Christ this was fucking awful

Christ this was fucking awful

I tried to watch first 23 mins and was so boring. Should I finish?

So you guys don't like film noir stories?

FUCK YOU IT WAS KINO
DUNCAN JONES IS THE NEXT KINOMASTER
IT WILL BE A CULT CLASSIC IN 10 YEARS YOU'LL SEE

Believe me pic related was amazing. Pacing was perfect and is a great cyberpunk flick.

I hope you don't trick me. I will check it out.

hi duncan

Jones may have made the strictest pleb filter of the decade.

Theroux was waaay too comfortable playing an irredeemable piece of shit. Now I know why Jennifer Aniston dumped his degenerate ass

I never thought I'd get bored with cyberpunk but here we are

>skarsgard spends the last 30 minutes of the film drooling and half asleep
Man that was an easy payday

The movie has many small subtle motifs and ideas regarding the characters and a pretty amazingly detailed world building. I don't understand the hate.

>the virgin mute

I'd say this is a pretty accurate prediction for the future of the west. Although I think it's going to be much, much worse.

The movie doesn't easily fit into any establish genre, so people don't know how to enjoy it.

Are people dumb and just so used to generic shit they already know somehow?

I'm watching it right now. Just got to the news broadcast that lets you know this is in the same universe as Moon. I want to die.

pelispedia still dont have it! guess i will play it on solarmovies.

This was really fucking horrible but still not as bad as Cloverfield Paradox. The latter is one of the worst movies I've ever seen, no exaggeration.

How old are you and how many movies have you watched in your life?

dont bother its legit awful like the room awful. i am embarassed for duncan

Paul Rudd did really well in this, I was shocked

You do know that people can pretty much live in a good movie bubble their entire lives right? If you are 18 there is literally no excuse for you to ever watch under a 7/10. Maybe user was a Cloverfield fan and got tricked into watching a shitty movie. We all have to get our bad movie cherry popped sometime but this generation probably lasts until age 20 to do so.

its odd how Jones has no perspective on how terrible his film is, and his own writing and dialogue. How does he know its not cringe

Sounds realistic.

jesus christ you guys. it's stunningly awful on every level, Jones has absolutely zero ability behind a camera.

Does he use sign language?

no

Duncan Jones is incredibly overrated,
anyway i wonder what kind of dad David Bowie was

>Starring

>Sup Forums can't noir
Can't say I'm shocked

You know what bothers me most on this board? It's not that people like you and me disagree in our opinions or tastes but the fact most of the time it IS only opinions that are posted here and no reasoning behind it. I liked it because it felt not like a pained by numbers movies, I enjoyed the world building, the way the characters motifs were explained really slowly and the whole atmosphere. The movie was not a masterpiece or even really good but it was an interesting, auteurish piece of media. And I felt like Jones really thought a lot about what he is doing? Does it work for the average audience? It doesn't seem so.

So please elaborate why you think he has zero ability.

overrated by who? this movie will ensure he is considered as garbage by everyone

>a-at least the visuals were good though

I've enjoyed the world-building but the plot and pacing are far from being great (I've had the similar issues with Warcraft)

>muh film noir

Grow up!

It was mediocre, but not awful. In serious need of a good editing job and lacked directing vision.

I feel like movies are just classified as masterpieces or trash with no mid term. If you think this was awful you haven't seen many movies. That goes to the critics as well.

Fuck you i liked it.

>I never thought I'd get bored with cyberpunk but here we are
its not boring
its unconfortable
movie place you in the shoes of a literal retrograde, being in the shoes of an autist as the goose is 100% better

How can BR49 even compete?