This is cringey

this is cringey

Attached: John-Wick-2-japanese-poster.jpg (680x960, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA
youtube.com/watch?v=IBvf7KUEZ78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Begone thot

Watching American movies dubbed in Japanese? Agreed

As in the poster or the movie?
I prefer the first movie, the second one feels a little too much of everything but that's what happens in a sequel I guess.

especially the scenes where everyone starts going after him, that scene with the fat asian and a busker was embarrassing and when winston gave a nod and everyone turned around for a second and kept going. the only good thing aboit the movie was the neo and morpheus reunion thats it.

Second one I enjoyed, but I think it went overboard with the whole "secret assassin society" idea. The marker was a cool idea, the prep scenes were great, the fights were as good as the first and that androgynous mute made my dick hard. What threw me off was that apparently everyone in existence is actually a secret assassin and there is no institution, business or public park not filled to the brim with agents ready to kill you as soon as they get a text message. The first one was a little more down to earth which I think helped the overall tone of the film. Second one is worse but still has amazing scenes.

why are u surprised that Reddit the actor makes reddit the movie

I hated this one after loving the first one. I can't believe the same guys screwed up so badly

>JW1: small scale, rations out the action, paints just enough of the world to make it seem deep
>JW2: WOOOAAAARRR CQC SHOOTING IN TUNNELS WHOAHOHOHO LIKE ASSASSIN LAUNDRIES AND ASSASSIN CLAIMS ADJUSTERS AND EVERYONE IN THE WORLD IS AN ASSASSIN WOWWWEEE MORE SHOOTING IN CORRIDORS FUCK YOU AUDIENCE

Attached: 82675126028390444846.jpg (2000x2963, 413K)

DUDE ITALY
DUDE THE CULTURE
Fucking Silence of the lamb did the same mistake, it's nice to change a setting but the way they handle Italy is fucking boring and cringy

It's supposed to be mindless action.

JW2 was a mistake. It's like they didn't understand why the sequal was good and decided to emphasize all the wrong things. Even the action sequences in 2 were shit.

I'm not going to waste my money on 3.

prequel

3 should be a lot better since it's in space

yeah I don't get how this gets good ratings or anyone saying it's good. It was like super retarded bad. Shooting guns in public without anyone noticing because lol silencers. Morpheus playing another magical negro. Assassin who can't talk. so much cringe cringe cringe t b h

That's fine, it was just a disappointment after the first one was so well-crafted.

So now Sup Forums are infesting Sup Forums? Talk about full circle

These are the kind of threads that makes it feel like this board is overrun by contrarian teenagers trying to act cool.

Attached: 1515710662527.gif (268x278, 1.44M)

First one was terrible so why would 2 be good?

>all the plebs itt

JW1 and 2 were certified /kino/

Attached: 1200px-Steven_Pinker_2011.jpg (1200x1600, 214K)

leave and never come back
youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

but it's so silly, and not in the right way. in the film school "my favorite directors are tarantino and nolan" way

I tried watching JW but gave up after Wick is fighting those people and is about to kill Theon, but Theon escapes. God, what a shit movie. Only good part were the nightclub scene.

so, you stopped watching the movie before the scene that you liked more on the movie?

>doesn't like JW but watches game of thrones

figures

I agree with people said ITT. Everything seemed too much.
But but I felt drawn by it.

>when you recognize the "jo" katakana because of JoJo

Attached: 1519771256966.jpg (479x512, 20K)

I actually though that the second was a major improvement. All the emotional/story parts were awful in the first one, but the action itself was pretty good. Second doubled down on the action, so it wasn't dragged down by other shit unlike Atomic Blonde which was a complete shitshow.

Chad Stahelski>>>>>>David Leitch

I liked that silver stainless steel elevator. It was so unreal. Like watching the first Crank for the first time.

>all the soyboys in this thread

Attached: 1518224719594.gif (314x314, 319K)

John Wick 2 was fucking amazing and should have been 3 hours longer.

john wick is prime soyboy. peckinpah is for hard erect men

bullet proof suit was...is it really necessary ? It totally distracts me in some scenes

Buzzwords that all together make no sense-the post

That isn't a prequel, it's just the original. A prequel would be exploring his life before retirement

It's necessary because John needs to get shot a few times

JW 1
John has 200 coins
Cleaning up dead bodies in his house: one coin each
Staying in Continental for two nights: one coin
JW 2
Suit, guns, Intel: one coin each
A glass of martinet at bar: one coin

I agree with this, it went a bit too far there. Although it does actually make sense if you think about it, everywhere wick went people knew he would be in that area so it makes sense other assassins would be there in advance. It's not like he was laying low the entire movie, if he flew anywhere or anything like that people would track his passport or something and be waiting for him. Coulda been a bit more subtle but who cares. I love these movies, it's the most original franchise we've had in perhaps nearly two decades

I love the end to #2 as well, there's a real sense of consequence and changes in the movies environment. Too many movies do this: Character x does all sorts of crazy shit, beats the bad guys and creates a fuckton of havoc, but in the end the world at large remains the same. Not this franchise, now wicks world is irrevocably changed forever, his very existence is altered, all axioms have shifted. It's a great departure from the norm.

Yeah this bothered me slightly too, although the stash at his house isn't his entire stash. He had some at the bank and presumably many other places as well. Turns out they're not as valuable as we first thought. Expanded universe and all that. It's paying for one drink with one that bothers me, although maybe it's a "pay one coin for the entire night/as many drinks as you can handle" type of deal and wicks so straight edge he only ever has one drink.

assassin girl a cute
too bad all images i have are shit

Attached: f8631ff55bc5d16034ed0e874be5e605.jpg (480x480, 48K)

>everybody loves and respects John except the evil guys
>Winston gave John so many favors
>even the woman who was going to be killed by John loves him

What kind of good thing can John possibly do to make everyone like him?

To be fair the drink saved life of one of them so it probably means more than a drink.

>girl

Attached: 1508177367527.jpg (640x853, 63K)

I can't take anyone seriously that got their name from Scooby Doo.

He's just a charming guy. Keeps his word, strong silent type, polite straight shooter. He's a man's man and a dark mysterious tortured soul to the ladies. He's just hard not to like.

Looks like the guy from resident evil right

Attached: 9000708B-A3B1-4059-92A1-63B9073DBCD5.jpg (310x465, 25K)

Because of faggots like OP we can no longer have action kino like Predator or Conan

>he doesn't like short haired girls

Attached: 4f4.jpg (227x222, 15K)

I don't know man. The assassin world seems to be filled with that type

kek
Exposed that retard

but i like predator and conan. this was just cringey, i don't use that word loosely. it's the best description

A lot of them were pretty slimy, but Common and Dafoe did seem like those types, and they also seemed highly respected by each other and everyone else.

we are getting both those movies in the near future you dumb faggot. in fact we just had a conan movie with shitty aquaman a few years ago

john wick proved you can still have a smaller budget R-rated action movie in a market that is dominated by CGI shit

if anything wick is better than both predator and conan which are big franchises, and it couldn't rely on its brand outside of based keanu's dedication and surrounding himself with competent action/stunt people. they also avoided exposition and smartly created their own universe with their own rules

if you hate wick you are part of the problem

Attached: 1517476055292.jpg (261x244, 11K)

TW8

>john wick proved you can still have a smaller budget R-rated action movie in a market that is dominated by CGI shit
Well they dropped that and made a retarded blockbuster for the second one. Now everyone's an assassin and John Wick buys future tech from tailors using code terms

Don't you ever mention actual kino like Predator or Conan in the same breath with John Wick. It is absolutely nothing like those movies.

With the success of R-rated action films, I hope to see another Crank film in near future. I'm probably in minority based on critic's ratings, but Crank 2 was a fucking non-stop action masterpiece.

>if you hate wick you are part of the problem
Wick is soycore. Peckinpah, Woo and Mann are real action kino.

Jesus, did you just step up from the time machine. Those directors have made nothing but crap in the last two decades.

the 2nd one is only a few million more than the first. it being a "blockbuster" only validates they made the right calls in the first one. the 3rd one will probably outgross them both as well

soy buzzwords, not an argument

peckkinpah has been dead for 3 decades, let it go
woo hasn't made a good action film in 2 decades
mann's next movie is about ferrari. blackhat was a bust, kino shootout with the 1911 though

everyone has that 1 guy they want killed and john was probably that 1 dependable guy they got to do it

That says everything about the state of action movies in the 2010s when the good shit is partly decades old. Praising Wick means lowering your standards.

I don't know, I thought Raid films were great and Crank was decent. There is a lot of unimaginative, boring PG-13 "action" films, but I think there is a decent one every now and then. Maybe with the success of this one there will be a great action director in near future that will get his chance to make a film.

Why do you fucking retards keep spouting this 100% incorrect criticism? Not everyone is an assassin, there was a massive bounty on Wick's head so naturally all the assassins in the city are going to congregate around him so they'll be the first one to get him once the grace period ends. Retard.

>the fucking party scene music
I'm not even a technofag but that shit got me pumped since second 1
youtube.com/watch?v=IBvf7KUEZ78

Attached: 1471562972617.jpg (321x322, 17K)

What really bothered me about the coins is you are a fucking assassin and don't you get like 1 coin an assassination? So you suit up, go track down your target, and potentially get killed, then for your payment you can get a hotel room for 2 nights, and for another kill you get to go downstairs and drink at their bar for the night. Or buy a bunch of cool guns and shit. The value just seems to fluctuate so much.

>sumo assassin has extra hitpoints
I couldn't believe my fucking eyes