Literally what was Aragorn's tax policy?

Literally what was Aragorn's tax policy?

Attached: aragorn.jpg (600x300, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Castar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Gondor and Arnor Tax Code § 127: LET THE LARD OF THE BLACK LAND COME FARTH!

He made the mistake of transferring his shares in the Morgoth Foundations, but was unaware Sauron LLC bought the IP during its liquidation

>taxing your own fiefdom

No taxes.

after a multiple wars and orc/uruk incursions devastated Gondor's infrastructure, economy, army and food supplies, I imagine it would be a tax nightmare just to make up for all those losses. Heavy taxes to repair Minas Tirith and Osgiliath, compensate farmers and encourage agricultural growth, resettle refugees and rebuild the armed forces. But problem would be taxing an impoverished/devastated population. I think a sensible policy would be to tax the remaining forces of Sauron, I'm sure there would have been plenty of orcs and uruks still scattered throughout Middle Earth

>I think a sensible policy would be to tax the remaining forces of Sauron, I'm sure there would have been plenty of orcs and uruks still scattered throughout Middle Earth
Look no further for proof that institutionalized orcophobic attitudes are still alive and well in the Fourth Age.

Nothing. Gondor has no currency. Everyone just makes oaths and participates in the oath economy.

>Gondor has no currency

Wrong.
tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Castar

was aragorn racist towards orcs?

Top kek

Attached: Sometimes+it+s+nice+to+see+comics+like+this+it+may+_d0cbe6780e7219c0b64e4e95bd37da8c.jpg (475x360, 35K)

oh boy here we go

Attached: 1496585257364.png (671x637, 448K)

So what's the beacon budget against the GDP? Are they are going to seek unilateral beacon removal now?

Would you guys watch Bright except it's set in modern day middle earth?

no fuck off amazon

no. i would like a movie about homosexual orcs. the orcs have been oppressed for too long and this is very important.

A flat 10% tax. The only fair tax among men!

are we to believe that they DIDN'T have relations? who else would they have them with?

Take it to the National Association for the Advancement of Orc People, you liberal retard!

>he was truly a man of the people
This scene makes that clear
Gimmli: most have seen too many audits, or to few
Legolos: They look afraid, and they should be, a few hundred deductions, against 10000, They will not get a return If they File
Aarogon: Then I shall File as one of them!

Attached: basedpepe.jpg (471x497, 31K)

>relations
what if they were asexual? did you ever think of that you fucking orc bigot?

Sauron only sent his army to Gondor in retaliation after raids by men that left many Orc families without fathers, husbands, brothers, and sons. History is written by the winners.

>asexuals can't have meaningful relationships

Obviously he would first shore things up on the home front by setting up Gondor-subsidized weed farms to eliminate the Hobbit monopoly, placing a tax on all the brothels (where all the women in the story were because they needed to support themselves when all the men went to war), and forcing all buyers of swords over 1m long to get a special tax stamp.

Internationally, he would secretly sell arms to the eastern men and goad them into attacking the lonely mountain, then sell the peoples of the lonely mountain weapons and profit from their war. Working closely with the dwarves, he would trade political influence and Gondor's aid for access to their many banks and systems of usury, implanting dwarves in key parts of the Gondor government, centers of education, and entertainment industry. Through this alliance, Dwarves would use Gondor's aid to maintain Gondor's political and economic objectives outside of Gondor's borders, mostly the Eastern Lands, where Mithril flows like oil. The dwarves would be painted as outcasts, hounded for ages by the numenoreans and elves for their different economic beliefs and different religion.

He didn't have one. That's why he was so beloved.

How centralized was Gondor's administration?

But seriously, what did the Humans do about the remaining Orcs that fled after Sauron's defeat? They couldn't let them hang around waiting to rise up against Man again

there are no roads in LOTR, there's no need for taxes

>"The treatment of colour nearly always horrifies anyone going out from Britain, & not only in South Africa. Unfort[unately], not many retain that generous sentiment for long." ― Letter 61 — Written to Christopher Tolkien who was stationed in South Africa during World War II

>"I have the hatred of apartheid in my bones; and most of all I detest the segregation or separation of Language and Literature. I do not care which of them you think White." ― From a Valedictory Address to the University of Oxford in 1959

>"I must say that the enclosed letter from Rutten & Loening is a bit stiff. Do I suffer this impertinence because of the possession of a German name, or do their lunatic laws require a certificate of arisch origin from all persons of all countries? ... Personally I should be inclined to refuse to give any Bestätigung (although it happens that I can), and let a German translation go hang. In any case I should object strongly to any such declaration appearing in print. I do not regard the (probable) absence of all Jewish blood as necessarily honourable; and I have many Jewish friends, and should regret giving any colour to the notion that I subscribed to the wholly pernicious and unscientific race-doctrine." ― Letter 29 — In response to Tolkien's German publishers asking whether he was of Aryan origin

>"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men, and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil at heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace." ― The Two Towers, "Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit"

Attached: Tolkien.jpg (2000x1000, 333K)

>Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. ― Letter 30 — An unsent letter to Tolkien's German publishers in which he notes that "Aryan" is a linguistic term.

Orcs were only organized by saruon/saruman, they probably only became a minor problem after

>Literally

>Literally what was Aragorn's tax policy?

Tax on consumption only. Land tax every 50 years. No tax on income. Massive tariffs on all orc goods.