I just wonder why everyone thought that Pirates 5 and Transformers 5 were going to do well

I just wonder why everyone thought that Pirates 5 and Transformers 5 were going to do well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BM6tQ-SWGGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

With Transformers it was basically our expectations. Bayformers has had shit reviews for more than a decade now and people have gone to see the movies anyway. Why assume this time would be different?

Except this time it WAS different. America wised up at last, and even China didn't see it like crazy the way they had the previous few.

People got tired of it faster than we thought.

Is a good movie, just downloaded yesterday, you see a couple of niggers here and there, wich is something weird for the early XX century England or the Island where she is, whatever is called, the multicultural team is nice, Morrocan guy the Polish and the Indian are cool, Ares is mehh but is nice to have another early XX century hero movie

>Only a little more to go until Wonder Woman takes out the combined forces of the Avengers.
Its going to be out of theaters next week. Also
>domestic
Cute.

>Civil War - 1.2 billion
>WW - 800 million

Its currently bombing in Japan as well getting beaten by DM3 and opening lower than Suicide Squad

Because Sup Forums is pretending to be alt-right and had to keep telling itself that Wondie would be bad because women and the SJW boogieman liked it.

Mediocre flick which completely goes to shit in the final act

Domestic is literally all these Jews care about.

>Domestic
>still fucking shitposting long after people stopped giving a shit

>Domestic is literally all these Jews care about.
>Jews trying their hardest to get movies in China first before the rest for more shekels

Look... Honestly. I expected much less than what I got.

It was actually quite decent. It gave us a nice introduction to Diana and Themyscira, had nice action scenes and the music was on point too. My only complaint is: did it really need to be 2 and a fuckin half hours? The last 40 minutes or so seemed to just drag on and on. The romantic subplot was also completely unnecessary. But even with all of that, it was honestly pretty good.

Can someone explain to me why Americans have such a hard-on for this movie? It stopped making money completely in every other market like a month ago. It only made $3 million in Japan

You mean China, right?

>"Only a little more to go until Wonder Woman takes out the combined forces of the Avengers."
>2 Marvel franchises totaling in over $800m, with one more major release(Thor:Ragnarok) set to go
Tell me again how the DCEU is winning?

Civil War made a lot more than Wonder Woman

>Its going to be out of theaters next week.
It just got an IMAX expansion and is holding strong despite being out on digital already. It ain't going anywhere. More Mouseketeer fake news.

OP is conveniently only counting domestic.

>only counting domestic

civil war budget 250 mil
wondy budget 149 mil
> good number cruching there mr accountant nigger

Now do one for how poorly BvS did.

Its a Dc Pajeet shill. He does this on Sup Forums

Real shame about that 3rd act though

WW was such a bore, why does it get so much praise? The only good part of it was Chris Pine. Gadot was terrible in any scene she had to do more than just smile, the villains were even worse than MCU tier, and that's a low level, and the ending was fucking terrible

>BvS had the biggest opening weekend for a superhero movie ever at $424 million
Jesus it made pretty much half its overall gross in 3 days, what went wrong?

China just gets them the most internationally, domestic is still all that really matters to them.

Pirates of the Caribbean is a cultural phenomenon. It would have made more money if the movie wasn't shit

It was a good movie, i hope dceu keep going in that direction

It was shit.

Wonder Woman was shit too though

a much less smelly one though
>Pirates of the Caribbean is a cultural phenomenon
holy fucking kek

It was not little contrarian.

Just a little less shit, literally every review was "Finally a DCEU movie that isn't complete shit! Just ignore the third act."
Not even sure it means anything going forward since its time setting is very separate from everything else, all the supporting cast should be dead.

1) fake news reddit tomatoes
2) it was "too confusing" for normies

>Can someone explain to me why Americans have such a hard-on for this movie? It stopped making money completely in every other market like a month ago. It only made $3 million in Japan

Because American men are indoctrinated and raised in a Gynocentric culture that is Pro-Female/Anti-Male. As a result they worship Gurl Powar propaganda shit. The only way this shitty unrealistically competent female lead garbage makes money is by emasculating and indoctrinating men and also feminizing the entire culture. Under any other culture that is a true patriarchy (not the farce known as Traditionalism), this movie would be severely unpopular and unprofitable.

It's also why Rey the Mary Sue is worshiped in the new Disney Pro-Female Star Wars: Estrogen Awakens.

I wans't shit, the movie had a pretty good story and solid character development.
>muh third act meme
Most of the complaints about it are extremely forced and honestly it was better than the ending of both MCU movies this year.

Nice try kid.
youtube.com/watch?v=BM6tQ-SWGGE

China takes a bigger cut than most foreign markets and is instituting increasingly draconian content rules. Westerners really overestimate how much money there is to be made by pandering to China.

only the second act was good, the first act was bad as well, just not as bad as the third

and it had worse villains than both MCU movies

You put a lot of effort into making unnamed people look silly. Do you always act like this big of a smug faggot?

>Better ending than both MCU movies this year
Bullshit. Yondu's funeral scene was 10 times better than Wonder Womans ending

How long are dcucks going to cling to their ONE good movie?

Shit senpai marvel has like 10. Affleck is about to jump shit and destroy the entire dceu.

Ego and Ares are literally the same shit
>Hey kiddo I killed your parent
>lets kill all mortals together I'm your true family
>You're like me not like them!
>trust me I'm a nice old man!
>Oh yeah? I challenge you to shitty CGI battle in slow moooootion!

>Wonder Woman
>good

You Marvel faggots are just butthurt because you can't make a successful movie with a woman as the primary character.

Have they even tried?

Elektra

This is a sad post.

Captain Marvel will be the first I think There's sort of Jessica Jones I guess?

Marvel has 0, DC has 3. Even Suicide Squad is better than Marvel's best.

I thought the Mummy did poorly at the box office. Haven't seen it. It worth a pirate?

Also
>Gods can do whatever they want
>mortals suck they all deserve to die! Heil space Hittler!

difference is, Ego got close to Quill. They talked and bonded. Ares just shows up for no reason. And lets not even mention Poison cause she has zero development. Why was she even in the movie? I still don't understand the point of her character

Jessica Jones, The Wasp is coming...

>SS
>Good
nice shilling Snyder

I didn't say good, I said better than Marvel's best.

Jessica Jones was terrible.

Speaking of money, Mr. Krabs has dominated this thread.

Cum on him if you want to live.

Jessica Jones was the best Neflix series

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Someone actually typed this out

Jesus, you people are still arguing over this shit?

You're utterly delusional if you unironically believe that

Wasp is kind of the side-character, at least as far as the title goes, like Captain America: The Winter Soldier, it's Ant-Man and The Wasp as I recall, unless they really want to change it up, which they could since he's supposed to be in hiding with Cap.

Some are concerned that DC/WB have learned nothing, or that WW is too separate from the rest of the development process for it to have affected anything. Or all the other drama that keeps leaking out. They can't even keep a stable Batman development going, and I would think some wonder if it's partly because Snyder made him a fucking mass murderer who may or may not have been raped in prison.

I think they are just putting Ant-Man as the first name to keep it more similar to the first movie. They cast Michelle Pfiffer as Janet so the movie is probably more about Lilly than Rudd.

Ant-Man and The Wasp: The Search for Janet

>this much in denial

Matt got even more freedom than Patty,Zack and WB will get no say in this so this movie got more chances to be got than any other.

>It just got an IMAX expansion and is holding strong despite being out on digital already.
Cool horeshit bro

>Says i'm in denial when he literally stated Suicide Squad is better than Iron Man and Winter Soldier

I thought the movie was good.

Not great. Not spectacular.

Good.

I see the HD torrent and I haven't gone for it.

I'd rather play witcher 3 for 2 of those hours.

>But didn't Sup Forums tell me Wonder Woman would flop?

Let's be real here, expecting WW to flop like shit was a super safe guess. It's a character no one likes and who can barely sell a comic. It's a miracle she turned out as well as she did.

>Pirates of the Caribbean is a cultural phenomenon
it was, like ten fucking years ago

>Only a little more to go until Wonder Woman takes out the combined forces of the Avengers.

Shes also going to beat Iron Man 3. I don't care for company wars but i do find it funny how BTFO Sup Forums has been.

>I just wonder why everyone thought that Pirates 5 and Transformers 5 were going to do well.

Because they're billion dollar franchises user. Well, were anyway

>The romantic subplot was also completely unnecessary.

t.virgin

The romantic subplot made it the best date movie in years

>It's a character no one likes and who can barely sell a comic

Well that's wrong. You do know Wonder Woman outsells all the Marvel heroes except Spider-Man and Logan, right? Nah you didn't

People like DC and were pretty desperate for a good film from them. Unfortunately Justice League was being made concurrently and their actions since don't really show any signs that they've heeded any of the lessons from Wonder Woman. Had it been one of the first films to come out, then it might have had a positive influence on the DCEU.

As is, I'm more worried about them making a sequel and promptly screwing it up by changing all of the elements that made Wonder Woman work.

I wish I understood the hype for this movie, I really do. I like DC and I want their movies to do well, but Wonder Woman was so goddamn bland and I just can't fathom why it's the one everyone loves.

Is it the twist at the end that made everyone love it? Because in my universe "British guy is the big bad instead of the Germans" is not a big shock, it's a given outcome.

Maybe it's the one DC movie that sort of understood what people want in superhero movies? It's not perfect, but she ended up bring a better movie Superman than Zack Snider's take on the character.

Yeah that's probably it, it's the most similar to the successful Marvel formula.

Subjectivity and all that, but I much preferred Suicide Squad's style, despite admitting it's deeply flawed at the editing stage. Also the reason why Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1 & 2 are the only Marvel movies I've enjoyed since the Avengers.

>I wish I understood the hype for this movie, I really do.

The first female superhero of the modern age and it was Wonder Woman, the biggest female hero by far. That was enough

>first female superhero of the modern age

I assume you mean in films? Because Marvel's had Black Widow and Sif and Gamora and Mantis and technically Nebula now and even Pepper if you think she might count in Iron Man 3, as well as Jane Foster and Peggy Carter and Maria Hill and probably others I'm forgetting, not even mentioning the TV series, and DC has had Harley Quinn and Enchantress (even if they are more anti-heroes).

>Only a little more
Two hundred million is not a little bit more.

Ah yes, contrarian, the word that invalidates any criticism because of ad populum.
This is why the superhero genre is a big, fat joke.

Why is the CGI in capeshit so fucking bad?
With 200 million budgets, you'd think they would be able to afford something better than Unreal Engine 3.

And you do know the comic industry is completely irrelevant, right?

How did every superhero movie this year manage to be such a forgettable turd?

Bland or no, it did one thing we haven't seen in WB for a long time: Respecting the Source material. They didn't make her "real", dark, edge or some allegory to God/Christ. The played her straight and as such it was exactly what movie goers wanted and got. That's what made BvS such a train wreak, people were expecting Batman and Superman, not Moon Knight and Ultra Man, guest staring Scott Pilgrim.

Most of the cost is in actors. They have to get these people lock into multi movie deals and that is not cheap. It's why RDJ is worth so much now was he figured out very early on he was a flagship actor needed for the MCU to stick so he played hard and fast to get as much out of MS/Disney as he could.

>Cape shit movies fade into the background after release
>Jack is still remembered
You can laugh all you want, it's the truth.

so i just torrent it and i have to say while i enjoyed the movie gadot acting is one of the worse thing i have seeing in my entire life

congrats to WW. glad her movie did well

are you congratulating the fictional character?

I how hard WW btfo both Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Yes, when taking the 100 million higher budget into account, it still made 250 million more at the box office than WW, that's quite a significant number.

Yeah I meant films and the women you listed don't count because they don't have their own films.

That doesn't matter. He stated something as if it were fact when he was wrong. He had to be corrected.

And now the DCEU will follow the MCU route.
Capeshit needs to die already.

Don't worry, Sony and Fox also churning out garbage will cause the collapse to come a lot quicker. It's all downhill after Infinity War