Who is smarter Lucifer or Constantine?

Who is smarter Lucifer or Constantine?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502683183113.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In an encounter, Lucifer wins but will later discover his wallet is missing.

Me for not reading that garbage.

Constantine literally told God that with prep time he could beat him and God agreed.

OG lucifer series is amazing, you're missing out.

Have we ever seen Lucifer and Constantine in the same place at the same time?

In this case, it really matters whose comic we're talking about. Both of these guys are about being the smartest bloke in the room over straight overpowering an enemy.

One issue near the start of Lucifer's run. Constantine visits the L.A. Club and leaves because fuck dealing with that hole into the Void

it's time to stop namefagging

But they even mentioned each other? I mean both of them outsmarted pretty much everyone in DC unvierse it would make sense that they would be prepared to face each other one day.

I'm not sure. Turns out Lucifer wasn't home when John had the one-issue cameo. I think Lucifer makes reference to him in Hellblazer briefly, but I don't have those issues with me.
John's main foe, The First of the Fallen, makes reference to Lucifer though, and thinks he's a pansy

I think Lucifer has already left Hell by the time Constantine starts making a ruckus

Yep, I do have this issue of Hellblazer with me. FotF even mentions the Etrigan-Hell stuff

was that six years ago thing the Swamp Thing...thing?

I think that was it, and that was right around the end of Delano's first year on the title Hellblazer

I like how in marvel there is a tittle of satan but no demon can be satan because each demon lord would join forces to defeat him while in DC is a position that is instantly fillied when someone leaves the throne.

This right here Lucifer wins but Constantine figures out a way to escape with Lucifers Wallet in hand.

And that's was Lucifer plan all along

but constantine knew that was his plan all along

All thanks to his bullshit Synchronicity-magic

Lucifer: You’re a big guy.

Constatine: … for you.

Lucifer: Was getting caught part of your plan?

Constantine: Of course Satan refused our offer in favour of yours. We had to find out what he told you.

Lucifer: Well, congratulations, you got yourself caught. What’s the next step of your master plan?

Constantine: Crashing Hell… with no survivors!

I'd be more interested in watching them fuck than fight, desu.

Well in DC, Lucifer wasn't even the first occupant of Hell, they have The First of the Fallen.
I haven't read much Hellblazer yet, so I don't know exactly what his deal is.

Lucifer ain't got no dick

He's nigh omnipotent ha can make one.

1/2

Sphera is a cutie

This is a reference to Bane and that CIA guy, right?

no, is jojo

>Lucifer sent message to god saying if God ended Lucifer's universe he will find away kill God
>God agrees to not end universes

Faggot putting his name on like it matters.

Etrigan got the entire story wrong Lucifer was already deciding to leave hell before morpheus came to hell and for the insult Lucifer left morpheus in charge of hell.

is this a real thing?

Constantine because he's a human trickester with imagination

So they were dynamically posing in between each line?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1502683183113.webm

yes she is

kill yourself

This is the most poorly done Banepost I've seen in many moons.

desu Constantine would probably want it that way anyway.

What is the overarching storyline in the Luficer comics anyway? What "villains" does he fight against? Or is he the villain the angels are trying to stop? How are God and Jesus portrayed?

Is there a one-shot Lucifer comic that tells his origin story?

The story is wayy to good to be summed up like that. It may be a commitment but it's one you really won't regret. Give the story a chance.

If anything the overarching storyline in Lucifer is Lucifer is dissatisfied with what is.

I just saw the books (Book One, Book Two.....) on Amazon.de. are they the right ones? I think the Lucifer issues in these books go from 1-75. Is it the whole story or is there more to it?

There's 5 books total so yeah i think that's it.

>what "villains" does he fight against? Or is he the villain the angels are trying to stop? How are God and Jesus portrayed?

There's a few villains is the book, but none of them are the "big bad" that you seem to have imagined up.

Some of them are chance/probability manipulation in the form of a tarot-deck-turned-real that an a angel created. Whole bunch of angels with their respective goals, a multiversal god of destruction ala Fenris, some Trolls from greek(?) mythology who stumble into power they really shouldn't have, Japanese asshole gods.

But all of these are just bumps in the road where Lucifers story is concerned.

His whole shtick is trying to break free of the predestination imposed on creation by God. Lucifer as a character is free will. Being what he is, he finds his very own existence while inside of gods "plan" abominable.

Jesus doesn't make an appearance, unless you're one of those people who think Michael is Jesus.

The books are really fucking good for the most part. Give them a go. Yeah there should be 5 of them which cover issue 1-75. It covers his origin story well enough you don't need to read the sandman to get it.

1-75 is the run people are talking about. There were his first appearances in the Sandman stuff, but it's not strictly necessary, though recommended.
There's also a new run that started pretty recently, but the 1-75 was quite well self-contained.

As far as I know and for whats needed of the story at hand, yeah. I know he's in sandman and sandman takes place before lucifer, and there's even a flashback to it, but it not needed for the story of lucifer. Its own story but part of the world

huh, never even considered Michael could be Jesus.

Yeah I've heard it once or twice from Christians, but I don't think there's anything to substantiate it, as the good book goes out of its way a few times to hammer home that angels are not God and should not be worshiped, but Christ is.

thanks for the explanation

>unless you're one of those people who think Michael is Jesus

haven't ever heard this theory. who the fuck thinks that?

>you don't need to read the sandman to get it

just starting my physical collection (Smallville Vol. 1 & 2 and Watchmen are literally the only things I have) and I'm actually interested in Sandman. Thing is, I really don't fucking understand the reading order as there seem to be 20 books listed on Amazon. Really have to check out a list when it comes to that. Will check out Lucifer though. If I have some spare money, might even buy the books and not just read them on my laptop

The Sandman comes in 10 collected volumes:

Preludes & Nocturnes, The Doll's House, Dream Country, Season of Mists, A Game of You, Fables & Reflections, Brief Lives, World's End, The Kindly Ones, The Wake.

Lucifer is really good too, I suggest you read both asap senpai.

On issue 75 of the Lucifer comics, Lucifer leaves Yahweh's creation and, while in the void, witnesses the instantaneous (since time doesn't exist in the void) 20 billion-year-old history of another multiverse/omniverse, which (according to the narrator), he "absorbs". I don't see Constantine pulling a feat like that.

I once watched a video where a book critic was talking about how it's impossible for an author with an average intellect to display a genius character. You can do it like Moffat in Sherlock, where you show him reach conclusions fast and speak in a sophisticated way, but true genius can only be grasped by an actual genius.

Now imagine having to write a mind that existed before time and space. A mind with infinite will and capacity for infinite storage. How would you do that. You wouldn't. You could only make him look like a really smart human. But he isn't.

Yeah, I remember reading that. Either God was manipulating John, or the writer for that issue really felt like stroking John's dick...

>Either God was manipulating John

Of course he was. He's literally omniscient...and not only that, but John is part of God.

All part of the plan sounds like a cop out, yes, but that's literally unavoidable by His nature.

Like in the recent, mostly awful, Lucifer series, God was killed by lesser beings. But this in of itself was just God using those beings to force a change in Himself.

That's why Marvel "genius" characters are just deus ex machine faggots that used "science" to "create" weapons that make no sense at all off screen?