Work on your art + donut steel thread

post your art and OCs ya knuckleheads

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yh12RA3ha0U
hollymartins.deviantart.com/art/Cavewomanink-706054446
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was working on coloring techniques to get the colors I want but the least amount of steps to keep my page time consistent.

Wasp from the Marvel Comics series

Originally this was just a warm up sketch, but I decided to color it. It's still a WIP.

Mang you unironically need Loomis

i am not going to judge your anatomy or proportions because im guessing that's some /d/ stuff

But the you need to iprove your color theory and your shading dude that looks flat as fuck

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=Yh12RA3ha0U

I'll keep this alive with this dumb doodle I did

Cute, post it when it's finished. I think his right shoulder is little bit off, his arm should start a little bit higher.

Any tips for creating more varied heads? Especially when it comes to girls, I struggle a lot.

Vary head shapes more, they can be angular or long even if they're girls. All them have about the same size of eyes, and eye and nose placement too. Change the size of the eyes along with the shape, give som bigger foreheads etc.

Dude, I'm not not trying to put you down but these are really bad figure/anatomy studies. You have no understanding of form, and you're pretty clearly copying what you see in comics/other people's art rather than trying to make a decent stylization of what actual humans look like. Go to Quickposes, or Croquis Cafe, or even better a live figure drawing session. Read your Loomis and Hampton, because you clearly haven't.

>Draw a girl
>Call it a boy
They can't keep getting away with this

>Don't shit-copy other people
>Use Loomis
???

You don't copy Loomis. You practice his lessons. There's a difference.

t. Person who can separate lessons from the medium

Your doodle redefined.

My shark, Brody. Possible web comic in his future when I find out how to be funnier.

i was bored

haha, that's fucking great user

The dwarf in the flask.

How do i paint bubbles?Any tips

I can't draw, but I can at least post a tutorial I guess

i can finally draw tits for ants

Thanks, OP!

Here's a character I plan on using sometime down the road, don't have a name for her yet but I know I'm gonna have her running her own little restaurant.

Bump

Finished this picture in the afternoon. Just a bunch of crap I drew around an oc. Also drew that orange haired chick with the big knockers from hunter x hunter earlier tonight.

Aww yeah, I remember this shark boy. Keep up the good work user

Damn son that's a good design! My only critique is the jaw-line: Either move her face closer or her bangs, or redraw the chin to be less 3/4 perspective

are you the guy that does all that preggo stuff on deviantart

Did a walk-cycle. Currently cleaning it up.

That's fucking neato.

Thanks dude, I'll give it a shot.

bump

just go to /ic/

Main character for my comic me and my brother are making. I didn't draw him because I can't draw for shit.

/ic/ takes the fun out of drawing, its only good for the reference materials

First time poster. I'm not an artists, but I wanted to try something to finish before TFBW comes out. Basically I want to recreate covers from DC/Marvel with the South Park kids superhero characters equivalents or as close it would be.
Pic related is Stan/Toolshed as Blue Beetle.
I already have ideas and covers for most of them. (Coon/Wolverine, Mysterion/Batman, SuperCraig and Wonder Tweek/Superman WonderWoman, Tupperware/Cyborg) But I've yet to choose covers for the rest.
I was planing to fully make covers, but not only will it take more time than I have, I don't have the skill for it. So I'l just make the poses and color them.
Anyhow, any ideas, suggestions, critiques are welcome.

This looks like my gf XD

Made this mainly to see what I could do with paint.net
I might use this character for a vidya

my oc, fidgetchan

dang, forgot pic.

is that a yes?

Did a little Tiefling girl and her cursed sword.

Worked a bit on starting from a smaller thumbnail and a background that isn't white.

doodled one of my ocs

I don't draw ALL of it.

reposting from a couple months back

there was a Kim Reaper storytime and it was pretty shit, so i shared my grim reaper/undead characters in protest

Thank you. This is probably my third attempt to learn animation. It might actually take this time.

Thanks, here's the more-or-less finished version. I tried fixing the arm but I'm not sure if I was successful in that regards orz

Don't know if you're joking or not, but thanks for liking it.

blease don't die thread

This probably borders on cringe, but I drew myself in the South Park style.

Also, thanks for being so motivating, Batman.

Can't post it here, but the latest thing I've been working on. Drawing from Budd Root's Cavewoman.

hollymartins.deviantart.com/art/Cavewomanink-706054446

Posting old art.

And the spider-man project.

Was originally only going to do sexy Viv but I feel like it beckons an interaction with someone. Luigi's just a placeholder, any ideas for chara/etc?

for october im planning on drawing a halloween themed video game character a day. heres the backround im gonna draw them all on. any advice on the color or layout?

The greenish colors don't really work well, they're very plain and clash a bit. Maybe go into grayscale for that to keep the Halloween theme up.

Bored

I've drawn this guy in the past with short hair but didn't like it since it made him look too polite. Trying to draw him with some long barbarian hair. Not sure whether to give him a beard.

I'd say stick with luigi, but make him be a bit more timid and shy.

This just needs a background, then she'll finally be done.

Today's a big deal for me.

I drew a human face from reference. That almost kinda sorta looks like the person. And it's good! Not great, but not awful, right?

Also a horse.

Don't know why my phone has to constantly flip shit.

most phones make images too big for the site to handle, look into a photo resizer app, they help a lot

Something between Sup Forums and phones cuts out the orientation information and turns it the way it thinks you should be holding the phone. You just gotta hold it that way.

Are writefags welcome in this thread? I was just talking about how in /coc/ I have a 171-page novel that I'll probably never publish due to being dissatisfied with some major elements. So now, the way I see it, I have two major options for actual OC novel work. Here are the stories proposed:

>A neo-noir cyberpunk thriller where a journalist moves to one of the Seastead Mega-cities in the pacific ocean, a particularly seedy one. He soon finds himself embroiled in a story involving a mysterious vigilante terrorist whose one-man war on crime has the entire city wrapped in fear. Inspirations include: Perturbator, Fantômas (the novel series) and Hotline Miami.

>A space-opera coming of age story about the son of a retired war hero joining his dad's old war buddies on an interstellar hunt for a massive cache of gold. Throughout his journey he meets new friends and learns what it means to be a man. Inspirations include: Lord of the Rings, Treasure Planet, and Star Wars

Which one should I probably put more effort and interest in?

>tfw you'll never write a comic cause can't draw

Then practice.

Oh yeah, there's also two other options that I wanna do as a graphic novel. While I can't really draw beyond amateur line art sketches and periodic sigils, I could very easily script these out either as full-length graphic novels or traditional miniseries. They are:

>A super-powered wide-eyed idealist college freshman decides to get his start as a superhero, earning him the attention of the city's more accomplished heroes. With their help, he fights to restore hope to a city that desperately needs it. Inspirations include: Ultimate Spiderman, Watchmen, My General Dissatisfaction With The State of Marvel Comics

>Set in the same setting as the first option in , an ambitious scientist created a robot designed to be a hero to the people of another pacific Seastead, but after the robot hero tried to single-handedly topple the city government to bring about a utopia, he was seemingly destroyed. Some time later, a second robot built by the scientist defies his now world-weary maker's wishes and returns to the city to make right what his "brother" did wrong. Inspirations include: The Protomen, Tokusatsu TV, Metal Gear Rising

I don't like drawing

then stop whining and write a novel instead

Then read Bendis' Words for Pictures. I saw it at the library.

Or, you know, learn to make scripts (which isn't too hard) and find an artist who wants to work with you to bring your scripts to life (which is really hard!)

I think it's still a good skill to understand the basics of, so you can help provide references for the artist drawing your book. You should at least acquaint yourself with stick figures, so you can sometimes set up a specific panel for your artist if you want to.

I..don't like novels either.
Truly hell

and done

that coming along nicely user

Well then, you're out of luck

Bumping in the hopes that this thread will be around when I wake up tomorrow

Pyhhra is a spy whose nose grows from lying. She works as a spy and an office worker. As a spy, she's confident, collected, and a little cocky. She feels she can accomplish any mission. She also feels less constrained by her nose growing and uses it to help her in missions.

However, she's much more introverted in the office. She's disorganised, clumsy, and can't talk straight. She feels less confident about her and her nose growing as it tends to be made fun of.

Her nose is very durable. It can't be cut and can be used to battle against powerful melee weapons. Despite that, her nose isn't invincible. Her nose is prone to simple things like being grabbed, tickled, and teased.

She's a big fan of martial arts movies with Jackie Chan being her biggest inspiration to how she fights. She likes the idea of fighting differently based on the surroundings and circumstances.

>Her nose is prone to simple things like being grabbed, tickled, and teased.
This sounds like a fetish

To add to this, I created a villain for Pyhhra. Her name isToxicity. She specializes in chemicals and gasses, which prove to be problematic for Pyhhra and her curse. Even though she's Pyhhra's "nemesis", the relationship between them isn't always hostile. Toxicity has a sort of "Jekyll and Hyde" disorder, where she's usually nice, but falls victim to her evil side and goes fully cynical on occasion.

I don't know how to make it sound non-fetish sounding.

good series of posts

stuff

love the composition of colors, perspective, lighting, and setting.

Her knees look a bit odd

This looks lovely, only thing is the kitchen floor stands out. Even just overlaying some texture onto it would help it to blend in.

not bad, matches the paper style of the earlier seasons

Gay as fuck senpai

Camp camp/10

Looks fishy

Ya git gud, thats how

Furry/5

Needs a dick between those tits

Dont know what the fuck im looking at here

Mods!!

Then why bother posting it?

Lose the dick hair

Memey and shittly sketchy