Is THIS one of the better interpretations of God in western animation?

Is THIS one of the better interpretations of God in western animation?

No idea who that is.

Yes, and also ond of the best Lucifers. That bit when he says that he always felt inadequate compared to God, then adds that he also really likes evil, is golden.

No that would be Rick and Morty.

no, it's the best.
I have to imagine when James Garner showed up, the big guy gave him a high five. rest in peace, good buddy.

the only one quite that fantastic that comes to mind is Peter Cook in the original Bedazzled
>hops up onto a mailbox "I'm God. This is my throne, see? All around me the angels are all chanting "holy holy holy" that sort of thing. Now you be me, Lucifer. Loveliest angel of them all"
>"What do I do?" "Well, sort of dance around, praising me."
>"You’re handsome, you’re, uh, you’re glorious."
>"Here, I’m getting a bit bored with this. Can’t we change places?"
>"That’s exactly how I felt."

Holy shot is this from God The Devil and Bob

that's the one. criminally underrated show.

I think the best interactions between God and Lucifer are when they act like old friends/family despite everything - like a silent acknowledgement that God had at least a little bit of fault and that's why he puts up with Lucifer.

Additionally, I also loved that Lucifer couldn't handle interaction with people outside of trying to seduce them/corrupt them. Seeing him break down when trying to date Megan and work with Martha Stewart was hilarious.

No this is

The one from Futurama's my favorite.

Well maybe.

one of the most poignant for sure.
OP though, made kind of a similar statement about just giving people everything they want
>I made a universe like that, but I got bored with it. I never play with it anymore, I just keep it in a shoebox under the bed.

And that incident also gave Lucifer anxiety over the thought of being discarded.

fuuuuuck i miss it

I'm the creator of Chowder!

>Good idea, o Lord!
>Course it's a good idea!

>The episode about Bob's father
Thanks for reminding me of this show user

...I deck the ladies?

heart... the cards are the hearts

Heart

i play the ladies

Preacher did it better. He'll bite yo eye.

Should have gone with the Apocalypse and kangaroo world

American Dad had the coolest God, and the best heaven.

Why is Western Animation afraid to make God just a mellow old man?

Christfag here, that's an accurate description of Lucifer. He's not the ultimate bad boy that other media likes to portray him. Lucifer is just pretending to be evil to mask his insecurities.

Are there any cartoons or cartoons where.........God is the bad guy?

Prince of Egypt

pretty much. though i have always wondered why, knowing what he knows, he doesn't just try to kiss up and avoid as much of what's coming to him as he can. Obviously there's no mechanisms for that, faith being impossible in his sceario, but I'm sure the big guy would rig SOMETHING up.. imagine the publicity

honestly the best version of God you can do is what Bill n' Ted did, just a vague light somewhere important

Okay Seth

Lucifer is too proud to admit that he messed up and ask God for forgiveness. God won't punish him because he knows that Lucifer regrets lashing out.

South Park's god is pretty good in the couple episode hes in. I like the depiction of his relationship with Satan too.

Wasn't he just upholding the covenant? That's not really being bad

it's hard to imagine pride so strong it's worth not even attempting to avoid your doom for.
>won't punish him
i mean a lake of fire doesn't sound pleasant. half the shit people misunderstand so they think it describes where humans go is where ol' scratch goes

oh yeah. plus he has a sense of humor, sending saddam to heaven because he wouldn't enjoy it

Lucifer is constantly surrounded by bad people and other gods who God hates that he doesn't see the error of his actions.

God can literally make Lucifer's life a living hell, but he chooses not to because it will only harden the Devil's heart and make him rebel.

he's being patient, sure, but eventually he's getting pwned
also that's the opposite of heart-hardening. that's when you force someone to stick with their guns WHILE attacking them supernaturally, preventing it from affecting their willpower the way it otherwise would.

I'm pretty sure that God likes controlling people. He'll get bored and do something else to pass the time.

there's nothing more boring than controlling someone. that's why multiplayer games are more fun. less predictability. and when you're omniscient and outside of time, you need all the unpredictability you can get

Is there anything in Scripture that supports this?

Genuinely curious here.

Praise my name Sup Forums OR ELSE.

C.H Greenblatt doesn't deserve any of the shit he gets

In Revelations, it will be Jesus who thoroughly kick Lucifer's ass six ways to Sunday in his Super Saiyan form.

This is something nonbelievers don't get. God isn't forcing people to be evil, all of the bad things in history are the cause of humans with Free Will.

Killing my friends so i could killing you was worthy

>criminally underrated show.
Eh I don't know about that. The sudden cancellation and going years without any kind of release or re-air gave it this weird legendary status. It does have its moments but it never really lives up to the hype it accidentally created for itself.

>Killing my friends
Atta boy.
Everyone who wasn't Naverre or Gaston were shit and I say that liking Nozomi from the previous game

Dadga was also my only true friend

That's the worst interpretation of God. Nips only have themselves to blame for contemporary Japan going to shit.

Sup Forums really doesn't talk about Fox's Lucifer, and I understand why - hell I was close to dropping it until the episode where Lucifer and Chloe get involved with a priest who accidentally get's murders and triggers this hyper-emotional baggage induced reaction from Lucifer.

This scene was honestly the best acted Sup Forums scene on TV that year

I agree that a lot of the humor doesn't quite work but the real strength of God, the Devil and Bob is just the way it frames a lot of theological arguments. It's not super hilarious but it's still very interesting.

>bronze skin and white hair
>glowing
holy shit it IS his super form.

Honestly after all the shit we went through and Dagda staying true to what he said only to be shit on by his mom and your friends going as far as to replace him on the spot I couldn't help but to side with him. Made the ending flow a lot better considering how all the other games usually end with not really accomplishing much other than temporary peace just to do it all again later.

I disagree, on its own it was at least as good to watch as any other comparable sitcom. a Duckman or a latter-season King of the Hill.

I play the ladies.

What does Japan have against Christianity?

They see it in the same way we see Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pagan shit: as a convenient load of mystical shit to mine ideas from.

Danu and Nozomi came off as hypocrites for shattering their Bond with Dagda because he didn't agree with their viewpoint. This made them look bad in the eyes of many fans.

They're afraid to admit that their religion is shit and their gods are terrible.

against? they love it. it's their favorite.
don't forget their own. their attitude towards shinto is the same: just this kooky fun thing to play with and not take very seriously.
I feel like the ancient greeks and romans had the same idea with their supposed religion, I would not be shocked at all if we were misinterpreting what was actually just their fiction fandom. I mean this stuff was being retconned -in their lifetimes- and frequently

Read Revelation 20:

" 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Also chapter 21:
"He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Have a nice day!

No. Ask that stuff is Christian mythology that people take seriously because of people like Dante and Milton.

The bible in popular culture is not the actual bible. Case in point, one of the better depictions of the end of days is NGE in my opinion.

though it's important to take all of revelation with a pillar of salt being that it's a prophetic vision. A ton of it is symbolic.
There's a bunch of coexist-bumper-sticker types who scoff at people who adhere to literalism, but their simplistic viewpoint doesn't account for the fact that there are historical narratives AND visions and parables, and the two are clearly labeled and separated.

Okay user

Keep that Seth Macfarlene hate boner strong

Why hasn't this been posted yet

man I feel sorry for seth. he didn't ask for two shows, he just had one, it got unfairly canceled back when it was still good, so he tried doing a new one... Then family guy was awful when it came back because what the hell isn't when it has new writers, and it has since gotten better but nobody is going to give it a chance anymore.. meanwhile, multiple shows.. massive overexposure, ANYONE would be sick of ANYONE in this situation. and now people aren't even giving The Orville a try just because of ol' seth.
Not saying it's a masterpiece, but its problems are not remotely sethproblems. The seth level is juuust right. it's a mild little swirl of seth

I mean, it was mentioned God, I love that perfect explanation of predetermination
>Do you know everything? Like, do you know what I'll do before I do it?
>yes
>What if I do something different?
>Then I don't know that

I constantly think of the line "What did you expect me to look like?" "Well not like that!"

I'm not quite sure I get that line.

>Seth voiced God in his own, regular voice
Really makes me think

it's left a little vague, but I took it to be "the idea of doing something-different-than-what-an-omniscient-knows-you-will-do... is what-an-omniscient-doesn't-know. It's something that isn't located within "Everything" and is therefore not... real. even if it can exist as a concept.
Naturally though if said omniscient ever TELLS you, you may or may not be able to do something about it then. God often tells people "you're getting punished for this" and if they were sorry enough he'd lessen or postpone it.

I remember him being a little more gruff, halfway towards that doctor character and lois's dad.
that's on family guy though. I forget the american dad god, I wanted to say he was voiced by someone else

>The Orville
It annoys me that when people make a parody, they make the first in command female. It gives the whole thing a weird "no homo" feeling.

I guess you don't get why it's funny, but it's just a simple gag.

God confirms he knows everything, because reasons.
Bender asks if there is things he doesn't know.
God says if there is, he doesn't know.

Basically "How do I know what I don't know", but from a creature that knows.

I think making Number One his fucking ex-wife is brilliant. Their dynamic is one of the few genuinely interesting and unique parts of the show. It's also a genuine star trek reference, since it brings to mind All Good Things, that wonderful uncomfortable shit aboard the Pasteur with Bev.
It is kind of a cop-out though that she's portrayed as being totally sorry and almost justified, and he's so overly hostile towards her that you KNOW they're going to get together.

That said, this show does seem to make a big deal out of shit nobody has cared about in ages. like the young female security officer, or literally everything in the last episode

oh shit, that's even better than what I said. Socrates would be proud.
I just took it as a simple contradictory statement
"what if something other than what you KNOW will happen, happens" "then that isn't what i know will happen"

That's actually brilliant.

So it's just like Judaism...

...wasn't? Exactly like that.

>Make a game with thousands of ways to play
>Punish people forever for not playing along a single path
Why is god such a dick? Where exactly is the "all loving" part in all this?

Honestly the only decent party member was Gaston. He was the only one with an arc, as well.

Although it was nice that Nozomi tries to kill you if you attempt to spare her, that did a bit to redeem her for me.

The all loving.
All powerful shit kinda got retconed in by western culture.
I mean originally god didn't even create the universe he just brought order to a sea of pure chaos.
The whole sacrifice himself to forgive the humans thing makes a weee bit more since if you learn to ignore the retarded "He can do anything because he's muh super special awesome OC" thing modern christianity has going.
But this is from some faggot who took a single class of religious studies in college.
Little bit of knowledge and all that.

Just a reminder, everything about the devil and Lucifer are not canon, there's nothing in the bible about it.
The bible doesn't even mention satan by name the two times he interacts with God and Jesus.
In the bible there's just "the devil", a bunch of random demons that could or could not be Satan, the desert demon that tempted Christ, the snake and the beast of the earth (the dragon) and the beast of the sea. All of these have been interpreted to being the same thing, which they most likely are not.
Lucifer itself only became associated with the devil in Paradise Lost.

nothing
they just enjoy different interpretations
also THEE GOD in SMT is Demiurge/Yaldabaoth, the fake god in Gnosticism. It's not particularly anti-Christian

if you want some more pro Christian undertones in JRPGS play Dragon Quest and Dark Souls/Bloodborne

>Pro-Christian
>Bloodborne
The healing church pumps people full of blood that turns them into vicious monsters not in an attempt to help anyone but to ascend to godhood, and they branched off from Bergynwerth which committed a genocide on an entire town because they believed they literally had eyes inside their heads and were drilling into the brains.
The church are not good people.

>I flush the ladies
>I straight the ladies
>I house the ladies

You could make a SHITPOST

Lucifer comes from the King of Tyre in Ezekiel, who was a beutiful Cherub cast down for his pride and for wanting to ascend beyond God. Satan comes from ha-Satan, "the adversary." While there are multiple little adversaries, "the" adversary is one figure. Revelation identifies The Dragon as the "ancient serpent" that deceived the whole world, and while that could refer to Leviathan it also could easily refer to the Edenic serpent also. Milton codified these ideas, he did not invent them himself. These things about Satan not being in the Bible or angels having been exclusively Lovecraftian abominations until the Renessaince are the religious equivalent of sharing cropped panels and using that as your source of all comic knowledge.

>Why is Western Animation afraid to make God just a mellow old man?
Because then that wouldn't be God

Says who? Nobody knows for sure what God is like.