What modern cartoons should i be watching? i'm pretty behind on it all...

what modern cartoons should i be watching? i'm pretty behind on it all, the last time i remember keeping up with new stuff was around adventure time's first season

pic related looks kinda comfy

Over the Garden Wall

Don't listen to this moron, OTGW is shit. Watch Gravity Falls instead.

Don't listen to these fucktards, both of those shows are awful. What you really want to watch is Star Vs.

All wrong. Go watch Harvey Beaks, OP.

Thanks i will watch all of these

NO
DON'T WATCH STAR VS.
IT WILL GIVE YOU A HEARTBONER AND THEN IT WILL STOMP IT UNDERFOOT
You must promise me, OP, you will never, never watch Star vs.! The suffering isn't worth it!

this is an embarrassing post, user

>what modern cartoons should i be watching?
Gumball is alright, the new Ducktales has been doing good so far and I heard good things about OK KO

Remember to avoid generals like a plague, they are always waifufag invested garbage

Well, Adventure Time is great so stick with that. Nothing else is on that same level of sophistication.

is it still on the same level of quality these days?

It changed, but it was always good. Give it a pass if you don't like stories about romantic relationships or metaphysical/esoteric concepts.
Many people miss the adventure focus of the first to third season, I prefer season 4 to 7 for their more mature content. Seasons 8 and 9 are more story and adventure focused again. All of them are really good.

Clarence
Harvey Beaks
Adventure picked itself up great.

Neo yokio is the newest good one.

I would recommend Jimmy Two-Shoes, but I don't think that counts anymore. Watch Steven Universe.

Modern cartoons are trash, OP. Go watch the 00s classics, if you need a list of recs I can post one.

I watched all of the classics many times back then when i was a teenager. Now i'm interested in watching some new stuff and i'll be able to decide if i'm into them or not

I don't think anyone watched ALL the classics back in the day, user. Of the numerous times I've posted my top 10 list, I've NEVER had someone tell me they already watched all of them.

Also, sure, you can judge for yourself. Thinking for yourself is good. Problem is, modern shit tends to suck you in with superficial attributes and get you to largely forget how terrible it is.

I assume you know of the new my little pony.

We don't utter that name.

Wrong board, faggot.

Nobody fucking cares unless you post a picture.
Oh hasbros new show hanazuki is really good. Better than mlp even (although they are fairly different shows enough news outlets compared them it's hard to avoid comparing them yourself)

go ahead hit me with that list friend i've got a lot of free time so i'll definitely check some out

also what do you mean by superficial attributes? any examples?
i noticed while googling around that a lot of recent cartoons look very similar, even if they have a different sort of art style. it's sort of homogenized. is that a product of computer animation used within the constraints of a weekly 2D cartoon?

Here's the list, I'll try to get around to the rest of your post later:
1. Gravity Falls (2012)
2. Teen Titans (2003)
3. Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
5. Megas XLR (2004)
6. Samurai Jack (2001)
7. Kim Possible (2002)
8. Duck Dodgers (2003)
9. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (2010)
10. The Batman (2004)

Honorable mention: Courage the Cowardly Dog
Honorable mention from Sup Forums: Ed, Edd n Eddy (I feel like this show should be good, but I don't like it much. It's weird.)

How the fuck can you put Courage the Cowardly Dog behind The Batman and Kim Possible?

Because it's not as interesting to watch. A lack of continuity, along with dropping Courage's often hilarious quips after season 1 for some idiotic reason, are major factors.

Also, Courage is unlikable. Eustace pays for his food and lets him live in his house, and what does Courage do? He constantly either kills him or leaves him for dead. Does courage forget Eustace's deaths?

>Teen Titans (2003)
>Avatar: The Last Airbender
>Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
Bad taste detected.

No batman beyond?

Oh fuck off, if it were up to Eustace Courage would be out the door in a split second. It's Muriel who actually feeds him.

Also, housing someone never justifies abusing them.

What's wrong with those shows? I mean, SDMI can get kinda cringey at times which is why it's number 9 on my list and not number 1, but the others?

The DCAU is vastly overrated. And even if it weren't, I would probably keep it off my list out of principle, as there are far too many people promoting it already compared to other cartoons

i want the contrarians to leave

Clarence is comfy as fuck, you gonna love it my brother

>Barney and Friends
>worth watching
Kill yourself

Clarence, Gumball, and OK KO are basically all I care about atm.
Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty are secondary.

I really enjoy Adventure Time, but a lot of people here get triggered by it.

Aside from Samurai Jack, nothing made after 2008 is that great. You're not getting an Ed Edd n Eddy out of modern cartoons, still here is the best we have:
>Phineas and Ferb
>Over the Garden Wall
>Rick and Morty
>Voltron
>Clarence
>Uncle Grandpa

Forgot Bojack and Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated

Gravity Falls wipes the floor with every single one of those shows - COMBINED. Your taste is shit!

GF is not very good at all, I explicitly left it out for a reason.

I know you did, hence my angry post.

Ignore all other posts and watch Steven Universe. It's the vastly improved successor show to Adventure Time, with a far less ugly artstyle.