Korea made a better period movie than the west has for decades

What is their secret?

also korean movies thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K46Ez-Igc9E
imdb.com/title/tt7245176
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love that chink on the left, he's awesome!

asians have always taken european shit and autistically refined it to perfection, thats just what they do. any other great korean movies came out lately? last one i saw was train to busan.

it also has this other kino machine lee-byung hun

also choi-min-sik and hwang-jun-min are some other great korean actors

Oh shit I love that guy too.

>choi-min-sik
honestly the most overrated korean actor

The Wailing(2016) is quite recent and on Netflix with Hwang-Jun-Min who was in New World,

The Villainess(2017) is like an asian Hardcore Henry movie which came out recently as well

A Taxi Driver(2017) starring the guy on the left

Veteran from 2015 with Hwang Jun Min guy from New World as well

some other 2017 movies:
Confidential Assignment
The Tooth and The Nail
Midnight Runners
The Outlaws

just what i was looking for, thank ya bro

Unparalled drive and desire to be perfect at everything. Look at Samsung and Hyundai, both of those company were laughing stocks in 90s and now Samsung steamrolled Panasonic and Hyundai is up there with Toyota and Wolkswagen as biggest car manufacturer in world.

South Korea.

On the Beach at Night Alone

They have a national purpose, they want to outshine the north and prove that they're a credible country on the world stage and not just be those bickering gooks outshined by their japanese neighbours.
Competition with your neighbours breeds success, that's why Europe conquered the world - they were trying to outdo eachother.

More like they only begin to make okay period movies last five years.

>they want to outshine the north
they don't have to try for that...

Downloading this purely because of those two. Noice.

because the writers/directors are focused on making a good film and not forcing shitty amerimutt politics into their work

It's a pride thing, they're clearly superior but they're not content being clearly superior they want to be vastly superior.
I think this image sums it up perfectly.

>Downloading this purely because of those two. Noice.
they also appear together in this

They they taking over the world? They just keep overtaking everyone in terms of technology, movies, everything...
China and Japan lagging behind in movies in the last few years while Best Korea still going strong.

>Those Sunglasses

>they want to be vastly superior
But... they are.

Heads up though, this is actually not good at all. I love both those guys and the director is awesome but this movie sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=K46Ez-Igc9E

You don't get what I'm saying user. Let's say they're currently 50 times better than the North. They want to be 500 times better.

>sunglasses in the snow
fucking /fa/ as fuck

>What is their secret?
The Korean war never ended so while they're not actively shooting at each other the south has entered a period of cultural warfare. It's worked, most of the world considers the south a real country and has allied with them against Kim due to the south's legitimacy.

Someone was pimping this the other day.

Haven't looked it up yet.
Not even sure if it's Korean, as I can't be bothered checking the image before uploading.

If it's any good, let us know.

Tony Jaa is that martial artist guy. Don't expect a great movie but the fights scenese should be awesome.

Whoops, no. It's HK + Thai.

imdb.com/title/tt7245176

It's just because he was in Oldboy. He's decent though.

Yeah, looks like the main cop dude travels to Thailand and hooks up with the asskicker dude.

>Hong Kong police negotiator Lee Chung-Chi has learned that his 16 year old daughter Wing-Chi has disappeared while in Thailand. He travels to Thailand and teams up with Chinese officer Tsui Kit and his partner, Tak, as they face off against American gangster Sacha, who is operating a black market organ smuggling ring. A series of clues lead Chung-Chi to not only learn the fate of his daughter, but overcome the odds to stop the ring once and for all.

Jaa plays "Tak".

IMDB link here:

no, it's because he always plays the same shitty """"""""""""""basass"""""""""""""" type of character, he has no range. song kang ho on the other hand...

you must not like action adventure because the movie is awesome.

He got absolutely destroyed/tortured in I Saw The Devil
And he played some old time agent/handler in New World

Don't remember seeing him in anything else really

have you missed the taxi scene? or the fact that even though he gets destroyed as you said he is still able to put up a fight. as for the new world, yeah I saw that movie and he was legit the worst part of the movie, the guy is just not good. he was also on that 2014? I think summer blockbuster in korea, roaring currents, he played the admiral. same wooden acting, he's just not believable.

I just downloaded Lady Vengeance.

Is it supposed to fade to black&white by the end of the movie?

>He got absolutely destroyed/tortured in I Saw The Devil
But he still plays the same character there, it's the same mannerism and speech patterns. Guy has no range.

Yeah, shame they didn't have the budget to put it in Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Lady vengeance is such an immensely inferior movie...

Have you seen Korea? It's a shithole and Seoul is the only city with working electricity

>t. third worlder