What are some examples from comics (or cartoons) of a writer writing a character that has a different political opinion...

What are some examples from comics (or cartoons) of a writer writing a character that has a different political opinion then the writer and that character isn't a strawman or criticism of that belief. A liberal writing a good conservative character or vice versa.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MsioIw4bvzI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

General Ross occasionally
Guy Gardner
Nexus/Horatio Hellpop

What was Guy's political standing?

I am not conservative but this is a bit refreshing to see. I understand that comic books are more popular in big cities and therefore the readers and writers tend to be liberal but I want more diversity and by that I mean diversity of opinion.

He's depicted as being conservative and extremely supportive of capitalism and made a living off his solo superhero career.

>le liberal white man telling me how to be a proper black
Also pic related

Pretty spooky how well this describes the current cult of conservative fanaticism.

Yup, and how Cap would be considered a cuck for promoting Constitutionalism

>that last panel
Incredible. Who drew this? Where is it from and where can I give it money?

It's from the DeMatteis run on Cap.

Thanks user

No problem. Happy reading.

>Conservative
Most of the freedoms being taken away in the western world are because of Liberal anti Hate speech laws.

And?

I honestly can't imagine what it must be like to live like you do. The constant need to reinforce your own delusions just so you can feel like you're a part of something.

You don't have to be afraid, man. It's legitimately not your fault. It's not your goddamn fault and if you need to talk, I would love to help you through it like someone once did for me.

You have no idea how vibrant and sensational the world actually is. You just have to let your guard down for a single second and ask for help. You have NOTHING to lose and everything to gain.

Is this a copy pasta?

[citation needed]

Liberals aren't the ones actually making laws to shut down climate scientists. Liberals aren't the ones spreading misinformation just for an easy grab at power. It's incredible to me that even after you stupid fucks won THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT, you still blame the failures of your own ideology on the liberal boogeyman (or worse, the "system" which your party fights so hard to protect).

There are exactly zero points in history where conservative viewpoints led to progress and prosperity. The concept of conservatism is literally the opposite of progression. It's built upon keeping things the same or going back to an imagined past. You can't fix problems by going to the past. New ideas and a liberal populace are always the ingredients of a successful civilization. Conservatism is what breeds Islam and niggers.

>My opponent is SILLY

>tfw you realize your villain is making too much sense so you have him attach suicide vests to his audience on the very next page

Red Skull is just using the argument to further his goals and in no way reflects on the quality of the argument. It's almost like he's a master manipulator.
Or maybe it's because that's what Red fucking Skull would have them do.

>Liberals aren't the ones actually making laws to shut down climate scientists.
The irony of this statement. Climate scientists who disagree with the dogma are vilified and cut off from funding.

That's not science, that's a religion.

>Liberals aren't the ones spreading misinformation just for an easy grab at power.
Liberals do this. EVERY PARTY DOES THIS.

>poorly conducted science that fails under INDEPENDENT peer review is rejected
>this is a bad thing

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how fucking science works. Stop believing everything fed to you by whatever hugbox you came from. You can hold controversial political stances without going full retard and insulting your own intelligence.

Sounds like you're offended I just questioned your religion, cultist. Your doomsday religion.

Sure thing user. There's a cabal of scientist conspiring to keep the truth of global warming and the fact that the earth is flat hidden from the masses.

Sounds like you're deflecting so you can maintain your preconceived viewpoint instead of engaging with ideas that might disagree with yours.

Getting awfully angry now, my dear cultists.

By the way, I thought Florida was supposed to be under water by now. Do you need more money to prevent it from happening?

But I'm agreeing with you user. There's lizard people among us.

"Fuck Commies" pretty much sums it up.

Wow, more deflecting. How surprising.

>Thread intended to bridge political boundaries just leads to more shitflinging
Every. Time.

>This is what SJWs actually believe

Are there really fuckheads like this guy in real life? I can't imagine a situation where every single person of a particular kind of demographic is just assumed to always vote for the same party.

There was a racist asshole character in The Question that takes a bullet for Vic and saves him. Vic get's super butthurt over the idea of a racist saving his life.

>Vic get's super butthurt over the idea of a racist saving his life.
That's not why he's pissed.

>Conservatism is what breeds Islam and niggers.
FUCKING THIS

Why do people not understand this? I am faaaar from liberal but this is goddamn fundamental. I will never understand why Republicucks and Mudslimes hate each other so much when they have more in common with each other than anyone else.

How do you rationalize the fact that none of your doomsday prophecies came true?

The hell are you on about? Do you mean the doomsday prophecies devised by religious fanatics, or the ones devised by conspiracy theorists? Because science is incapable of providing "prophecy" of any kind.

If you still don't understand how science works, I doubt you ever will. But if you'd still like to learn, educating yourself online is actually really easy.

But Al Gore said the polar icecaps would all be gone by now...

[citation needed]

An in any case, Al Gore is not a climate scientist. He's a politician. Do you need me to explain the difference?

youtube.com/watch?v=MsioIw4bvzI

Didn't see many of your climate scientists calling him out on it. I'm sure they enjoyed the extra funds for keeping quiet though.

You'd be surprised at the sheer anger and disgust gays and blacks get for voting the opposite of what their identity group says they should vote.

what about when the atom bomb may have started a chain reaction that would vaporize the atmosphere

This thread was about Sup Forums things showcasing alternate viewpoints to the creator without coming across as one-sided and strawmanny. Stop arguing about global fucking warming.

Fuck me. How did the democrats so thoroughly pull the wool over all these people's eyes?

SHUT THE FUCK UP HILLBILLY

Have you never walked on a college campus user?

>the more uneducated vote republican

And how is this supposed to be surprising?

I don't even live in american user, that's why I asked

this is some master quality bait

But all those uneducated blacks are voting democrat, guy

>Then the rest of the comic is just taking down a bunch of racist religious whackjob rednecks.

Is it because he's an Objectivist and that man gave his life hor mim?

Oh. Then yeah there exist some people so sheltered inside the liberal viewpoint (Hollywood, gated majority white upper class suburbs, etc) that they assume every single member of a minority group votes Democrat.

These same people also get very angry when this viewpoint is contradicted inevitably and will, with a complete lack of self awareness, call conservative minorities racial slurs such as "uncle tom" or "race traitor".

So something I don't get: for Democrats, is being uneducated something that inspires a feeling of "I want to help rectify this and help these people get access to affordable education", or something that inspires feelings of caustic disgust and belittlement for not going to college? Or is it dependent on who the uneducated person is?

IIRC that goes back to the original Quantum & Woody by Priest. I think there were black conservatives in other stuff from the '90s too like Icon from Milestone.

Nigga I don't know, I'm not a fucking democrat. But I'm sure as fuck not a republican either. Education is good for everyone as long as you aren't going into law. Law students are objectively bad people.

Protip: Having a gender holocaust arts degree counts as "educated". It's a deceptive term that doesn't mean much.

US education right now is a pathetic joke.

Uh... did you not see that POC vote democrat?

The big population centers along the east and west coasts lean overwhelmingly liberal, plus places like Chicago. Most of the media companies lean liberal and are based in these big population centers.

Stuff like this is why you see a lot of liberals call for the abolition of the electoral college. It gives places like New York (i.e. NYC) and California even more power and basically reduces most everything inbetween barring some swing states like Ohio to complete irrelevance as it concentrates power in the hands of the coastal (and thus liberal) elites.

By not calling to outlaw evolution and birth control, supporting welfare and not treating immigrants (legal or otherwise) like lepers.

We all do better when we all do better.

I sincerely just don't understand how somewhere like Chicago, which has been under the democrats thumb for so long, can continue to overwhelmingly vote democrat.
Fuck me over here in australia if a party fucks up more than a few times, they're voted out simply out of spite.

>supporting welfare

How does that help us all do better?

Given that it's Spencer yes, it's meant to attack the quality of the argument as well.

>how does keeping people from falling into poverty and crime help us all do better

You have no fucking idea how much you benefit from welfare because all you care about the incredibly small minority who abuse it. This is because you care more about appearing strong than actually improving the livelihoods of others.

Less homeless people on the streets.

No, it isn't.

Unfortunately that propaganda is not meant for you.
As with the moral high ground, the left also claim intelligence exclusively for themselves despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
The totally not-corrupt MSM know this and love to spin news and events in this way for multiple reasons
1. Undercuts your opponents position in every way. YOU don't want to know what an idiot thinks, so why would anyone bother listening to someone who allegedly is overwhelmingly supported by uneducated people?
2. Virtue Signaling. You want to think you are the smart one. If the media constantly tells you everyone else is stupid, it's almost the same.
3. Fear mongering. Clearly there is a savage horde of retrogrades out there. Only government snake oil can save you.

There are many ways to become educated that don’t involve the purchase of a diploma. Why would the media ignore thousands of apprenticeship programs, on-the-job-training opportunities, and all the other alternative educational options that have led so many people into so many successful careers? It's a way to influence elections. If a leftist can get away with labeling his opponents who didn’t graduate from college as “uneducated,” he can imply that any ballot cast for a conservative is the hallmark of an “uneducated” voter or an idiot.

That's the democrat obsession with "education". To answer your question, understand that Democrats divide people between white and peoples of color (or colored person) (everyone else). If you are a POC, then you are a victim of "institutional racism" or a helpless sap the Democrats can play hero to like it's 1960 and everything is the Civil Rights movement. If you are white then not having a college degree means you are a moron and a failure and you should have known better because you are smarter than that.

More than you would hope have the caustic disgust reaction. A lot of people who identify as Democrats or liberals don't really have any genuine beliefs and only gravitate that way because its seen as the more intellectual of the two parties. They're more interested in exulting in their own superiority to those poor dumb hicks than they are in actual politics.

What are your parties like over there? I don't want to assume they are crazy animal themed.

Excellent strawmanning.

>Why would the media ignore thousands of apprenticeship programs, on-the-job-training opportunities, and all the other alternative educational options that have led so many people into so many successful careers? It's a way to influence elections. If a leftist can get away with labeling his opponents who didn’t graduate from college as “uneducated,” he can imply that any ballot cast for a conservative is the hallmark of an “uneducated” voter or an idiot.

Except the american populist severely lacks critical thinking skills. As seen with "I dont care if trump gets rid of obama cara, I'm on ACA". I'm not saying a 2-4 year degree fixes this, but how do deal with a chunk of voting elligible americans are too stupid to understand politician rhetoric?

Was this Vertigo? How come he can say "nigger" in this?

It's more to do with the fact that the Republicans are the party of white Christian fundamentalists and corporate whores, and the Democrat's main selling point is not being that.

As someone who lives in a large city with a large homeless population, gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that one.

>he thinks stupidity is exclusive to populists

"1 in 5 women are raped on college campuses, a rate worse than the Congo."

"Women make 70 cents to the dollar compared to men, despite this being illegal on a federal level for many, many decades."

"The 1st Amendment does not protect hate speech."

Thanks for playing.

Much closer together on the political spectrum from I can tell of american politics, which probably does help in allowing for more swing voters to be fair.

Green Lantern and Green Arrow

just imagine how much more homeless there would be if welfare, foodstamps and housing assistance weren't around.

>Cap telling off a Jew AND a Nazi in the same panel

holy fuck this is GLORIOUS

and then I remember what they've done to him now. Oh Captian my Captain...

The days of being able to be anti-semitic and still hate nazi's are gone.

You mean people would be forced to live within their means? The travesty.

The guy has legit complaints but the mexicans aren't to blame, it's the people running the company who hired them

>for Democrats, is being uneducated something that inspires a feeling of "I want to help rectify this and help these people get access to affordable education", or something that inspires feelings of caustic disgust and belittlement for not going to college?

Yes

Yeah that would be most people's rationale. But I've noticed living in a very liberal area that the kind of idiots who get their political opinions from ambient peer pressure generally latch on to liberalism just for the sake of pseudo-intellectual talking points. The same kind of thing happens in conservative areas too.

Cap isn't anti-Semitic, he's anti-demagoge

I think it's tough to do because stupid people assume if you write someone who is a good guy who has one viewpoint then clearly you hold that view. I wrote a fanfic with an atheist in it and people got up my ass about it. I didn't want to preach to anybody I just wanted to write about someone who had a crisis of faith.

right yeah cause that's what causes poverty and homelessness

>I wrote a fanfic with an atheist in it and people got up my ass about it. I didn't want to preach to anybody I just wanted to write about someone who had a crisis of faith.

See I want to do the same and it's shit like that which puts me off.

I don't think it's possible and I don't mean that as an attack on either side of the spectrum.

I think critical thinking develops as you engage with and analyze other people's arguments and perspectives. But that isn't happening en masse because parts of the population aren't interested in debate. They just want to be coddled in their information bubbles where they have their arbiters of truth tell them that the other side is the enemy and they don't have to think about the isues any deeper than that.

And both sides are guilty of this. In one bubble, every conservative is a gun nut who hates the gays and the blacks and the jews and everything is Obama the marxist islamist from Kenya's fault. In another bubble, every liberal is a spineless cuck who wants to watch the bull fuck his wife while he bends over for achmed and they can all get free healthcare for the STDs.

Really it boils down to the fact that certain people in politics are too lazy to research the issues themselves and perhaps due to herd psychology these people appear to be louder and more numerous than they actually are.

Much less. They'd all be dead.