Comfy LotR Thread

Had a great thread earlier, let's keep it up for whoever is still awake. Bout to start FotR right now after getting back from the bar. Comfy as fuck.

Favorite scenes, chararcters, scores, moments.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtube.com/watch?v=XR-4vMEiQ_U
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4
youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
youtube.com/watch?v=24PJnBflzmI
youtube.com/watch?v=sC7iR577OQw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q71A5hPk2mM
youtu.be/ou3NH54rA30?t=42
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Scene: Ride of the Rohirrim
Characters: Aragorn, Boromir, Theoden, Sam
Score: March of the Ents

Solid taste my friend. I can only hope that others will join. Have another picture as a reward.

I have read the books and watched the EE films, most of the BTS as well. But I love the input of those who have read the Silmarillion. I still haven't read it, like a mongrel. I will read it within the next week or so. My local bookstore has a used copy which I'm about to snag.

I'm bumping with pictures regardless you plebs.

Silmarillion is great because it maintains LotR aesthetics while also verging on anime-tier powerlevels autism

Thanks. It's on the to-read list, I just can't seem to throw that to #1. Time to just snag it and read the fuck outta it.

Thanks bro, beautiful contribution.

I demand some Tolkien talk. Is no one else enjoying some LotR this Friday night?!

forgot pic

I have never been more in love with a fictional character.

It's pretty damn short all things considered, specially since it's mostly divided in easily digestible bits.
The Pantheon and ancient myths are simply amazing.

oh, she's real

Please continue this thread...

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc

Is pic related accurate

I'm excited to read it.

Also, I appreciate the help of There are scenes in this movie that will never be recreated. Feelings and emotions evoked that you will never feel again.

The beauty of this trilogyl.

Trilogy***

Pretty pissed I had a typo there, but I'm like 8 manhattans deep, so forgive me.

faggot nerd shit for white cucks, redditor soyboys LEAVE

There were some amazing BTS anecdotes that were so interesting in the last thread. I will keep this fucker alive all god damn night long! I am drunk and watching it and I wahave plenty of images to keep this going.

True discussion and refer back to the OP is encouraged..

Great Archival Footage of Tolkien
youtube.com/watch?v=XR-4vMEiQ_U

Somewhere in this or part 2, a girl explains the beauty of Lord of the Rings. I'm only paraphrasing as I can't find the minute mark.

>Most stories about fantasy leave you with a sense of sorrow that you are done and now have to return to reality, but Lord of the Rings does quite the opposite. It leaves something behind with you that gives you a new perspective on daily life.

These books and movies always left me sad. It was a world falling apart. No more ents, elves, or dragons despite the "good" side winning.

My friend, there are innumerable reasons to feel humanity, right/wrong, truth, sacrifice, honor. This is why it's beauty in a novel... In a movie.... In a score. Watch and listen to this and try to not tear up. I dare you.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
I
was probably bait, and my response isn't the best, but still.

Part of the journey was accepting that fact.

The Elves knew it was their time to leave, and in the end they accepted it with grace. They did not act out with rage or desperation to linger on until their time was clearly overdrawn, and they left the world to capable hands (Men).

The world is always losing its magic, but the magic in that is there will always be new heroes to step up if you choose to be one.

No bait. Just couldn't get over the feeling of sorrow. It's a small world, that's dying. I know Tolkien tried to give it a happy spin through letting the drawfs repopulate, but I can't get over how much has been lost in middle earth.

>small world
>dwarfs

Still bait, dude. You've gotta try harder.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4

>lie down
>try not to cry
>cry a lot

Lol legit not a troll, just read the trilogy and the Hobbit but never got deeper. To me it's all small and dying.

I figured you weren't, but worth a try. To each his own though. What books/series do you prefer? Legitimately curious. WoT fan? Sanderson? Discworld?

Honestly I stick to nonfiction mostly which may be my problem. I read LOTR around the time I read the Gunslinger, which is so blatantly post-society (the world has moved on) so the two may have blended.

But the fiction is do appreciate is similar to Tom Clancy and Hunter S Thompson (inb4 normie). Maybe I'll make my 2018 goal to be more fiction books.

The Hobbit Appendices are fucking kino and make those movies completely worth it. The ones on An Unexpected Journey are kind of lacking but they made up for it with Desolation of Smaug and Battle of the Five Armies.

what is this, a .jpg for hobbits?

BTS?

To each his own. I've read out on your spectrum as well and enjoy it. Nothing quite hits home like fantasy to me though. Also, I am hammered so forgive my nonsensical garbage.

no.

Yup.

Behind the scenes. Watch them. You'll appreciate the trilogy tenfold.

I don't care how unrealistic it is I'll always get a boner during the lighting of the beacons.

Why wasn't he invisible?

One of the greatest scenes that we have ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg

Oh I am even more in love with IRL Galadriel.

trilogyl has a nice ring to it.

Why does Orthanc have the same aesthetic of Mordor in general?

Indeed it did, but here we are. Standing around. Laying in our beds just thinking about what could have been. LotR is it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

Brother, idk. I was hoping for the same lore-ists as last thread.

I like Sup Forums. I like Sup Forums. I know I've dealt with other, reasonable people on other boards.

I wish they would make hand drawn animated series out of the books. Not everything needs to be live action.

Fellowship 10/10
Towers 9.5/10
Return 9/10

Fingolfin a GOAT. Fingolfin did nothing wrong (except kinslaying, but fuck the teleri)

I wish glorfindel was in Fellowship, and i wish in the books he was the 10th member of the fellowship.

Read the books instead.

Ralph Bakshi did it many moons ago

Really? Huh, then maybe I'll finish reading it one day

comfy til you realize your bed would be full of mold and spiders and centipedes

This pic is extremely accurate.

>when they turn and reform the line to go head on with the mumakil

here you go m8

Your comfy and mine differ quite a bit.

Thanks, bud!

ewww ganondorf watch out for that spider >:(

>tfw saw all three movies in the theater and will never get to see them for the first time again

ha i saw the extended editions before i saw the originals
how does that make you feel? f-faggot

>Didn't see the movies when they first came out in theaters
>See them in DVD and fall in love with them
>Coinciding with Blu-Ray Release, a deluxe cinema chain close by released all three extended and remastered in theaters
>mfw

Thank you Showcase cinemas.

>Favorite scenes
The Pass of Caradhras, particularly just the shot of Saruman casting the storm.
The gates of Minas Mogul opening with the Nazgul was insane at the theater
>characters
He who did nothing wrong (Feanor)
>scores
Bridge of Kaz.. or the Grey Havens.
>Moments
Pre Elves when Melkor was fighting a war against the Valar which changed the World so much and was fought for an unknown time.

>anime-tier powerlevels autism
Is it autism if the insert is your wife?

h ha how funny would it be to run your hands down her back and have her shudder from pleasure. LOL

Living with Galadriel would be the comfiest life.

MUH SILMARILS

hehe good one
almost as funny as if u stripped aragorn naked and gave him a big sloppy bj in the scene where he says u bow to no 1 lol

>Why does Orthanc have the same aesthetic of Mordor in general?
I honestly don't know but I'm guessing it's because both Sauron and Saruman are both Maia

Orthanc was made by the Dunedain. Maybe it was just foreshadowing

>ywn wake up to this face everyday
kill me now

that part in the first one where the ring falls to the floor in frodos house. it doesnt bounce, or 'ting, or spin. it just lands straight down with a weighty thud. that scene outlines the rings inherent unnaturalness and evil so perfectly

women will never understand this

>Create items not even the Valar, immortal beings could create
>Valar do fuck all when Melkor breaks out, kills your father, steals your items and then has his spider girl eat The Trees
I'm amazed Feanor didn't literally explode into pure angry sooner

guess the women i did that with were just faking it to extract my genetic material and enslave me, damn it

I do miss the oldschool interpretations

user, there is nothing for you here, only debt.

What do you think about Blind Guardian and their Tolkien lore songs?

youtube.com/watch?v=24PJnBflzmI
youtube.com/watch?v=sC7iR577OQw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q71A5hPk2mM

Why 99% of The Hobbit Trilogy was unforgivable shit. One scene gave me goosebumps like no other
youtu.be/ou3NH54rA30?t=42

sauron is already permanently in the spirit realm, what you see in that pic is not sauron himself but a construct that sauron uses in this world

BG is awesome and "Nightfall in Middle Earth" is probably their best album.

That's the scene that made me realize Cate is my one true waifu.

Posted in the other shit talking thread but heres my most recent story.

Watch the trilogy once a year. Was depressed and house sitting. Drinking a bit. Theres a dvd of Rotk lieing around. Pop it in. Start crying when Frodo tells Sam to scram. I always get them feels watching these movies. Its super nostalgic and the characters feel like old friends.

that's because his body was obliterated while he was on that Numenor right?
His attempts to manifest a new body basically took generations and he could never really get it down I guess.

Scenes: Boromir's death ;_; and rohirrim during the battle of minas tirith
Characters. Theoden, Boromir
Score: Breaking of the fellowship

Sauron was a bitch. There's like 5 people in LotR who could solo him. The only thing he's good at is his ringcrafting and sorcery/deceiving

Hopefully you're on the mend and gettin' your mind right!

If there are movies that can movie you and help you change... this trilogy would be it.

rewatching EE, first time with commentary. and since there are 4 commentary tracks, I guess I'm gonna be rewatching for quite some time.

Anyone else have an affection for all the rain scenes?