JSA Storytime: Omega - the Unknown

Good evening owls,

Keeps getting weirder

who has two thumbs and some new cactus

also some new goddammit that hurts

Well Mr Oz is anticlimatic

did that leak? I haven't been following the Rebirth metaplot at all, so feel free to spoonfeed me

Yeah the cover for Action #989 pretty much spoils that it's Jor El

dear lord

I mean, at least then it's not the most obvious option?

Real skeleton jelly vibe up in here.

Who do we have to fuck to get "Neal Adams' OMEGA THE UNKNOWN"?

I wasn't expecting anything super exciting from that reveal anyway

it was never going to be Ozymandius or SBP

Any answer other than preFP Lex is honestly boring af to me

damn, NYC rats are scary, he must be super-hungry

Hello, Storyteller.

Having short hair again feels so fucking nice. Let's see what's up with Omega.

mine is short and kind of blue at the moment

Poor Omega lost all his muscles this time around.

weird shit happens in grad labs, you know

this is also amazing

Careful, Storyteller. Hair dye is the mark of the spooky SJWs, y'know...

it's not very bright because I am far too lazy to bleach my hair, but if it keeps the kind of people who'd be offended even further away, yay

Yeah nigga, nobody ever dyed their fucking hair before 2005.

New Yorkers see weirder shit than this on a daily basis, which is well captured here

That last panel is really great.

there's this particular bug up some people's ass about chicks with blue hair, tho

I hate Deathstroke being monthly, it feels like ages since the last issue.

Yeah I really miss the bimonthly releases on that book because it has a lot going on.

>this page
It's like if the SCP Foundation had a comic book. All that needs to happen now is for a Mobile Task Force to show up.

I wanna know what else Priest has going on, Antone mentioned that there was something new coming

Say, is anyone reading that Bane book?

It's basically the only book that was making use of the space.

OK, the Mink is now confirmed for supervillain.

I haven't yet. Every storytime of it usually just has comments like "FUCK YEAH BANE IS BACK! FUCK THAT KEK KING FOR WRITING A SHITTY BANE" and that has not really endeared me to it

Blame needlessly overcomplicated modern artwork. Telling you, comics could probably go back to regularly being bi-monthly, perhaps even weekly if the art was simplified. It would sure as fuck lower production cost at least a little bit.

>being a butthurt bitch
kek

he would be shot in public at the Alamo Drafthouse

Sweet, they finally added that word to the filter.

I think the capitalized version has been filtered for like a year now? Same time when they add desu senpai

The coloring aspect of house style actually bothers me a lot more than any line art component. There are some comics that'd look better in B&W or with flat colors, but most everything gets this mandatory style applied to it.

LOLOLOLOL

The best wordfilter was 'spider expert', but I think that was not here

KEK cuck

8th Panel
>"they do they work"
>"while you expand you brand"
Am i missing something? is that they way she talks, or did no one proof-read this shit?

I feel like the way you see artists talk it seems like they are the ones dictating coloring style more than editorial.

I either here comments like that, or "ugh what was DC thinking hiring Dixon???"

so I haven't heard anything useful about the book nor have I read it myself

voting for the latter

I have a near-zero interest in it myself but I haven't heard anything one way or another outside "Dixon's a bigot so IDC" which is not useful information either

cuck
CLICK

Wait, when did Omega take on Tom Scioli as artist?

The sheer amount of shading in fucking comics these days is ludicrous. I get you want lighting, but holy shit, tone it down.

>spider expert
Do tell.

Storyteller, you're supposed to move the cactuses around by the non-spiny bits.

That was 7chan, right?

Deathstroke does not have great art.

I accidentally knocked two tops off this papyracanthus I just fucking bought but apparently you can root them so whew

yeah...

I'm really there for Fenton seeing all this weird superhero shit from the perspective of her thesis.

it was a 7chan wordfilter for 'faggot' which came to generally mean "person who knows a lot about some useless shit and insists on telling you about it", but it just has a good ring to it, you know?

Yeah, that's the main downside to it. Great story, but C-team art

Well, what they were thinking?

I say this as someone who definitely qualifies as a spider expert in a number of areas

the art is strongly in the "illustrating the story but not definitively telling it on its own terms" category

>Who do we have to fuck to get "Neal Adams' OMEGA THE UNKNOWN"?

Someone willing to drive a dumptruck full of money to Continuity Comics, I'd imagine.

It's weird that something that really should be a game-changing reveal feels so boring.

All my love for those middle four panels not being a C&P.

He was willing to eat Pigeon, their terrestrial brothers would be no harsher on his digestive tract.

Friendly reminder that he's showing up in Superman as a generic bad guy written by the hacks that wrote his previous ongoing because Johns and the other editors consider them Slade experts. Reminder that they also said Deathstroke was fine and didn't need any fixing.

Wow, this machine mutant monster is a Fall Out Boy fan!

>kind of blue

Daboo dee daboo dye

That's OK as long as I still get Prieststroke in the actual book.

OK, I really dig that last line.

Would you characterize them as... gra/d/ labs?

Lois trying to interview Slade sounds like a good plot

that song will never die

that implies graduate students actually have sex, lol

>I say this as someone who definitely qualifies as a spider expert in a number of areas
Like opera, for example.

I'm(Cranky) a spider expert on Metroid. Texas user is a Wonder Woman spider expert, Judge user is a spider expert on Judge Dredd, etc.

You're right, that does have a nice ring to it.

Lois trying to interview villains sounds good but the solicit sounds terrible and they're obviously ignoring Priestroke.

I kind of want to see what kind of madness this particular Marvel Splinter Universe has in store for the Fantastic Four now.

It's got this nice balance between derision and grudging affection

SO there we go, that's the backstory!

Started to regret the inclusion of this disembodied head thing. And lol, what the fuck are you pretending this is music for?

This is actually an awful sequence, for real.

we punk now

>when your threeway with teenagers ends disappointingly

D:

That'd be more likely with Fenton than the nurse IMO.

ReedRichards.txt

I miss Reed

This is making me really miss Wendell's weirder adventures, too

The door to the Labyrinth seems kinda more sex dungeony than it's previous appearances would have made me think. It's been too long since these threads had quality sex dungeoneering.

I get that FF fans are pining for the first family of comics, but is it really so bad that they have nothing to do with current Marvel? Think about it for a second.

Me too, but I can't overstate how much I despise that 4 page explanatory sequence. That is a total letdown moment in this comic for me, and it's such a shame to drop that and then get into this which is actually fun, interesting, active and developing on something we saw previously too.

Like... did they just misjudge space? Did they think they'd run longer? Just suddenly realise they'd forgot to put in what they needed to put in earlier? That reveal should have been good, and the 5 pages of backstory at the start of this issue *were* good but... fuck.

Part of me wants to run some of these godawful adult Boundless comics on /aco/ just to see if they're funny when I'm drunk

It's not the art, it's the fact that it started selling below 30k regularly.

Green Arrow finally hit that and is going monthly.

Unless of course you mean you could start paying artists less if it were simplified art then yeah that could work too.

Them "fixing the multiverse" is so much more interesting than what Marvel's been putting out lately

>OK, I really dig that last line.

It's pretty tight.

Current Marvel in general is pretty bad. And they dont seem at all interested in changing that...

No, it's not bad that they're not being pooped on right now, but I still miss them and await them coming back at a better time

It reminds me I wish I knew which JSA we're getting back, too

There is a quality Exiles pitch in that concept that Marvel isn't using because they'd just Slott it up at this point.

There are so many interlocked things going on

I had a good laugh at someone's tweet which was all "Marvel is putting out so many mediocre comics" because by reading their feed, I can tell what they think the dead weight is, and it's diametrically opposed to what many other people would tag

Since Johns in charge,JSA will probably be pretty similar to his run.

I want Exiles back just to shove the new O5 kids into it.