Loving Vincent

This was released yesterday. Did anyone see it? How was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CGzKnyhYDQI
youtube.com/watch?v=CjM3lGQZ25A
youtube.com/watch?v=eOtwJL4iV8s
youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=CGzKnyhYDQI

Posting some trailers in case anyone is interested in seeing it later.

youtube.com/watch?v=CjM3lGQZ25A

youtube.com/watch?v=eOtwJL4iV8s
^behind the scenes.

Where the hell am I supposed to watch it?

>no theaters in my area showing it
>even the artsy theater that usually has movies like this
well fuck, I had been looking forward to this movie

Yeah, I was having trouble finding showings of it too. Only place that seems to be showing it near me is the art museum, and they're charging $50 for tickets.

>I had been looking forward to this movie

Same. Lost track of it some time ago, it's great that they finally finished it.

how long had it been in production?

News story says it'd been four years.

Fucking this

Apparently it showed on some festivals earlier this month but my pleb ass won't go near those

Considering I live in the South and not all that close to any of the major cities, I doubt I'll be able to watch it until it comes out on DVD without having to drive for a few hours.

Nowhere near me is playing it. I really wanted to see it too.

You could research if there's a way to get a discount on that. Sometimes they'll discount college students, or local libraries will hand out passes or something. You're art museum sucks for charging that much per ticket though, that's a pretty outrageous price.

Of course not, there is a lack of waifus.

>Van Gogh's two romantic obsessions were a prostitute and his cousin
Is he, dare I say it...?

Apparantly it's not coming to my country till early november.

Vincent is a god-tier husbando, though.

AMC says it won't come to texas until oct 6, not sure how accurate this is though

Is it as good as Lust for Life?

It's not opening in my area until mid-October at the earliest, according to the website. It'll be even closer to where I live in early November.

I'll definitely catch it, but it looks like I'm going to have to wait.

Dare to sir.

doesn't come into my local theater till October 13th. is is good?

on kiss cartoon at least six months from now

They should just release this shit digitally or give it a bluray release so most people can watch it

man that looks pretty.

I am waiting for the extras of the "director's cut" I wonder what will they include...

I want to empty my wallet on this film

I want this so much

I saw it. Easily the most beautiful film I've ever seen and one of my favorites of the year. The story of the movie is alright, nothing spectacular, but the visuals are overwhelming in a beautiful way. I can't imagine not seeing it in theaters because it was so large you could see the details of the brush strokes on the screen.

I really can't stress the visuals enough.

It would defiantly be cool if they one day put some of the painted frames used in the movie up for sale. Can't imagine they'd be cheap though.

One of the directors said they sold a few of the paintings for $2-4,000 each. The composer said he bought two during a Q&A as well. I wonder if the public will be able to buy them.

>my pleb ass won't go near festivals
Why not? It's fun user. Nothing is better than discovering a great animated gem you've never heard of.

I heard the story was a bit lackluster, and that's somewhat disappointing, but I'm glad the visual still shine through. Can't wait to see it even if I'll have to drive a ways out to see it at the theaters.

No theatres in Illinois are showing it, the same thing happened for Anomalisa. Our art theatre scene fucking sucks.

Obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

the lack of posts in this thread is criminal

p10 bump. I guess.

This

Looks nice, I'll watch it when I can.

Somebody gave Greg Land a paintbrush?