Why does everyone rave on about this movie as if it's an all-time classic...

Why does everyone rave on about this movie as if it's an all-time classic? It's schlocky and dated - probably the worst film John Hughes directed. Ferris Bueller and 16 Candles are both objectively superior John Hughes teen movies.

Is "muh nostalgia" literally the only thing that causes this movie to be praised?

you must be at least 18 to post on the website... please come back when you're an adult user.

You really think this is the worst thing John Hughes directed?
You need to have a glance over his filmography again.

>just turned 18 last week

16 candles is abysmal. Club at lewst deals with archetypes and has them forcibly interact. 16 is based around a creepy ass stalker storyline. Ferris is any school students day off fantasy and hits the bullseye, but you lrobably shouldnt be watching if youre over 20.

>people born in the year 2000 can post here
I think I need to lie down

>It's schlocky and dated
It really isn't unless you were born after the 00's. I was born in 1992 (7 years after the film's release), went thru high school in the early 00's, I'm not even american and even then the film resonated deeply to my teenage self and every middle-class millenial.

im 32 and also think its shit

i didn't see it until like two years ago. its just boring

Was the marijuana use censored on American tv?

its very non pc. theres a confederate flag and they say faggot. im very meh about it, but it must be fun to watch with the proper nostaliga

>tfw no molly ringwald high school gf
kill me now

Ferris is kinda meme. Like there isn't much to the story. Ferris was not a normal kidbupu could relate to.

For me it's breakfast club. Nothing else captured being a normal teen then.

Anyway his best film is Uncle buck.

>user thinks Baby's Day Out was the superior film

>It's schlocky and dated

So......80's movie taking place in the 80's to be viewed by a....*le gasp* 80's era audience?

You're right user, how the fuck dare he not make his movie to the tastes of people who would not even be born yet for another 20 years! That insensitive piece of shit keeping his film topical to a generation, he has no right to keep his storytelling to a single group like that!

you saying it wasn't?

Fag didn't become a bad word until like 06-ish. Nobody gave a shit if any character on tv said it for decades

>Nothing else captured being a normal teen then.
Breakfast Club is a fantasy. Kids never open up like that around each other in a single day and they'd go right back their social circles the next week (as the ending implied).

Who raves about this? Your grandparents?

The only thing about Breakfast Club I really appreciate is the library aesthetic.
All that wood, microfilm readers, the card catalogues, the computers nowhere to be found. The obvious be-quiet atmosphere of it. I really miss that shit. There are virtually no libraries of this sort left even on college campuses.

Cheesy schlock, alli sheedy would get it

That is the biggest, grandest, most overengineered library I have ever seen in a public school. They were basically in a museum lobby the whole time.

Molly is the best girl