twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ew.com/books/2017/09/20/axel-alonso-marvel-legacy-preview/

newsarama.com/36544-tom-brevoort-marvel-legacy-interview.html

go somewhere else to shill your garbage

>hype

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/19/marvel-legacy-axel-alonso/

newsarama.com/36501-jason-aaron-marvel-legacy-1-interview.html

Why isn't renaud on a book?

Marvel has shown me no reason that legacy is anything but another relaunch where nothing will change, and it just feels like them trying to ape DC's success of rebirth without actually understanding what made rebirth work.

Why would I get hype?

Nice to hear Robbie gets a bit of a spotlight though.

why isn't Spencer on a book? After all, he just finished writing the second worst selling summer event of the last decade!

Did Rebirth really work on the long run?

Most of the DC books are below their New 52 numbers at this point since the relaunch

Same reason Hickman wasn't on any books after writing the best selling summer event of the last decade.

Is he really leaving?

to be fair, sales have been down across all publishers.

If by leaving you mean left, then yes. His last Marvel comic is a back-up in Not Brand Echh where he's going to be making fun of Secret Empire and himself just like how Hickman's last Marvel story was a back-up in Secret Wars Too where he made fun of Secret Wars and himself.

The numbers are lower, but some of that is made up with double-shipping. Three titles have gone monthly since their launch, and more will follow soon (Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Aquaman), which is why there are more monthly titles as replacements in the pipe (like the Dark Matter line).
The LCS market is in a really weird place now, with it technically growing, with more titles but lower sales numbers in the field. Trade sales and the like are still growing, but there might be some stalling seen this year if the theory about the removal of the NYT Graphic Novel section having an actual effect on numbers.

Not really, Superman and Wonder Woman are up -- also, considering that DC low sellers like Blue Beetle and Cyborg, on their 12th issue, are outselling some Marvel titles that are still in the single digits... yeah, Rebirth was worth it.

>hype
>hype for Cavengers
>hype for the same shitty writers
>hype for the same shitty legacy characters
>hype for Jean Grey's return even though no one wanted her back
>hype for more strawmaning the reader for not liking Marvel's shit

No thanks.

Deathstroke went monthly a while back.

But it's worth pointing out that loss due to attrition is definitively better for DC comics than for Marvel since Rebirth.

Marvel wishes they would have some titles in their 20th issue or so selling as good as some of the DC titles, specially since a bunch of their recent launches have terrible numbers 5 issues in.

I'm only here for the Starbrand vs. Ghost Driver fight.

>Marvel is so desperate for attention that they have resulted in shilling on Sup Forums

Pathetic.

>Marvel Legacy
>"Hey, Remember When We Had Your Favorite Heroes?"
>"And Carol?"

Rebirth was never really about the floppies, it was to provide a bunch of trades designed as jumping on points releasing quicker due to double shipping.

So did Odin actually created this realm do you think or does he just take credit for it? Kinda spits in the face of the fact that Ghost Rider is literally a servant of God.

>Marvel Legacy #1 Hype
I'm less hyped for this than my colonoscopy, at least that checks for tumors. Pretty sure Legacy is just gonna give me cancer.

Scanbro, please fuck the pain away for us.

Yeah, where is scanbro to save us from Wednesday!

he's rumored to be the guy taking over ASM after Slott writes #800

They haven't even finished their last fucking event, what the fuck are they thinking

That's already been proved by Slott a thousand times.

Slott is not leaving Amazing Spider-Man.

Superman is actually down

*disproved

It's already been spoiled.
Cavengers fight CaveDoom.
Jean comes back.
Reed and Sue can't come back because an evil strawman for the reader (who hates change and wants everything to stay the same) has awakened.

It's shit.

And the Evil Reader figure will inevitably be a rip off of the Empty Hand.

>Cavengers fight CaveDoom.
Fake news

Hyped for what?
Most of the creative line-up for Legacy is either the same or worse. You got WokeWaid still writing shitty Champions and Avengers (but oh! He gets to write Superman grounded 2: Captain America edition!). Slott is still on Amazing Spider-Man (and will never ever ever leave). Aaron is still on Thor. Bendis is still on Iron Man, Defenders, and Miles. She-Hulk is still edgy and unfun. Squirrel Girl is still ugly. Costa is still raping Venom (but oooooh he gets to have a shitty crossover with Slott's ASM! Wow! And Mania is losing her symbiote so Clara's edgy OC can have it!!!)

Zdarsky is still writing his shitty manchild Peter Parker book AND gets to ruin/rape Ben Grimm and Johnny. Spencer is writing a joke book with dabbing on the cover. Falcon is getting a solo even though his last book failed. Jean Grey is boring and her return is made pointless with O5 Jean.

And worst of all Conway is leaving Renew Your Vows (my favorite book).

So no. I am not hyped. I am the opposite of hyped.

I was hyped when I thought it could be a crossover between Marvel and Star Wars. Then it wasn't so I don't care.

>Marvel: We've listened to your complaints and we are going to change
>You are getting rid of all the annoying Minority characters no one loves?
>Marvel: No
>You are undoing OMD/OMIT and/or bringing Peter and Mary Jane's marriage back?
>Marvel: GOD NO!!!!
>You are having a crossover with Star Wars?
>You are having a crossover with Disney characters/Kingdom Hearts?
>You are bringing Miracleman to 616?
>You are bringing back Rightclops?
>Then what?
>Marvel: We have Cavengers. And we are bringing back everyone's favorite character ever created, Jean Grey!!!!
>...

that's from july though, not saying the rumors are true

At least Duggans Guardians hasn't been ruined by this shit

New fags dont even know anything about the new 52 so yea guess they did. Seriously ask any faggot that browses here, they will act like marvels always been shit.

>they will act like marvels always been shit.
Well...

>crossover with Star Wars
>crossover with Kingdom Hearts
>Bring Miracleman to 616

These are terrible fucking ideas no matter what the circumstances

The sales are doing enough to ruin it

It's hard not to think they've always been shit when they've been varying degrees of shit in the last 10 years.

that's old, and the same rumor with slott leaving said Waid was temporarily gonna take over captain America, and that's been proven true.

Spoiler
It's SHITE

>Marvel has shown me no reason that legacy is anything but another relaunch where nothing will change, and it just feels like them trying to ape DC's success of rebirth without actually understanding what made rebirth work.
That's exactly it. Have you seen any of the solicits? Same characters, same creative "talent", same bullshit that's been driving people off but oh look Cap is in his old costume again and the numbers are big, isn't that what you want?!

It's the Nu-Marvel Method. They'll half-ass something and "give the fans what they want" without changing anything and when it fails they'll blame the fans for being ignorant, stupid, bigoted in some way and not knowing they want. They'll relaunch again next year, change nothing and the cycle will repeat.

But Carol is my favorite character.

Have you tasted shit, user? It might become your favorite food.

Reminder that the only Marvel books worth reading are Black Bolt and Scarlett Spider

you forgot renew your vows (though there's gonna be a new writer soon), deadpool, and guardians of the galaxy

>That's exactly it. Have you seen any of the solicits? Same characters, same creative "talent", same bullshit that's been driving people off but oh look Cap is in his old costume again and the numbers are big, isn't that what you want?!

It's pretty obvious that they just called in their editors and told them they had to do some storylines with nostalgic or "hey, remember that story?" elements.

In a way I think this is much less offensive than what they were doing for the last few years, which is relaunching the same books with new #1s and pretending that everything had changed.

It would be better if they could find good new talent to put on the books, but they obviously don't, or Mark Waid wouldn't be writing major books for them. (I actually like Waid - as a writer, not a person - but he is usually the essence of an Old Reliable writer who excites nobody.) In the absence of that, they might just as well do this crap.

I can't trust RYV to stay good with the new SJW writer. If the other two are good fair enough.

>Peter's marriage STILL isn't back yet.
Oh look. And I'm STILL not buying Marvel.

This. RYV was the last book I was following from Marvel. Gonna be dropping after the time skip.

OMG!!! SO F*KING H*PED!!!
OMG!!!

Im ok with Odin fucking pheonix. He fucked Gaia back in the day. Dudes got game.

It's the worst thing. Nothing ever changes except numbers. I hope they'll fuck up REAALLY bad this time, so we'll see actual rebirthlike relaunch next year.

I feel completely underwhelmed by it but still feel the need to point out that it probably won't be as completely terrible as Sup Forums will pretend it is and shit post about for months.

is the only person who hasn't left after writing a big event Bendis?

These days if you even have to ask if something was a success in comics, it means it was a relative success. Rebirth was a relative success. DC is sort of like managing decline or treading water, swimming without any land in sight, whereas Marvel is diving headlong into the abyss and pretending that everything is fine and they're actually flying in the sky.

Yeah but issue 800 won't be out till midway through next year. That's more than enough time for Slott to say "I'm not going anywhere" in July '17 and be reasonably right about that.

This could already have been planned a year ago in a casual manner ("Yeah I got it planned out through 800" "Okay, then I think uh Nick will come on but we'll give you another Spidey title"), but it's not like Slott has to admit anything.

Or maybe the rumor's BS. Who cares.

>any faggot that browses here, they will act like marvels always been shit.

When you think about it, Marvel's been in decline for about 25 years now. Every successive year has been a repeat of "This is the worst it's ever been", but it's always been pretty much true. The mid-'90s were "bad", but you had Untold Tales of Spider-Man, Marvels, Waid on Cap, X-titles better than they are now, Spider-Titles better than they are now. In the late '90s/early '00s you had Marvel Knights, Morrison's X-Men, and the start of Bendis's stuff back when it wasn't terrible. Everything's gotten worse and worst. Look back on Bendis's mid-00s New Avengers now and it seems great compared to Waid's Avengers. Shitty events like Secret Invasion seem decent/good now. We're reduced to saying things like "X-Men Blue isn't a complete cringefest" and "Gwenpool is fun...ish."

Fraction stuck around for awhile after Fear Itself.
Aaron became an even bigger name at Marvel after Original Sin.

Wonder how much this will fuck up and retcon the already confusing Asgard and Mjolnir origin. Was Thor already born at this point? Is Bor dead/banished?

Also, how the fuck are they going to explain having these sapient fuckers among a bunch of Homo Erectus?

Renew your Vows was the last book I was supporting. Now with the writer change, I am have no more Marvel pulls.

Slott made those tweets after the "Spencer's taking over ASM" rumors came out. That's why he said it in the first place.

I wonder where will he go, probably not DC since he thinks its Rebirth is misogyny.

Image. It's where everyone goes.

I'm pretty sure Slott was talking about legacy, where I had seen some people talking about maybe he'll be off when it starts, which he made painfully clear was not the case.

I dunno, I thought overall the first marvel now was pretty good, aside from the guardians of the galaxy

The reviews says it is 4 hammers out of 5.

Nah, senpai. It would be cool to have a secret Gummi ship battle where you fight Galactus.

>the Mammoth is already dead
Dropped

He really hates backgrounds ...

>>the Mammoth is already dead
He was an inferior Ghost Racer anyway.

When will Slott transfer his consciousness into a machine so he'd write for ASM forever?

What? I don't understand this criticize, there is clearly backgrounds.

kek

>implying he isn't already using a markov chain to make up new issues

>is leaving
He's been gone for a few issues, retard.

I agree with most of what you said, however.

>They haven't even finished their last fucking event, what the fuck are they thinking
Actually, they have.

Cause he sucks lmao

>Shitty events like Secret Invasion seem decent/good now
Secret Wars was legit their best Big Event in a decade. My major issue with it was ( aside from the delays and the tacking on an extra issue ) that they could have used it to hard reboot and they completely wasted the opportunity ( outside of some stupid things like moving Daredevil back to NYC and making him a DA. )

I didn't even bother reading Civil War II or Secret Empire. In fact both of those were "jumping off points" for books that got derailed by metaplot.

>hype

I see the Disney interns have arrived

>there is clearly backgrounds.
If by "clearly" you mean: "hazy gray fog" I suppose there are at that.

>Secret Wars
>good

>X-Men Blue isn't a complete cringefest
It's not a cringefest, and Bunn is a very talented author.

It looks like he's about to jump ship though.
He's got like three new indie projects that all launched together.

That's every publisher.
Marvel with a little help from idw have killed many peoples intrest in comics overall leading to other publishers taking hits.

>And Mania is losing her symbiote so Clara's edgy OC can have it!
This ... is exactly why I don't read much current Marble. I can't even be bothered to get mad. ::sigh::

>And worst of all Conway is leaving Renew Your Vows (my favorite book).
I dropped it already. Honestly I was just looking for an excuse with the quality drop ( they already switched writers and now the old artist is writing ) and hearing about a pointless 8 year timeskip did it for me. I liked cute little girl Spiderling and have zero interest in annoying teenage drama.

>"hazy gray fog

You mean the sky?

>don't mind me I'll just leave my meme over here
oh. You're one of *those*

Aaron, Fraction didn't leave after Fear Itself, in fact people actually liked Fraction more after Fear Itself since Hawkeye and Sex Criminals came out after.

Everybody and their mother worked on AvX, and I think only Brubaker left right after.

>right after.
He stuck around to wrap up Winter Soldier.

>liking contrived stories because lol Doom
oh You're one of *those*

This reminds me of those Marble vs BC threads

>is leaving
You mean left. Stegman has been writing the past couple issues.

>We're reduced to saying things like "X-Men Blue isn't a complete cringefest" and "Gwenpool is fun...ish."

Exactly. The best Marvel books now are merely, "not horrible."