Antz vs A Bug's Life

Which was the better movie?

Antz was Starship Troopers for kids.

The one with Woody Allen

Whichever one wasn't Shark Tale.

wasnt bug's life based off of 7 samurai?

The one without Woody Allen

Bugs life WAS seven samurai...with bugs

What is this? A picture for bugs?

Antz was Starship Troopers for Starship Troopers with bugs!!!

both of them suck!, it's funny how they thought this was a great idea so one studio steal the concept.

>one was explicitly written for children
>the other was explicitly written as another Woody Allen comedy for adults with some "kiddy" elements thrown in by the studio

Apples and oranges, OP. Just cause they have similar premises doesn't mean they can stack up to one another

Nobody stole any ideas.
It just so happened, that 3D computer graphics at that particular time had advanced a lot since Toy Story. Not to the point where they could make acceptable hair or fur (that didn't happen until Monster's Inc.), but to the point where they could expand from "simple" plastic toys to more biological characters like bugs with easy-to-render surface textures.
The two insect-movies happened, because they were the coolest thing animators could make at that time in 3D on a realistic budget.

This is a meme argument. I don't know how it happened, but this argument in and of itself (not merely enjoying one movie or another, mind) has become an annoying meme. It's like gif (the correct way) vs gif (the incorrect way): I don't care which. Just shut up about it.

>I don't know how it happened
Two CG animated films about ants come out the same year.
It's like when people compare Armageddon to Deep Impact.
In fact, all four of these films came out in 1998. Must've been an odd year for audiences.

A bugs life because the better character design.

Antz has Christopher Walken in it.

I mean, I don't know how this particular comparison between a Pixar movie and it's Dreamworks ripoff, as opposed to say Shark Tale vs Finding Nemo, has become so pervasive. People who normally don't discuss movies, especially "memey" people (like RockLeeSmile) latch onto this randomly as being a hill to die on.

>Shark Tale vs Finding Nemo

The answer to that one is too obvious.

Dreamworks did not rip off A Bug's Life.
See

>Just shut up about it.
I'll continue to pronounce it the correct way no matter how the person I'm talking to pronounces it. I just wish people wouldn't stop me in the middle of my sentence to incorrectly correct me.

We only need Ran with bugs to be complete, but Pixar is full of pussies now.

pixar is dissolved under disney. sad story.

Perhaps only sad for us, the audience, but Lasseter has always loved Disney, and he seemed fairly pleased about Disney buying and incorporating Pixar into its fold in spite of all the preceeding fights.

>Tfw grew up watching Antz

Gotta go with Antz.

Without a single doubt, A Bug's Life is the clear, definitively superior ant movie in this case. It had much more developed and charismatic characters, and simply beat Antz to the punch, thank the fucking lord when it came down to making an ant movie. If you enjoy ants like I do, you will surely like A Bug's Life a lot more. I am not saying Antz is garbage, although that thought crossed my mind a lot, it is just the weaker ant movie.

Whichever one had better resolution than that thumbnail posted. Or maybe I have cataracts.

>a picture for ants of movies about ants
it's next level shitposting, I believe

Clever joke user clever clever joke

Probably the one that didn't give me nightmares about termites when I was a kid.

A Bug's Life was more entertaining, but Antz was the better film.