAWWWWW JK WE SINK THIS SHIT NOW.

Laughably bad and melodramatic

>tfw long way to Tipperary

That's not what living conditions mean. And I'm sure that being in some crack infantry division had equally bad survival rates since Germans were at war forever and those would be always pushed to were the shit is thickest.

The Russians are descendants if the Kieven Rus Vikings, of course there would be some Germanic admixture among their troops. You're image is more an outlier than the average.
Hell there were hundreds of thousands of Balts and Slavs that served in the Waffen SS including a permanent Russian government made up of Whites once the Soviets were beaten.

>nigga
>redditspacing
>shit taste

What the fuck are you talking about? What invasion fleet?

Thing is, you can always surrender or desert as an infantry
You can't do that in a U-Boat 200 meters in depth while being depth charged by 2 destroyers

>Goering
>Himmler

count on them to ruin everything. it doesn't end there either

Göring was one of the most highly decorated war veterans. In modern times he would be the first candidate for american defence minister.

And not liking esoteric, shangri-laa and holy grail searching, into 5th dimension hacking, HIMMLER. wtf

Goring is the one responsible for Battle of Britain failing and for the 6th Army loss in Stalingrad

And in modern times he would be the first candidate for american defence minister.

imagine us veterans responsible for losing vietnam or afghanistan getting high positions in the us ministry. ahhahah oh boy

uboat.net and others. It was extremely dangerous in the way that they were attacked my airplanes and "hunter killer" patrols, but a lot of them never saw a merchant ship.
Take Iron Coffins. One of the most famous U-boat related books. The author almost died numerous times during the book, but as a captain he didn't sink a single enemy ship.

this is the product of neoliberal happy go-lucky capitalism. this snowflake can't even take characters in a movie dying. the future is dead.

It's not like the U-Boat in the movie saw lots of action
>Destroyer encounter
>Convoy Attack
>Gibraltar strait
One was a random occurrence, other was receiving coordinates to the Convoy from other boat and the third was a forced encounter.

>Göring was one of the most highly decorated war veterans
Being a good fighter pilot in WW1 doesn't mean he was going to be a good strategist in WW2.

hindsight 101, 100 years later.

back then, like in modern times, war veterans were/are prefered to unknown new strategists