R-rated animated movie that was a success in the box office

>R-rated animated movie that was a success in the box office
>not influential in any way, no signs of any more R-rated animated movies in the near future

I thought people said this would change the animated movie scene if it was a success.

people probably said that about fritz the cat too

because...

It's slave like production killed all good will.

Too lewd. Not acceptable by puritan, protestant, centered-on-work American society. Violence? No problem, bring it on! But sex? Grow up and establish a family.

Yeah-

Adult humor is so childish.

Its still more profitable to make G or PG rated cartoons with broad appeal. There's no denying that, and right now studios are unlikely to take a huge risk.

it was a terrible movie, so it changes nothing.

It will take another generation until cartoons are adult mainstream

It was "adult" in all the worse ways. Instead of using animation to tackle some aspect of the human condition and what that means, they opted to say fuck 500 times and end with a literal food orgy. If it didn't have any influence on the industry, it's because it was just a bad film

I'm not sure if you have noticed this, but none of us on Sup Forums are very smart.

It looked like a student film, was too lewd, and the way the production fucked over the artists and animators

The whole gimmick of the movie was to take the basic premise of veggi tales and make the mirror image of it. Just turn the lewdness and crudeness up to 11 and insert a nihilistic message. But beyond that gimmick, there wasn't much original substance for the movie to stand on. It's just another forgettable 'adult' comedy. It'll be in the $5 section at Walmart in the future.

>"Why didnt this movie that came out late last year have some direct descendants already??????"

I don't disagree that people were projecting too much but movies aren't made in a day, user. Give it a couple years time. All the non-Marvel capeshit became prevalent two or so years after the first Avengers film.

Which board has the lowest average IQ, do you think? Hard mode: don't base your decision on how much you dislike whatever board you name

My pick is /biz/, many fools who are parted with their money quite easily over there

>terrible
>influential

nice b8 fag

I think the underpaid animators spiel might've killed whatever interest people had after the movie premiered.

Except my favorite movie of the year is a PG-13 animated movie.

And Augenblick Studios is making an R-rated movie atm.

It didn't make R-rated animated movies a thing, but companies are being less worried about R-rated films not making money.

Deadpool, Logan and IT have probably done that more so though.

Lakia's making a stop-motion movie that has adult-ish themes in it from what I've heard.

Only if they make and release one adult animated movie in theaters every week and shove it down people's throats until they get the idea that animation isn't just for kids.

Do people not realize how immature they look when they do this? "Adult" humor is very childish, wanting foul language and sexuality for the sake of it is childish, getting angry because people realize such things just tells people how childish you arr

Now the real challenge will be to make NC-17 movies acceptable to the masses.

I really hope that movie has a rating above PG and doesn't play it safe so kids go see it.

Isn't it like a year or two old? It hasn't even been long enough for a film inspired by Sausage Party to be finished with production yet; hell, a script probably isn't even finished.

It's not like kids were going to see the PG Laika movies

Kids see R-rated movies because parents are dumbasses. I saw toddlers in my screenings of Logan and Deadpool because parents presumably thought all superhero movies are good for kids.

>>R-rated animated movie that was a success in the box office

It made 140 million worldwide. That's normally not a success for any animated movie. Shit, double that was considered such a flop they rebooted the Smurfs movies. You want to know how they made that a success? Paying their animators so little it was borderline criminal. If they'd paid as much as a normal low-budget kids movie it would be a flop.

The horror stories reached across the industry and isn't going to happen again, and there's just no other way to make a movie like this for 30 million.

Hearing about how the animation staff were treated was definitely what tipped me over from "yeah, this looks bad" to "FUCK this movie" territory.

It's not filthy humor, it's lazy.
>hurrhurr penis lesbian clitoris why aren't you laughing?

Probably Sup Forums
Sup Forums has been REALLY easy to manipulate the last few years.

fpbp

I swear I've never seen these people constantly complaining about 'puritans' on any board other than Sup Forums. They must be completely out of touch with modern culture if they thinks it's even remotely puritan.