So given this week's episode's retcon of Beth being a Bad Seed type psycho-kid who sought to use mind control/mind rape...

So given this week's episode's retcon of Beth being a Bad Seed type psycho-kid who sought to use mind control/mind rape to make people love her, murder anyone she was jealous of, and generally being so cray-cray that Rick had to create a pocket dimension to imprison her in to keep her from murdering innocent classmates, how does this affect the Jerry/Beth hook up that resulted in Summer's birth and their shotgun marriage?

Even ignoring the "Jerry is an evil parasite/manipulator" meme Rick keeps pushing, how did they hook up? Granted, we don't know anything about Jerry's past, plus the fact that Summer was a legit unwanted pregnancy, as opposed to Beth purposely getting knocked up to trap Jerry.

So did Jerry tamper with his condoms to impregnate Beth and trap her into marriage? Did Beth's mom and Jerry's parents wholesale force Beth to marry Jerry once she got knocked up? And why didn't Beth get the abortion over Jerry's objection? Did her mother push for her to abort? Did Beth MURDER her mom for freaking out over her getting knocked up?

>the abortion
Their car broke down, remember?

Maybe Beth really loved him in the beginning, and was possessive over him, until he broke down and become the person in S1.

>So did Jerry tamper with his condoms to impregnate Beth and trap her into marriage? Did Beth's mom and Jerry's parents wholesale force Beth to marry Jerry once she got knocked up? And why didn't Beth get the abortion over Jerry's objection? Did her mother push for her to abort? Did Beth MURDER her mom for freaking out over her getting knocked up?

The comics (I know, it's a bit dubious because of that) state that Summer only happened because Beth and Jerry thought the pull-out method was an okay form of birth control.

Beth let all the crazy out in the bedroom

Depends. She discusses at the beginning about the years of therapy she attended after Tommy was "killed" and seemingly blocked out what actually happened. Perhaps the timing of Rick's depature and her therapy allowed her to be at least well adjusted enough that by the time she hit high school she was, for the most part, a normal high school girl with some Daddy issues. I mean, regardless of what she may think, perhaps Rick leaving was what was best for her as he was willing to make any horrific toy she asked for who knows how it would have escalated.

As for her and Jerry, it's hard to say. Maybe Beth just liked how willing Jerry was to tell her how great she was, maybe she had a different date for the prom who dumped her there and he took the opportunity to be her rebound.

I do think, based on Cronenburg Beth expressing how she was really happy in a world without Rick and Morty, and Beth's complete lack of hesitation in picking Summer over Morty to save, that her and Jerry would be legitmately happy with just Summer and that their regrets now stem from the burden of both Rick and Morty

>Bad Seed
I've been dropping that reference all over the place and no one ever seems to catch it. I finally gave up and switched to The Omen and/or Problem Child, but it's just not the same at all.

I guarantee you we're going get a flashback episode that's multiply flashbacks broke up over the course of an episode, just like in this season of Bojack.

I guarantee you

The show's got a lot to cover:

1. What happened to Rick's wife/Beth's mother, in particular why Rick was seemingly GLAD he left her (see the pilot)

2. Jerry's past and how he and Beth met/got Beth pregnant

3. Why Rick left Beth as a kid

4. The real reason why Summer gets a bum rap from Rick in terms of not being allowed to be his sidekick.

>The real reason why Summer gets a bum rap from Rick in terms of not being allowed to be his sidekick.
Summer brain waves don't mask his location from his enemies

>Beth never shown to have anything but average intelligence (yes she's a vet, but she's sort of a crappy one)
>Suddenly is Rick levels smart
I guess that's the power of feminism?

it's not a retcon though, this isn't C137 beth. It's the other family.

Regarding a couple of these

1. I'm going to assume Rick dimension hopped to a world where the Council of Ricks did not kill his family and that world's version of his wife refused to love the double of her husband who stole her dead husband's life. And that Rick held it against her.

3. Rick's "wife" he stole from a dead counterpart basically told him to leave or she would leave him/take Beth with her. Which Beth overheard, hence why she hates her mom.

4. She's the child that fucked up Beth's life. Rick holds that against her and probably only fixates on Morty as part of a long game of emotional abuse/neglect

She used the whip that forces people to like her on jerry

I have such a wonderful mother, such a beautiful mother.

>Bad Seed
Does this mean Beth is going to be struck by a lightning?

Which implies that Jerry was, at one point, ballsy enough to pump a shot or two inside Beth before pulling out to cum on Beth's tummy.

It's Jerry we are talking about. He probably panicked while Beth was dominating his racist ass

Beth seems to of dissociated the whole tiny-psycho thing hard. She mentioned going to grief counseling for Tommy's apparent death, maybe at some point she convinced herself that all her psychotic childhood memories were just weird daydreams and, having suddenly ditched a whole chunk of her identity and somewhat lacking an identity of her own, latched on to the first person who came her way, or was just an easy target for a clinger like Jerry if he really is the instigator/manipulator.

Beth was probably riding him hard and he didn't tell her he needed to pull out because she'd told him to shut up at one point.

>1. What happened to Rick's wife/Beth's mother, in particular why Rick was seemingly GLAD he left her (see the pilot)
yes

>2. Jerry's past and how he and Beth met/got Beth pregnant
high school. prom night.

>3. Why Rick left Beth as a kid
yes. and came back for baby morty and then left again.

>4. The real reason why Summer gets a bum rap from Rick in terms of not being allowed to be his sidekick.
explained rick think girls will be a drag on adventures, especially summer. i.e. love potion ep

Probably because all the crying and whimpering.

>1. I'm going to assume Rick dimension hopped to a world where the Council of Ricks did not kill his family and that world's version of his wife refused to love the double of her husband who stole her dead husband's life. And that Rick held it against her.
>3. Rick's "wife" he stole from a dead counterpart basically told him to leave or she would leave him/take Beth with her. Which Beth overheard, hence why she hates her mom.
>4. She's the child that fucked up Beth's life. Rick holds that against her and probably only fixates on Morty as part of a long game of emotional abuse/neglect
Holy fuck that sounds like kino

Who cares about all that.
What I want to know is how twisted Simple Beth was?

Did she turn out normal because she had a normal Rick? Was she super twisted because of no special dimension for her to hide away in?

>What I want to know is how twisted Simple Beth was?
The other Ricks froze Simple Rick in that moment and took him away. Beth probably killed herself.