"Marvel can't make great vil-"

"Marvel can't make great vil-"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fR03T0STAig
youtube.com/watch?v=hlq2kcYQcLc
youtu.be/aNI2b-dW1VE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lains, dipshit.

Based Marvel reducing Sup Forumsanons to a quivering seethe.

So why did he kill that black girl he was snogging?

Kinda ruined it for me there as far as his character went.

Dat ass tho

Don't get why people think he's so great.

He wanted to take over the world by murdering millions with wakandan advanced weaponry.

I'VE KILLED IN AUSTRALIA

JA-PAN

VENEZUELA

He was killing millions to save billions.

He could have used the tech to save instead.

He was just a salty child who thought the world owed him something.

He's the result of a fatherless childhood

It's the story of growing up black

>kill whitey
>good villain
this is your brain on disney

My only real problem with him was that his plans only seemed to work because everyone suddenly turned retarded whenever he was around.

He had reasonable goals but unreasonable means to achieve them, like Magneto.
Wanting Wakanda to raise up all blacks instead of keeping their wealth and technology to themselves is perfectly logical and commendable. Wanting to raise up blacks by bringing everyone else to their knees is monstrous.

>He had reasonable goals

Nice one, you should join the KKK with that mentality.

Under the microscope should be a missing person pamphlet.

Wanting the wealthiest and most powerful black nation to help other black people isn’t reasonable? Wakanda is basically 100 years more advanced than the rest of the world but they let the rest of Africa and everyone wallow in despair.

k i n o theme

youtube.com/watch?v=fR03T0STAig

Unironically this. BP was red pilled in places.

>villain has the same suit, fighting style and magic herb as the hero
Thanos atleast might be interesting for villain but I feel like they will make him so weak compared to what he should be capable of even with just 2 gems

>Marvel can't make interesting soundtra-

I do not think they are going to make their biggest bad weak

>he watches movies with villains

>character with the same abilities and superhero suit as the main character + regurgitation of BLM arguments i.e. 50% of reddit and twitter
ah yes, an amazing villain

His plans were very simple

> Shoot up art gallery and take relic
> Kill partner when he’s off guard
> Bring White Osama’s corpse as ticket into Wakanda
> Win challenge for throne
> Distribute tech

Basic stuff, and it’s pulled off w/o a hitch

It could’ve led somewhere really interesting as Wakandans realized that letting the physically strongest and most brutal rule is a moronic political system. Maybe they could’ve reflected on the flaws of an absolute monarchy... The movie didn’t even try, and was basically a Thor re-hash with his jealous cousin trying to take his throne, but without even the character arc for the protagonist or the cleverness of the villain

> Distribute WEAPONS

This is where the character shits itself and makes him nothing special.

>Win challenge for throne
This part in particular was my problem with the movie when everyone just seems to develop brain damage off-screen. Namely, the fact that everyone shits on T'Challa to keep up Wakandan tradition..and someone new shows up who just wants to shit all over that tradition because "MUH DADDY ISSUES" and no one seems to have a problem with it because..the movie needs to happen I guess.

That and T'Challa deciding to accept his challenge for the throne because...the plot needs to happen. Then suddenly forgets how fighting works, despite having no problem fighting earlier in the movie and Civil War, against people way tougher than Killmonger.

Also the fact that no one seems to have an issue with someone named fucking Killmonger sitting on the throne.

I thought they justified that a bit with his adult life being centered on instigating regime change. It’s not surprising that someone trained to see the world in that way would want to arm an insurgency he ethnically identifies with once given power

His motives didn’t really bother me, he just wasn’t much of a character. He’s a cruel, highly trained killer... and that’s it? We’re not given anything else, he doesn’t have much characterization or depth or anything beyond cool hair and hype theme music

I did like how he was a send-up of fatherless black inner city youth, but that’s not really inherently more interesting than le evil businessman trope or sci-fi jihadi analogue like the rest of the lame MCU villains

Eh. T’Challa accepts the challenge because it’s a threat to his legitimacy and a stain on his father’s legacy. He also thinks he can win

He loses because he doesn’t have his suit, his tech, or his powers. Not really inconsistent with him being stronger in Civil War. Killmonger was better trained and more skilled

I agree that the Wakandans seem like retards for clinging to an absolute monarchy in part determined by combat after it’s shown how that leads to cruel sociopaths having absolute power. That would’ve been explored or at least touched on in a better film

T’Challa ended up accomplishing Killmonger’s agenda in a more humanitarian way. The villain in the movie was ideology.

No, not at all. You fundamentally misunderstood the character and plot somehow...

too smart for Sup Forums

Why are people suddenly so obtuse about what constitutes a "good villain"? Killmonger was relatively well-written and MBJ did a good job portraying him. It's not even that special, just well above the consistently low bar Marvel has set for antagonists.

If Black Panther is superhuman on the level of Cap, how can some dude with a replica vibranium suit beat him? Cap bicep curled a helicopter.

Did you even watch the movie?
The suits were identical, just styled differently.
They both had the same powers.

He wasn’t very interesting and I don’t know how well written he was (shooting his gf in the head, cringey dialogue), but you’re right about MBJ’s charisma and a cool design and theme carrying the character

Emil Blonsky was better, Loki was better, Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke were better, and Kurt Russell was arguably better, but the rest of the MCU villains are awful so Killmonger looks good by comparison. Like, remember Ronan? Zeno? Malekith? Yea, the bar’s low as fuck

>Africans literally grunting like gorillas for like 2 minutes straight
I still can't believe that everyone just let that slide without comment.

to save billions of blacks

>Sup Forums
Lurk more.

Black's can't be villains faggot

Klaw was better

and not saving him to turn into a mo cap sound monster will forever be the MCU's greatest mistake

No one holds anything over on him. He killed her just to prove to Klaw that he was truly untouchable.

>niggers are oppressed in any fucking way in any non-nigger country

Are you fucking retarded, niglet? Did you recently receive a blow to the head? Because you're sounding like you're fucking retarded. This monkey was a black supremacist. Nothing more. He wanted to kill white people because he realized monkeys are inferior to humans and it triggered the nigger. The end.

the dude got the same power set, then burned down the source so no one else could get it and challenge him in the future

DAS RITE

>Sam Rockwell and Mickey Rourke were better
And this is why no one takes Sup Forums seriously.

>giving up the key to a country for a meh tier lay

-lains

Nevermind why he killed the sidepiece, why did he trick Klaw in the first place when he was always planning to use him as a ticket into Wakanda? Why not bag him after luring him in with the Wakandan artefact and then show up at the border with him? The way he did it now with freeing Klaw meant that BP could have just said "this is the guy who broke Klaw out after I captured him, here's a video I shot with my fancy suit-camera" and ruined everything.

>the superhero suit and magical abilities are wut matter!

>So why did he kill that black girl he was snogging?
to fulfill the black on black racial stereotype

the only possible argument is that he was trying to draw Klaw out or hiding since apparently the fucker was capable of evading SHIELD, CIA, Hydra and Wakanda

but yea considering his end game not killing him the moment he found him is a massive plot hole/mcguffin to keep the story moving

The more and more I see this the more and more I realize BP is just an Ant-man clone in terms of the movies.

Imagine if white people did this with their symbolic animals?
>losing argument
>starts loudly screeching like an eagle
Jokes aside, the movie did it in a funny way... wasn’t that bad to be honest.

>he was trying to draw Klaw out
But he accomplished that at the start when Klaw showed up at the museum. Dude was drawn out of hiding and he could have just bagged and tagged him right there.
It would have made way more sense if Killmonger did that hit himself and then met up with Klaw to try and sell the vibranium axe thing, drawing Klaw out for the kill, at which point BP swoops in and interrupts his plans. Could have made things more nuanced with several players in the game and Killmonger's plan not being completely obvious to everyone.
Or Killmonger's plan actually involving drawing BP out by using Klaw as the bait, to kill BP so that he could show up at Wakanda as the only heir, but he didn't try to kill BP either. He just ran.

As it is it seems like Killmonger didn't actually have a plan at all, he just remembered Wakanda when saving Klaw and decided to take it over instead of continuing to work with Klaw.

Except one is a comedy/heist-movie, and the other one is nothing like that.

>Hi, my name's consue--
>youtube.com/watch?v=hlq2kcYQcLc

>ME KILL HUMANS OOOGAGGA BOOOGAAA
african thade rip off

Weird, kinda seems like everyone’s recognizing Sam Rockwell as a world class talent these days back over in reality...

Right, but they spent so little time on him, and instead spent time on showing off the fictional country.

Based Thade poster

That doesn't make his MCU character any less forgettable or pointless. They could have gotten Daniel Day Lewis to play Red Skull, and he's still be a boring nazi in a red play-do mask.

He wasn’t forgettable or pointless, though
He was uniquely charming among a fetid list of dull antagonists, and he was integral to the plot. He even keeps cropping up in small ways as recently as last year in Spidey Homecoming

Are you just a brainlet, or..?

Sam Rockwell is good, but all his roles aren't. Stop fangirling actors, fag.

Right. Justin Hammer was good, though
Especially compared to Eric Killmonger, c’mon

They should have cut Killmonger's girlfriend too. She only existed to show us how ruthless he is, and to poison someone for a heist where the plan was "Run in, gun down literally everyone in the room, then run out."

Or at least characterize her so there's some impact when he kill her.
Actually, now that I think about it, did she actually say anything in the movie? I can't think of a single word she said at any point.

Hammer was just another shitty Iron Man corporate villain for god's sake. Nothing about him stands out as one of the good Marvel villains, he's just not the worst. At least Killmonger's villainy had a point, juxtaposing two schools of thought when it comes to the African diaspora, which obviously has its place in a Wakanda-focused movie. Hammer on the other hand was just another greedy capitalist to make Tony Stark look less like a war-profiteering capitalist in comparison.

I don't know why you're desperately trying to defend such a bland, nothing of a character. He's brought up simply because bringing up a weapon's manufacturer is a clean, easy way to add continuity between films. Literally no one talks about his role or Iron Man 3, because no one cares.

Misapplication of technology is honestly a better story hook than “Hitler, but black”. It was also a good plot device to expand on the government vs individual themes of I2, rather than Whites Must Die

Weren’t you just complaining about how boring it was to have a villain just be a Nazi in red-face?

>Misapplication of technology is honestly a better story hook than “Hitler, but black
No, that's not interesting at all. I genuinely don't know why you think this is compelling or worthy of note.

Same, but “Eric Killmonger” - the man with a palette-swapped Black Panther suit!
Look in the mirror, bro

His suit didn't matter. His powers didn't matter. If this is what you're using to judge a character's presence on film, then we are just two fundamentally different people when it comes to movies.

Vulture and Ultron were decent.

literally Angry Black Man: The Character

Anyone here like Red Skull

>“Hitler, but black”
If you think Killmonger was like Hitler then you need to pick up a goddamn book because you clearly have no idea how Hitler worked. Killmonger was AMERICA through and through, the only way they could have made it more obvious was if they had all the characters gather together and say it straight into the camera for god's sake. He intended to use Wakanda's wealth and military resources to destabilise other regions and put the people he wanted in leadership positions, just like the US has done with the CIA for decades. In his vision Wakanda would rule the world the same way the CIA figured America was ruling the world by arming the Taliban and financing South American revolutions.
Also, you're discussing this with more than one person.

>Misapplication of technology is honestly a better story
Yeah, that's why we need it told to us in EVERY Iron Man movie.

Best track was for the waterfall fight:
youtu.be/aNI2b-dW1VE

Only villains I liked.

He was just trying to help his people.

what ps2 game ?

He's "great" because the bar for Marvel is so low lol. All this nigga did is put on the angry black man swag for the entire movie. He wasn't that good of a villain. Certainly nowhere near Joker in TDK.

What you’re saying would only apply to a character put in a film for more than fights and showcasing suits. E.g. Justin Hammer or Loki

>reading this deep into a kids movie

So, this is the power of Marlel autism

>financing South American revolutions.
More like financing South America dictatorships.

Still can't, that shit's wack as fuck compared to either the Wonder Woman or Superman theme lol. Marvel themes are basic as fuck cuz. Even the Avengers theme is basic as fuck.

>implying that's even deep
They had the hobbit-dude literally explain how he was using CIA tactics, brainlet. It's not deep if it's the surface-level plot.

I figured we were all old enough to know it meant the same thing. Fund the revolution and then keep the dictator in power just because he's "friendly".

Literally looking this deep into a children's film you pretend out has as much depth and nuance as any DC film.

Top Kek

So were you just pretending to be retarded all along and just decided to ramp it up now, or did you adopt that tactic because you couldn't cope with being btfo on the Hitler comparison?

Kino

Wasn’t me, but the race based genocide the character centered around is why he’s anointed black Hitler

Killmonger is a generic evil bad guy who just wants to kill a lot of people because muh daddy issues. There's no deeper meaning or motive to his character.

Why even have actors at this point? The entire film may aswell just be cgi.

>might as well make the whole thing CGI because of the fight-scene employing it
Typical powerlevelscapefaggot who only cares about the punching.

a character's powers aren't what makes them interesting, and they didn't have the same fighting style

Is there anything interesting about “I want to kill all white people bc I’m black”? Did you think Ronan was an interesting villain?

So yes! He big and epic! He did that thing with the rock and could beat a million Supermans. YAAS

>good villains in movies and TV
hahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

She had a single line, I think, right in the beginning as she's serving food, she says she's going to take a break.

Didn't she also say something girfriend-y to Killmonger? I can't help but think she had a lot of lines cut, because as it is she was a weird glorified stand-in.

how many movies did it take them to get it right?

>Not seeing this movie in 4DX
why even bother.