These are Zack Snyder's two more positively received movies critically. What went right?

These are Zack Snyder's two more positively received movies critically. What went right?

Attached: DOTD & 300.jpg (721x746, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w
youtube.com/watch?v=B6znoxP_AE4
youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lLFVwpNsflU
film.avclub.com/zack-snyder-s-300-presaged-the-howling-fascism-of-the-a-1798265082
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dawn of the Dead was straight up trash. It's almost as bad as the Halloween remake.

the news report was nice
youtube.com/watch?v=ly7Laj8Yp6w

zack snyder is a simple minded person and those movies allowed him to play to his strengths.

>6.7
>6.1

>positive reception

Made before becoming a soycuck became mainstream

By that logic, shouldn't they have lower scores?

Not really most of those reviews are probably years old.

Watchmen has a really great intro too.

Attached: 1520902706397.png (478x523, 14K)

>2007
>before becoming a soycuck became mainstream
What year of the last decade were you born?

Both of these are garbage

Post some Snyder

youtube.com/watch?v=B6znoxP_AE4

Because with the capeshit critics don't like what Snyder does to the material by pushing his own ideologies and also he can't into coherency.
I mean the left wing liberal film critics are going to get triggered when you put right libertarian & objectivism views into your movies.

Pretty cool portrait of a typical Zack Snyder fan, but I think you drew the brain too big. Use a smaller pen tool.

youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

Nice comeback Marvelcuck

300 was gay as hell

>Superhero films

Yes. Much, much too big.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLFVwpNsflU

>6.7
>6.1

>like

... All the positive reviews acknowledge how mindless the movies are. The problems arose when snyder started trying to be cerebral despite the fact he's legally retarded.

It's like a virgin trying to make a movie about a healthy sexual relationship between consenting adults.

James "Dance off bro" Gunn, oh the irony

>4 posts in
>already has to retort to soyposting

There literally isn't any other way of defending Hack Snyder is there?

Attached: amused_debts.png (453x572, 188K)

>Certified Fresh!

Attached: Avengers.Age.of.Ultron.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS_4.webm (1000x420, 2.66M)

>the bats lift Bruce Wayne into the light
how do you manage to miss the point of the fucking Dark Knight

Attached: you.jpg (1200x630, 63K)

Why do progressives think gay thoughts when seeing Greek statues?

Because homosexuality was common in Ancient Greece, especially with the Spartans.

>especially with the Spartans.
read Xenophon

>"Why didn't they just get an actual robot to use in the move lol?"

The intro and end credits are the only good parts.
Maybe the bromance with the gun shop guy too.

Why didn't they make their CGI robot not look like shit?

are you triggered that i called your kind?

Dawn of the Dead remake was legitimately good, and Snyder's only truly good movie.
300 was pretty much trash, but people were excited by the (at the time) interesting use of slow-mo and action.

Snyder made Batman a bigger Ubermench than Superman in BvS.

Attached: 51qDDD1WFML._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 37K)

Not at all, seething Snydercucks are absolutely amusing

Terminator did fine

>Snyder made Batman a bigger Ubermench than Superman in BvS

It's almost like you never read Nietzsche outside of Wikipedia

Sure if you're a dumbass that likes James Cameron movies. A puppet would never be convincing against a team of superheros.

What point did they miss when calling the light a beautiful lie?

Because at what point does Bruce align any of his actions thematically with "light?" If it's a "beautiful lie," why would Bruce be lifted into it? In becoming Batman, Bruce knew he was taking his life down a rather dark path which he clearly can't come back from.

Is Zack the Kubrick of our time?
Misunderstood but will be known as a genius in 20 years

KINO
I
N
O

Attached: 300.2006.BluRay.1080p.x264.YIFY_3.webm (900x376, 2.97M)

Studio Interference and Critics could never wrap their heads around the idea of edgy Superman and/or Batman. The MoS idea of Superman not saving his dad when he could or killing Zod pissed a lot of people off and the BvS idea of Batman killing to finally get to Superman was too much for people to handle.

Snyders other works are given more freedom to just be.

Bravo Snyder

Attached: doyoubleed.jpg (1280x528, 116K)

He was doing perfectly fine at being Batman until his "turning point", be it the implied death of Robin or whatever it was in his past that made him reject the hard coded ideology that lifted him above the criminals in favor of becoming almost just like them. He was crippled by his inability to reconcile the good of what he was doing with the negative consequences his actions put on the people he cared about. Notice that all the news and papers call him the "Gotham Bat" now rather than the Batman. They refuse to believe that this murderous nightmare is the same man as the one who once protected them from the shadows, and that is reflected back into his behavior.

film.avclub.com/zack-snyder-s-300-presaged-the-howling-fascism-of-the-a-1798265082

Attached: 1469754779475.jpg (1080x1080, 189K)

People were upset with the scene of Superman not saving his dad because the set-up was contrived and nonsensical.

good, simple source material that not even Hack Snyder could fuck up.
notice how the only movie of his that's original was his biggest flop? Sucker Punch I think it was called

Attached: 300.jpg (515x400, 30K)

Hes' the Diet Coke version of Michael Bay and nothingmore.

the iPhone short film he made recently was well-received

300's trailer was so good it turned the movie into a meme.

That was the most homoseuxal thing i have ever seen

>Is Zack the Kubrick of our time?

Yeah, absolutely dead

He hadn't learned chroma keying, yellow and blue filtering, gaussian blur and slow-to-fastmo on Dawn of the Dead.

Ah yes, my kinoplex was applauding

He at least applied the slowmo-fastmo conservatively in Dawn of the Dead. I think it was only used during that propane tank scene.

He wasn't yet directing for Disney's direct competition.

They were made before Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch triggered tons of people, especially Hollywood, for exposing the mind control stuff. It was like Eyes Wide Shut, but not enough to get him killed.

Superman killed Zod in the other movie though and he did it more maniacally.

This.

>edgy Superman
no, a classic one

Attached: 2140770_orig.jpg (1100x573, 333K)

Snyder can't do levity or humor in general, and I need levity in my capeshit to distract me from the fact that I'm sitting through another 2 hour cape flick where nothing interesting or surprising happens.

Kino.

t. soyboy

t. Redditor trying to fit in

"In the dream, they took me to the light, a beautiful lie"

Yea, you weren't ready for this movie

I really don't get what's so terrible about this scene. The new Marvel movies are %90 CG. I don't see why people are posting this complaining.

It was a mix of golden, silver, bronze, and modern. Every era had an aspect in it. Same with Luthor. I noticed some of the Kirby stuff too, with Superman's self doubt. It was pretty nice.

>edgy Superman and/or Batman

the problem is that the movies were fucking boring

t. low attention span brainlet
watch family finger videos on youtube
that's more your style