Was he fucking retarded?

Was he fucking retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cr93XCO151c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

teenagers often are

He was honorable. ;__;

He really screwed the pooch that's for sure.

Yes.

I don't get. it mentionned in the show that he won every battle. Just that the old guy betrayed him in his wedding.

nope. not dumb. i'd break every single oath in the history of westeros for this.

would you? dont lie

he didn't win every battle
if he did he wouldn't have been killed by the old guy at the wedding

Books, no. He was an honorable kid that was put into a position by Machiavellian schemes from within and without.
In the show, yes. Roob Stark was retarded as fuck who gave up everything for the first exotic piece of ass he came across. King Who Lost The North indeed.

I'd do my duty and marry the qt Frey girl and bang the spunky peasant girl with a fat ass on the side. He had the chance to have his cake and eat it too but MUH HONOR fucked it all up.

That's not Frogfu.

Firm tits and a tight fit, id break oaths for that

Too honorable, which is a thematic flaw of the Starks. In his case, he fugged Jeyne, which is within his rights to do, but he married her to make an honest woman out of her. That betrayed the oath he made to Walder Frey, initiating the betrayal. Also, killing Lord Karstark for the murder of Lannister captives was probably a little too honorable. Probably should have just sent him home or confined him now that I think about it.

might as well fuck jojen you queer

it doesn't get more kino than her

>tfw winter was coming
>tfw "Was it rape?"
>tfw Storytime with Old Nan
>tfw verts and reaction images everywhere
>tfw STANNIS DID NOT BREAK HIS VOWS
>tfw "Hi Sup Forums, this is Edward Starch"
>tfw you didn't know Dagmer's real identity
>tfw no chain
>tfw it fit
>tfw merlings were everywhere
>tfw CLEGANEBOWL was just one guy and he'd wish you merry CLEGANEBOWLs
>tfw frogfu was just one guy doing a countdown and he never got firsts
>tfw Rickon and Dickon become gay emperors of Essos
>tfw you were haeving problems
>tfw Mummy Dorne
>tfw "Friendly Reminder with Ros"
>tfw /TDQR/
>tfw "ALL HAIL KING JOFFREY THE WHORESLAYER!"
>tfw Talisa was a spy
>tfw Roose finally got loose
>tfw "Promise me, Ned"
>tfw "Was it rape?" Lannister Edition
>tfw Double Daggers
>tfw HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>tfw SAVE ME GREYWORM!
>tfw bad pussy
>tfw Stannis isn't dead guys!
>tfw /got/ was put to the sword

user, I dreams I was old.

Get a load of this faggot
And here we have a man of patrician taste.

Think we'll ever see House Reed aka best house

she looks like paul dano

You say that like it's a bad thing.

He did win every battle he directly commanded, Kastark retards and Roose lost some

yet he lost the battle of marriage

He was young, dumb and full of cum.

Roose lost the Battle of Green Fork on purpose. Same with the retreat to The Twins. He was keeping his men safe while letting loyal Stark bannermen dwindle. No matter what, Robb was gonna get fucked by him eventually, whether he won the war or not.

Bigger question. Would he really have been able to win against the Lannisters assuming he never broke his oath to the Freys?

My belief is now.

I thought he lost the forks one because MUH TYRION saving the left flank or whatever

Only if Edmure wasn't also a retard so Stannis gets Kingslanding.

Stannis can defeat the iron retards easy if he has the navy

In show? Yes.

In the books? Yes, but to a lesser extent. In the books, he was just trying to be an honorable guy like his dad, but just like his dad, he got played hard by political schemers, an died for it. In the show, he is a literal retard who brought his wife over to his former fiance's house who he cheated on knowing full well her father was an angry asshole. That among other stupid things like trying to attack Casterly Rock. Damn, season 2 was total garbage, and anyone who says otherwise is as retarded as Robb.

Back to rebbit

Young, arrogant, hormonal, and overconfident. Yeah, kinda.

No he was 16 for fuck sakes

Show ended for me when he died though I just couldn't give a fuck about anyone else

His actions look retarded because Book Robb was a teenage boy while show Robb is a guy in his mid-twenties.

S2 was peak Alfie though
youtube.com/watch?v=Cr93XCO151c

He intentionally held Bolton men from the battle. He was also fighting severely outnumbered. Roose knew the day would never be won, and played the long game. Worked for him in the end.

Oh yeah, Alfie was great, but he always was.

The season may be awful, but it had some top actors still like Tywin, Davos, Stannis, Theon, etc. Just a shame the writing turned to literal dogshit.

Thank you. I will never understand the opinion that season 2 was good. It was the point where the show started to delve into D&D's fan fiction.

In the perfect scenario Edmure doesn't fuck it up and Stannis gets Kingslanding with Sansa and Tyrion as hostages. Kills/imprisons most of the corrupt court, important to kill Varys. He loses most of the ships but not the soldiers (they were alredy sieging the city)

Rob gets Casterly Rock, so Tywin is trapped. Tyrrells pull out asap maybe even help against in the punishing war against the Greyjoys.

New wardens of the west, maybe new wardens of the south. Give Tywin head to Martells, marry Quentyn and Shireen.

Ride north, defeat mance raider.

Only loose ends are Daenerys and Littlefinger. I'd say littlefinger is more dangerous and probably retreat to the Vale to keep scheming.

To add to that, he intentionally sent in noblemen and heirs from prominent houses like Glover into battle in order to get them killed off and screw up their lines of succession, making it easier for his family to assume power in the North after Robb lost.

He knew he was fighting a losing battle, and definitely started adapting. The Roose was always loose.

It made for a cool set piece but is there ANY logical reason a bunch of red shirts would decide to fucking BEHEAD a wolf, then BEHEAD a man, then sew the fucking wolf head to the man's body? Like, they don't even do this over in Essos or Mexico or anything. Dothraki are more cultured than this and the drug dealers in Mexico just cut the heads off and stop recording the video.

This is where my suspension of disbelief starts to strain. There's no logical fucking reason a cultured group of people would mutilate a body like this

i dont remember exactly what happened in the books. why was robb still having problems in the westerlands when tywin took his army to the fucking blackwater?

>A Peaceful land, a quiet people
He's the Warden of the North we deserve.

>That among other stupid things like trying to attack Casterly Rock
ironically even my normie group of friends were asking why the fuck Robb would ever do this when they watched it the first time. obviously from a showrunner's standpoint they wanted to buy time all season so the massacre could happen in episode 9 but yeah from a storytelling standpoint its fucking retarded. just like the wight capture plan in S7

I'd say the biggest reason was probably GRRM wanting to be edgy or provide extra insult-to-injury. Making you feel worse, and hate the Freys/Boltons even more.

Also, considering that sequence of events was inspired by the Black Dinner, he probably felt obligated to use an animal head in someway during the events. Instead of a Black Bull's, he used a Direwolf's.

It was a statement, plain and simple.

>based on Medieval Europe
>cultured
Medieval Europe was brutal as fuck.

>Worked for him in the end.
AHHHH! SAVE ME FAT WALDA!

Do you think he'll go out like this in the books if fatty ever finishes them?

There was a rumor going around that Robb could literally turn into a wolf in battle, so they're mocking him in that way, plus medieval people were cruel as fuck. Burning cats alive for the hell of it was a common pastime for plebs.

Wouldn't it be cool if Ramsay kills Roose while sieged and let's Stannis enter just to be executed?

>le honour meme
kek it was Robbs lack of honour that got him killed

I don't think it will go down like that, though I do think that Roose is underestimating Ramsay, and there will be some kind of Bolton civil war going on as Stannis attacks Winterfell.

If you think Roose is going out like that in the books, you've not been paying attention.

>they've all sworn to follow me south and die for no fucking reason haven't they? now we see what their words are worth

*blocks your path*

No, he was like 14 or something. His mom was totes retarded, though.

Tully women are the worst. Lysa, Cat, and Sansa caused more carnage to Westeros than Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya.

Did the last three seasons of the show spoil the entire thing for anyone else? After this carnival of liquid shit I don't even care about reading the winds of winter. Not like a dance with dragons was a riveting read, but the show made me hate this setting and cheapened the entire thing for me. I wouldn't admit to having read those books to someone else.

>Sansa
Que. No but Cersei definitely did.

>red hair
>takes after her stupid trout mother
She's a Tully through and through. Only real Stark kids are Arya and Rickon.

The show in general has but a sour taste in my mouth regarding the series, but I think I'd probably still eat up a new book. That being said, I've already given up hope of anything more being released, so I don't really feel anything anymore.

The entire Stark family is retarded.

This so fucking much.

The fuck, youre the king, you can have literally any woman you want, noone expecting you to be a saint, just dont fucking marry her like a retard, marriage is to make alliances and shit. Keep her as a mistress/cum dumpster, everyone would be fine with that

Why don't they use the time before S8 to let some second unit directors re-film some of these Season 1 and 2 battles? They have the budget now and they could easily market it as an extended version that would sell really well

the other user mentioned the Black Dinner with the bull's head. these things really happened bud

>*blocks your crossing*

Roose lost Green Forks because it was a small distraction force and he was outnumbered.

Duskendale is when he lost on purpose, after he had sealed the deal with the Lannister

The books aren't the show bud. Guarantee GRRM has paid attention to how the book purists reacted to the last few seasons, and knows what doesn't work for them.

Looks like your average dumb old roastie

It was like a whole cavalcade of retardation (in the show). Frey and Cat should have demanded that he marry the daughter immediately, Robb shouldn't have broken an oath just for some poon, and Robb and co should have been far more cautious about returning post-oath-breaking. At least in the books it turns Robb into a parallel of Ned (doing the 'right" thing until it kills you), but the show just makes Robb look like an idiot.

Spoil what? We might get another book, but we certainly won't get the series finished. The quality of the books has steadily declined since the second, too.

Exactly. And that, again, is why Show Robb is retarded. Not to mention he marries under the Seven and all, forgoing his family's long revered gods.

>Frey and Cat should have demanded that he marry the daughter immediately

Robb literally had to go into the Twins and across the bridge after the agreement had been made. This happens off camera but whatever, it happened. Why didn't he take 5 minutes to scout out Frey's daughters? like jesus GRMM, half the plot happens because a character conveniently does something stupid

Such insults mean a lot more in a feudal society, both for a lord's enemies and for their underlings.

The series.

THERE IT IS

HE SAID IT AGAIN!

HE SAID REDDIT!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Reminder that we're never getting Winds. We're never even getting She Wolves of Winterfell. Instead we're getting more Wildcards and Fire and Blood which pretty much just rehashes the Targaryen part of World of Ice and Fire. Fuck GRRM.

Because that would be missing the point.

the season 4--5 era /got/ was the pinnacle

>Not Taking the Frey Gingers as a package deal

PATHETIC

This is now an Ellie thread.

/got/ was at its best pre-season 3 to the end of season 4. That time when /got/ became a thing in the months before S3 was a magical time. Season 4 the threads took a sharp decline, and by about a month or two after it was just those of us trying to cope with how terrible the show was getting. Still, it was the best time I ever had shitposting on this site.

Jesus christ. Does fat man actually write any original content or does he just go to Wikipedia and press the "random article" button then shoehorn whatever the result is into the plot

I want to go back.

I disagree, and the show was terrible the whole time, don't allow yourself to be tricked.

4 and 5 created the best memes.

Post all Ellies

Well, ASoIaF was originally going to be some sort of Historical Fiction story, so he probably did a bunch of research on actual events was going to embellish before deciding to make it a different fantasy series.

The best memes were all season 1-3. Best verts. "Was it rape?" posting. The Great Merling Conspiracy. CLEGANEBOWL. Eurio. Roose Change. Frogfu. The waifuguard pasta. Darkstar posting. Quentyn is alive. Rickon and Dickon gay emperors. Smirkfu and Oinkfu. The mspaint threads. Only someone that wasn't here for those times could say season 4 and 5 had the best memes.

You dont know much about the books do you?

Well, I can't talk to you if you're going to get defensive like a faggot. All the Dorne-related shit was pre- and during season 4 anyway, if you want to get snippy about "not being here" for things.

We talked about Dorne well before season 3 even happened. You know, because we read the books? Keep on pretending you were here for it all, though. And really, who's the defensive faggot, what with you going right to insults and trying to prove (unsuccessfully) that "I was here forever! I'm such an oldfag, right bros?" Fuck off.

You don't need to "allow yourself" to do anything, just watch the first two seasons. Everything was more nuanced thanks to the lack of resources and the writing was up to par with the books. At that point GURRM was still writing a couple of episodes per season and the actors were mostly unknown and had to actually try.

You have to admit that season 2 took a lot of liberties with the source material. A lot was changed, and not for the better. Season 3 managed to salvage it a bit, but after that it was all downhill.

>writing was up to par with the books
Is this supposed to be a good thing?

>drug dealers in Mexico just cut the heads off and stop recording the video

I'm not gonna post gore and get banned but they use irony or symbolism in their executions to make statements all the time. Most recent example I can think of is when some big shot farmer wasnt paying off the local cartel and they killed his kids and put their limbs in his fruit basket and took a picture of it next to some sign that said something about what he "brought to market".

what frey gingers?

The best you can expect from marriage is some kind of Pyrrhic victory.

>Roob Stark was retarded as fuck who gave up everything for the first exotic piece of ass he came across
He did pretty much the same in the books, but with a girl from a shit-tier house that served the Lannisters.
He literally made her his wife the day after they fucked for the first time.

There was that one Tartar nigga that filled a slain Basileus' skull with silver and used it as a drinking cup until he died.