Harry Potter Plot Holes

Is there a movie franchise that is more riddled with problems than Harry Potter? The story literally digs itself into holes that are beyond the suspension of disbelief. Let us discuss these gaping plot holes.

Attached: Harry Potter Plot Holes.jpg (652x480, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/time-turner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"No!"

The worst of all must be the Time Turner, it solves every preventable problem in the entire series.
J.K. Rowling really fucked up bug time by implementing it into the series.

Attached: Time Turner Problem.jpg (215x234, 13K)

you know what im waiting for

No, I do not. Enlighten us.

Also wtf why doesn't anyone in the Harry Potter Universe ever smell an obvious trap?

Attached: Common Sense isn't so common in Harry Potter.png (610x910, 826K)

Hermoine literally did tho. So did snape. Harry loved him too much to even let there be a chance of it being a trap

They were supportive of their gay brother. Is that so hard to believe? It's none of their business.

>bug time
Is that the alternate universe the Time Turner creates when they travel?

There's a secret room in a co-ed boarding school and no one uses it to fuck. Ruined my immersion.

He can be gay, but every night? Every night they see "Ron Weasley" and "Peter Pettigrew" over top one another. It begs the question who is inside who tonight?

At least tell Ron his deviant acts have consequences to his asshole.

This is like picking on the disabled kid user.

Harry Potter was an annoying cunt who always went against everyone’s advice

>At least tell Ron his deviant acts have consequences to his asshole.
Fucking this. I'd be a homo were it not for the focus on ass-fucking.

But they are sleeping in bunk beds.

>I'd be a homo were it not for the focus on ass-fucking.
Go suck a dick then.

Not in a single one of the films are they bunk beds.

I do, with gusto. But they always want to fuck my cute ass and I'm not into that. Nor do I want shit on my dick.

Time travel ruins everything it's introduced in, unless the movie/book/game is specifically about it.

late on the pasta

Then there will be 3 names layered on top of each other. Even worse.

Just took a quick glance at the movie, you are right. It looked like bunk beds though. I stand corrected.

Until Cursed Child, timetravel in HP universe was deterministic, the traveler only acted out what (as a result of their manipulation) had always happened.

They used the map to avoid teachers, I don't know that theyd bother using it to see who is in an area they have access to and who are, in fact, prefects by that point.
Only reason harry even noticed peter was because he showed up in the same deserted hallway as harry.

Childhood is wanting to enroll at Hogwarts.
Adulthood is when you can no longer enjoy the story because all the plotholes are so obvious.

Growing up sucks.

>Marauders map shows Tom Riddle on top of a teacher at all times
>They do nothing

The room of requirement can make itself invisible to onlookers when it's occupied. Who says no-one ever passed the corridor it's in, thinking "I really need to release a patronus from my wand"/"boy I sure wish someone would alohomora my keyhole"?

It's anyone else just refreshing for the copypasta

Me. Someone needs to post asap.

The plot holes actually serve a purpise. They provide a peek into the abused, prolapsed Ginger asshole of how Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 492cd9c43c849e4a09561a4a37851672fa05c185bc94366154e029fd19455781.jpg (1623x2886, 1.27M)

Based no poster

But lots of people warned him. Pretty much everyone, in fact. It's the reason he was studying occlumency with Snape.
Harry just thought he was smarter than everyone and ignored them.
That's why Sirius' death was supposed to be poignant. It was indirectly Harry's fault. If he had just listened to people, things wouldn't have fucked up so badly. It was supposed to be a rite of passage, Harry's development from child to adult when he's forced to adopt some humility and come to realise he's not the smartest person in the room and if he had just listened to smarter people his Godfather would still be alive.
A bigger problem is that Harry clinged to Sirius because he was "the only family he has left" despite Sirius not being family, and their only relation being he was one of James' best friends. You know who else was one of James' best friends and Harry didn't actually seem to care a single half of a shit about them dying? Lupin, someone who ended up doing way more for Harry than Sirius ever did.

So is that a bot or someone literally browses Sup Forums all day waiting for a chance to post it?

It's multiple people who want to try at editing and posting the pasta.

>he actually posted it
the absolute madman

Actually that's exactly what someone did.

No. There was one user that really drove the pasta for a while (always the same filename), but it's since become a meme that others repost. I know I was the one spamming it for a while.

Daily reminder that the Dudley's literally did nothing wrong.

Attached: Gas the Wizards Magic War Now.jpg (574x400, 93K)

CPS would disagree

Unironically this.

B A S E D

>"I really need to release a patronus from my wand"/"boy I sure wish someone would alohomora my keyhole"?
>Reddit in charge of sex jokes

Ah, thank god.

How could kids create something as powerful as the map? Why didn't voldy just use this spell on a globe to be able to instantly search for anyone in the world?

but lupin was a werewolf and thats bad okay?

This.
Why didn't the Death Eaters have Marauder's Maps when they were looking for Harry in "The Deathly Hallows"? It would have made their job simple and easy.

In pic related they could have known that it was Harry as well.

Attached: disguised harry.jpg (1426x676, 127K)

wizardhood is wanting all those magicniggers killed with the superior firepower of muggle weapons

They didn't create the map, they stole it from the schools confiscated items. The map already existed when Harrys parents were at Hogwarts.

Map was created by Harry's father and his squad when they were children.

It was still made by students though is the point, even if the Marauders were probably 7th years by the time it was finished. If people who haven't even finished school can make ertefacts like that then what's stopping professionals from scaling it up?

You retard, it costs nothing to post this meme. It's not the same guy every time. It any idiot can edit this pasta in 30 seconds to fit the topic at hand.

Why dont Death Eaters attack Harry outside hogwarts? Do they just take the summer break off?

That meme is shit though. It stopped being funny after the first time

Didn't they? Voldy was back only after 4th movie

>unless the movie/book/game is specifically about it.
even then it does

He is protected when he's at his uncle's house up until his 17th birthday because of love magic or whatever.

No sexual stuff

Shank him when he walks off to get lunch.

Seriously?

Attached: 1515345091106.jpg (306x306, 20K)

Why didn't the wizards use muggle weapons (such as rpg's, grenades, C-4, tanks, etc. ) that are much more deadly in open combat as opposed to wands in the Great Wizard War of Hogwarts? It makes no fucking sense.

Just use a fucking Gun and shoot him like it isn't difficult. He doesn't HAVE to die from magic.

Attached: gun.jpg (640x447, 22K)

Just send a guy with a fucking gun or knife or hammer or broken piece of glass or whatever and kill the little prick
If guns are too Muggle-ish for the setting then just use a fucking sword, since swords are a thing in this trash series

Rowling really wasted a bad ass moment here. Just imagine if Arthur Weasley just showed up in a wizard battle with RPG or some automatic rifle.

based dullest franchise poster

Attached: 1516732555992.png (320x269, 111K)

just like the books/films did.

Attached: 1476796863120.jpg (920x380, 69K)

lol you /k/ tards

Well it would work as long as they don't have protective charms and wards up the ass

>the students have their own defense against the dark arts club and 7 years worth of schooling
>only ever learn to cast stupify and expelliarmus

Attached: image.jpg (640x371, 33K)

I'm sure he has a spitfire if only for the merlin engine

its literally all me

How do you get shit on your dick from getting assfucked?

no it's me

>Spells powerful enough to change your appearance, to make people fall in love with you, to completely warp reality
>Harry still wears glasses

Can someone explain me why the fuck did he end up settling with an ugly ginger that he didn't have any chemistry with for the majority of the books instead of plowing the poontang of one of his fangirls?

Attached: 1484778291602.gif (200x202, 2.48M)

Harrys dad & friends made the map. It says their names when you open it. Moony (Lupin) Wormtail (Pettigrew) Padfoot (Black) and Prongs (Potter).

>J.K. Rowling really fucked up bug time

Attached: hero_Starship-Troopers-image.jpg (1002x500, 81K)

jokes on you for actually watching them

>liberal British twat woman
>having guns in their children's books

Do we really have to start posting bin that spoon pics?

Was it ever explained why Pettigrew was their friend? Dude looked like a villain and in the end he was one too. Makes us all ugly people look bad.

Why didnt they just ride giant eagles into Mordor

It's mostly always the logic in children's tales (as was in Medieval times) that ugly people are also evil. Person's looks reflect what's in their heart/soul.

>Voldemort didn't trade magical trinkets and potions to the Russians for a nuke to bomb Hogwarts with allowing him to unanimously take over the wizarding world by vaporizing his opposition in one foul swoop
What was he thinking?

Attached: Voldy Fucked Up.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

>purpise.
seriously, you guys fuck up the first sentence 50% of the time. The only thing you have to use your brain for.

>There was one user that really drove the pasta for a while (always the same filename)
>Mfw that was me

Attached: 1506997172035.jpg (350x350, 16K)

>Love magic wont help you now, Potter.

Attached: Boeing_B-52_dropping_bombs.jpg (1439x1079, 531K)

Fuck you guys I'm sitting in the library cracking up looking like a retard

Attached: kek.gif (285x200, 39K)

star trek
although its infinitely better than harry potter

You only say ugly ginger because of the movie casting

Have you ever seen a beautiful ginger in real life?

pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/time-turner

Rowling actually apologized for the Time Turner later on.

None of them are as smart as the guy who made the original copypasta. That's why the opener practically never matches the rest in quality: It always looks out of place.

Uhhhhhh

holy shit

Rowling mixed the movies up with canon herself, like in one of the later books where they reference something that only happened in the adaptation, there's no chance she wasn't seeing the characters as the actors too

Attached: 1454930772630.jpg (191x214, 9K)

Hey fuck your Ginny is the cutest character in the movies.

why didn't Voldemort just make a piece of shit into a horcrux and flush it down the loo. It would be almost impossible to find and destroy.

>Look at this, Harry! I have a Muggle weapon!
*shoots himself by accident*

Tbf Harry did try to convince Lupin to stay with his family, rather than joining the ever-growing list of "People who died protecting Harry". He cared at least a little.

Attached: say_hello.jpg (1500x1012, 279K)