Peter Jackson is going to butcher it, isn't he?

Peter Jackson is going to butcher it, isn't he?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEe7_hBjfV0
youtube.com/watch?v=ImtSYAMo3J8
tintinaucongoapoil.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=b1F7vtxmEdg
youtube.com/watch?v=PDVET2PXEHA
youtube.com/watch?v=EIXYz8O7co4
youtube.com/watch?v=Et3jkffS9mo
youtube.com/watch?v=aHcazI9PgNg
youtube.com/watch?v=iQrKJruRtu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what

Of course! You know he will!

Can't really be worse than Spielberg can it?

Prisoners of the sun is one of my least favorite Tintin episodes (it's still great though). Doesn't seem like it would translate well to the screen.

Yeah I was very confused when they chose that, pretty much every other story would have been better.
A Calculus Affair movie would be fucking great.

>bet he is gonna make Chiquito and Huscar the same guy
FUCK SPIELBERG AND JACKSON! FUCK THEM FOR MAKING SAKHARINE THE MAIN VILLAIN! MIGHT AS WELL HAVE JUST FILMES THEMSELVES SHITTING ON THE FILM! HE WAS A RED HERRING, NOT A VILLAIN! SAME THING AS FILMING THE FRENCH REVOLUTION AND REPLACING ROBESPIERRE WITH DANTON!

FUCK THAT SHIT! WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO!? MAKE QUICK AND FLUPE THE INCA WARLORDS!? OR ZORRINO!? NO, I GOT IT! IT'S GONNA BE ALCAZAR! ALCAZAR IS GONNA BE THE MAIN VILLAIN! AND THE INCA CHIEF! YOU HEARD IT HERE

He'll pull it off.

>Alcazar the main villain

kekekekekekek

Tbf when I read all of them as a kid I never really saw Alcazar as being a good guy.
Yes he wanted to depose the authoritarian government but he seemed to just be a drunken maniac with all the hallmarks of a dictator in the making.

>copies Yankee in Bongland eclipse twist
prepare to see an hysteric SJW reaction on Incan astronomy

I have hope honestly, found myself enjoying the first Tintin movie surprisingly cause I went in expecting it to be absolute shit

This one and the follow-up are the best Tintin comics.

It's preety explicit in Tintin and the Picaros that he was a pro-USA Banana Dictator and Tapioca was a pro-USSR Banana Dictator

But he was our Banana Dictator

It would actually be really funny to see two guys fighting for power in a Banana Republic since the 30s until the 70s

>A Calculus Affair
Literally my favorite tintin comic

I love the one with the crabs and the opium in them (iirc) and the desert and stuff. I think that's also when he meets Haddock for the first time?

What's that one called
I remember that that was my favourite of the comics

spielberg you inept jew bastard, you had one job

The crab of the golden claws

Good taste

It's a really good all round thriller with spy elements.
My favourite by miles, though I liked Cigars of the Pharaoh because of the setting and The Black Isle because of the mystery elements in it.

that's it, thanks

When you think about it, Tintin was dark as fuck for its time:

>the Moon album
>there are dangers of being destroyed in space everywhere
>Haddock's alchoolism reaches its height, and he almost becomes a satellite of an asteroid because of it
>Tintin and Milou almost die in an ice cage in the moon
>everybody almost gets abandoned on the moon by Boris and Wolff
>Boris kills himself by accident
>Wolff fucking jumps into the fucking void
>everybody almost dies when they reach Earth

Dark shit. In a 50s comics

>comics
can you manchildren just FUCKING LEAVE already

>not liking tintin

muhammad plz

I also enjoyed it, was a pretty fun movie

>as a kid I never really saw Alcazar as being a good guy.

Last panel of the Picaros is them taking off the country. It's the same panel as the one where they landed except Tapioca's goons have been replaced with Alcazar's. It's literally "meet the new boss, same as the old boss"situation.

GTFO off our internet, normie.

>Tintin
>Comics
fuck I hate mutts

I also hate fucks up who greenlit this pile of crap, I hate manchildren who actually want to see one of the finest examples of graphic narration brought to a medium who will completely remove all of its substance.

I fucking hate everything about people who have anything to do with adapting franco belgian to the big screen.
It has never worked, and it will never work until Hollywwood hires a directgor who has actually read more than 20 tintin albums to understand franco belgian.

But fuck that shit because french and belgian adaptations of their own national comics are even worse piles of garbage than this.
Fuck this shit !

>TINTIN IN SWEDEN

THE CGI SPIELBERG/JACKSON MOVIE WAS TOP ADVENTURE, BEST SINCE ORIGINAL INDIANA JONESES

>DUDE WHAT IF BLUEBERRY WAS A DRUGGO, LMAO!?
Yeah, that was shit

I actually didn't like Flight 714 when I was younger.
It was just so weird and paranormal stuff seemed to come out of the blue. But these days it's one of my favourites

fuck me sideways I'll never forget this bullshit

Funny that, I think it was the first one I ever read when I was probably 7 or 8 years old or something.
From what I remember I was disappointed because the cover makes it look like there's going to be some cool and mysterious exploring of ancient ruins and stuff.
From what I remember there's a plane crash, they get stuck on an island with some ruins, and there was a bad guy on the plane who tries to kill the other survivors.
I may have that completely wrong but i don't remember any paranormal stuff in it

>dude what if we made guardians of the galaxy and slapped the name Valerian on it
>dude what if we made a random shitty french politically correct comedy and called it Gaston Lagaffe to rack up bucks lmao
>dude what if Blueberry but actually not at all and also drugs lmao
>dude what if Tintin but in english actually change the whole story and make it shitty 3D for no reason lmao
>dude what if we adapted all these Dupuis classics with random fucks we picked in the streets and 20 000€ budgets lmao
What the fuck is wrong with producers and franco belgian comics for fuck's sake ?

Tintin is amazing. Read them over and over and over as a kid.
Little else from any medium encapsulates as perfect a feeling of adventure. At least I can't think of any.
I remember back in the day people kept recommending stuff like Indiana Jones and after watching it the entire series I couldn't have been more disappointed. It wasn't even a tenth as good as Tintin.

Tintin stories remind me of those old adventure radio dramas, which themselves were based on books from the classic age of adventure fiction at the turn of the 20th century. Nothing we have nowadays are as optimistic or ambitious.

It's only at the very end, they find carvings of aliens and escape the island in a spaceship. The mystery isn't really resolved and they forget the whole thing, making it all rather pointless. It frustrated me as a kid, but it kind of has the feel like an x-files ending

BELGIUM THOROUGHLY RAPED AFRICA

A MODERN DAY REMAKE WOULD HAVE DEM KANGZ STRINGING UP THE WHITE COLONIALISTS

>Tintin
>Dark
Really pick fucking one.
It's only dark when you try to deconstruct it in a post-modernist reddito-tumblrian "my childhood stories are so traumatizing lmao" kind of stupid thinking.
Which is the best way to miss the entire fucking point : it is a story designed to make kids dream about space and science, and it works every single time.
The bad guys get their due, the not-really-bad-guy gets his redemption and his disappearance is sad, the good guy triumphs in the end, Haddock does goofy shit while drunk (don't drink disgusting american piggu whisky, kids, stick to good old wine and beer), it has tension, suspense, subtely written scenes that can be appreciated from all ages with several levels of reading, everything for a great kid's story that can be read over and over from 7 to 77.
But it's not "dark" unless you are a fucking snowflake at 8 already.
Even for it's age, deaths of characters are way more common in franco-belgian 50's kids comics than in its goofy silver age american counterpart because the censorship laws weren't the same (but not really less retarded, until the early 70's many american comics published in France and Belgium were slightly redrawn to cover up the most daring low-cuts and buttcracks of their heroines if you want a fun example).

Pls no. Don't ruin Tintin, the tv series is already kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEe7_hBjfV0
KINO

The curse of Rasca Capac will befall him if he does.

>adapting the one that was already a movie

why not choose another one?
youtube.com/watch?v=ImtSYAMo3J8

Because it's famous already and the one normies have been waiting for.

That's what makes Tintin great, it's just a pure adventure story.

>Tintin
>Dark
it can be very dark, pic related

Hergé fags will defend this.

Don't forget TinTin in African with all the niggers

whats the cartoon like? i feel like watching some pulp adventure

pretty good

That and the Blue Lotus are the best Tintin comics.

There was no need for Tintin doing that, but it was epic when I was a 6 years old

I remember the cartoon being very slow, not like the comics. But the theme song was the best theme song ever. Don't know why they couldn't get it for the movie.

There is only one good way to read Tintin in Congo.
tintinaucongoapoil.tumblr.com/

youtube.com/watch?v=b1F7vtxmEdg

youtube.com/watch?v=PDVET2PXEHA

youtube.com/watch?v=EIXYz8O7co4

youtube.com/watch?v=Et3jkffS9mo

Time to die, Tintin - you little cunt

Peter Jackson is a fucking hack.

Before Peter Jackson
>Adventure story full of somber moments of characters being out of their element and reflecting on how far away from home they are.

After Peter Jackson
>ACTION ACTION ACTION CHASE SCENE CHASE SCENE CHASE SCENE CHASE SCENE RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING RUNNING SLOW MO SLOW MO SLOW MO ACTION SCENE

This is pretty fucking crazy that when it was written, nobody had ever been into space before.
Yet he got the rocket design, space suits, gravity and shit pretty much bang on.

He did a lot of scientific research for that saga

He even got right that there is ice on the moon

Based Belgians

It was """"heavily inspired"""" by this Fritz Lang movie

youtube.com/watch?v=aHcazI9PgNg

Still, surely it must haved all been a bunch of theories at that point given nothing had even been put into orbit until a few years later

Hahaha
Well meme'd my friend!

Did you just tell yourself well memed?

What do you guys think of the cartoon? I haven't seen it yet but at first glance it looks like a pretty faithful adaptation.

youtube.com/watch?v=iQrKJruRtu4

Peter Jackson produced, he didn't direct. It was Spielberg that directed it, but the real people that butchered it were the writers Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish. Moffat I think was the worst influence as he's the showrunner for Doctor WHO and Sherlock and was responsible for both of the series becoming extremely convoluted. Add Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish's schizoprenic Guy Ritchie like style (Hot Fuzz, Attack the Block, etc) and you get something that's frantic.
I think the biggest problem with the movie that made me dismiss it as the non-definitive screen adaptation of Tintin was the combining of the stories of Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure. Should have kept the original storylines of Herge as they were perfect.

no

Hope not. It's my favorite Tintin story.
Great twists.

will this absolute masterpiece ever get a good adaptation? I know it's literally a play, but they made a good Diner de Cons movie

I must have gotten confused when your screenshot had a (You) in it

Don't mind me
I'm just retarded

Imagine the amount of brain damage everyone in the Tintin universe must have from being knocked out so much.

Aren't they just part 1 and 2 of the same story? Haven't read them in ages.

Watched it as a kid, it was great but the comics made a more lasting impact imo.
Still very honest and faithful adaptations of the books, good pacing and good music.
And the french voices in my memories was great, I still read the albums in these voices to this day. No idea about the english dub though, wouldn't recommend it imo, but whateve.

Was I a turbo pleb? Because this was the only one I remember absolutely hating and never read again because as i recall nothing really happens the whole time

>as i recall nothing really happens the whole time
That is precisely the point

That is why is so great

read it again as an adult and appreciate the perfect mystery and comedic timing

also this fucking panel

you learnt never to trust gypsies

the visuals in this scene are amazing

Yes. Problem is part 1 has this fucking great narrative structure of three different stories linked together and introducing the Morocco shenanigans shit the bed.
Rackham's Treasure never was a favourite, it lacks a villian and ends before it gets interesting, but Unicorn is one of the best.

hmmm

maybe i'll give it another try next time i go back to my parents' house where i still have all of them in my room. Been 15+ years since I read any of them and this thread has made me incredibly nostalgic

Read this one without even realising it was a film
is it worth watching and if so in French or English?

Is it possible to buy some fancy editions of these old Tintin comics? I never read these stories.

Literally the best one. Of course the movie will be shit.

Official Tintin Ranking:
>1. Seven Crystal Balls/Prisoners of the Sun
>2. Flight 714 to Sydney
>3. Red Sea Sharks
>4. Calculus Affair
>5. Tintin in Tibet
>6. Tintin and the Picaros
Destination Moon/Explorers on the Moon
>7. Land of Black Gold
>8. Secret of the Unicorn/Red Rackham's Treasure
>9. The Shooting Star
>10. Cigars of the Pharaoh/Blue Lotus
>11. Ottokar's Sceptre
>12. Crab With the Golden Claw
>13. The Black Island
>14. The Broken Ear
>15. Castafiore's Emerald
>16. Tintin in America
>17. Tintin in the Congo
>18. Tintin in the Land of the Soviets

bro, you have no idea how much money theyre making off premium editions and prints and shit

herge is basically european warhol

I never watched it, just read it. It was slightly weak. Liked Rastapopoulos sidekick. And that scene of duplication

Nah the preachy message about being nice to gyppos is the absolute worst, you would know how retarded it is if you live in any part of Europe where you come into contact with them.

. Ottokar's Sceptre
. Crab With the Golden Claw
. The Black Island
. The Broken Ear
These are classics that are too down

Given how consistently good the series is it's inevitable. The story telling and ideas are just more masterful in the later adventures.

>tintin in America that low
way off baseline buddy
they are all great in their own right I would struggle to rank them less than each other

let's cast Castafiore

they still stole shit though and lied to Tintin and co,
I didn’t get that message to be nice to them

She as CGI Castafiore would be great

The emerald was stolen by magpies so it was unfair to jump to conclusions.

He meant the little scissors found by the gypsy girl

Need to rewatch old Tintin and Asterix films

THIS, he just ripped off Die Frau im Mond, bigly.

Jackson hasn't made a film worth watching since The Frighteners.

Tin tin will end up being 4 hours of people walking.

I thought he was going to make a direct sequel to the movie we got, since only half that story got told.

It's a wee bit cheesy at times, they did tone down the more adult themes a bit. Other than that it's an excellent adaptation. The english voices are breddy gud, Tintin has a canadian accent which is pretty nondescript and kind of between american and british, so it works out quite well. (Also it's funny when he says "aboot".)

>all that over-the top action
Tintin never was 100% realistic, but that was just ridiculous.
DROPPED