Fellas, what are some good movies

Fellas, what are some good movies.
That's it, that's the thread, I just want to know what some good movies are, all I want is to be entertained.

Attached: Play in Hell.jpg (1292x1500, 377K)

What are some movies you like already?

Exactly what you'd expect from your average Sup Forums shitposter minus the capeshit

That tells me literally nothing

Attached: killing_gunther-799338966-large.jpg (810x1200, 279K)

Well my favourite directors are Jodorowsky, Kurosawa and Leone.
And only because I like Jodorowsky that doesn't mean I like every kind of surrealism. David Lynch or Terry Gilliam? Nope, not for me.

Also I hate CGI.
I like "drama" movies and don't like horror and scifi movies. I am also a little bit of a snob, so I like to prefer movies from Europe or Asia because Hollywood-Movies are just too mainstream for me.

The last movies I really liked and enjoyed were "Sexy Beast" by Jonathan Glazer, "Close-Up" by Abbas Kiarostami and "Mediterraneo" by Gabriele Salvatores.

You should also know that I am a neet for almost 10 years now, which means that I already watched a lot of movies (almost 4000), so I think you have to go really deep to get me some kinos I do not already know.

I know, the point of this thread was to see what /tv could come up with without much context.
But if I must, I like a lot off stuff with over the top/ exagerated violence, like early Peter Jackson movies, Crank, Turbo kid, Kung Fu Hustle and obviously Why Don't You Play in Hell.
But I can also be keen for less campy stuff like all the Oscar movies that came out recently, but at the moment I'm not really in the mood for taking anything seriously.
Sometimes I watch the occasional slow movie, like the other day I watched The Servant and enjoyed it, although that's not the sort of movie that you could sit down and get drunk to watch with buddies, which is kind of what this thread was for.

Alright is that what you needed?

If you're fine with cartoons, this is a phenomenal adventure movie. If you hate steampunk, you will love it even more.

Attached: avril_et_le_monde_truque.jpg (555x755, 109K)

Attached: Six-String Samurai Spray.jpg (441x375, 68K)

A riff on Apocalypse Now that slowly morphs into an endearing wartime fairy tale.

Attached: balqis-movie-review-1-men-who-stare-at-goats.jpg (800x602, 92K)

The Raid and The Raid 2

Yeah, can't go wrong with those classic Western/ Samurai movies, those have always been favorites, as for your reccomendations, they seem pretty good and I'll probably give them a watch at some point.

>You have to go really deep to get me some kinos I do not already know.

I'm gonna go right ahead and suggest Stork (1971) just because it's probably the least known movie I like, it's an Aussie indie comedy starring Bruce Spence (The gyrocaptain) and it's got a lotta heart

You folks will probably like this then.

Attached: The Good-The Bad-The Weird.jpg (426x597, 86K)

Bumfights

Watched it, hated it.
Disgusting when the great kino country japan tries to copy the garbage that comes from Hollywood.

It's a Korean movie.

>Japan
>The great kino country
>Japan
wait a second...

Here's a brief but varied list of some certified kino off the top of my head, there's bound to be a few you haven't seen.

A Scanner Darkly
Let The Right One In
Nocturnal Animals
Threads
Jarhead
Don't Look Now
Sideways
Enter the Void
Kill List
Dogtooth
The Devil's Rejects
Beasts Of No Nation
Bone Tomahawk
Brawl in Cell Block 99
Prisoners
Hacksaw Ridge
Taxidermia
Boys Don't Cry
12 Angry Men
The Third Man
The Life of Brian
Team America: World Police
Dead Man's Shoes
Ripley's Game
Hellraiser 1+2 as a double feature
A Bigger Splash
The Life Aquatic
Collateral
The Loved Ones
Lost Highway
Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
Night of the Hunter
Little Miss Sunshine

>A Scanner Darkly
6/10
>Let The Right One In
8/10
>Nocturnal Animals
8/10
>Threads
7/10
>Jarhead
8/10
>Don't Look Now
7/10
>Sideways
7/10
>Enter the Void
7/10
>Kill List
5/10
>Dogtooth
6/10
>The Devils Rejects
5/10
>Beasts of No Nation
8/10
>BoneTomahawk
7/10
>Brawl In Cell Block 99
7/10
>Prisoners
8/10
>Hacksaw Ridge
7/10
>Taxidermia
6/10
>Boys Dont Cry
6/10
>12 Angry Men
8/10
>The Third Men
7/10
>The Life of Brian
7/10
>Team America
6/10
>Dead Mans Shoes
5/10
>Ripleys Game
6/10
>Hellraiser
3/10
>A Bigger Splash
6/10
>The Life Aquatic
6/10
>Collateral
7/10
>The Loves Ones
6/10
>Lost Highway
4/10
>Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?
7/10
>Night of the Hunter
6/10
>Little Miss Sunshine
8/10

You're a Hollywood pleb.

A pleb is someone who uses numerical ratings.

>Night of the Hunter
>6/10
>Little Miss Sunshine
>8/10

I think you may be the pleb, champ.

Filipino films by lav diaz and ismael bernal

Attached: images.jpg (719x1080, 68K)