Is Who wants to be a millionaire just a game of luck?

I mean, there's 33.34% chance of being right unless the person happens to know the right answer, and lifelines can only get you so far into the game.

Let's say there are 15 questions with 4 choices each. Let's also say there are 3 lifelines: call-a-friend, 50-50, and ask-the-audience.

For each of the 15 questions, there is only 1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%. You can use each lifeline once. Using phone-a-friend, let's say gives you a 95% chance the person you call is correct. So 1 question is 95%. Similarly, we can say ask-the-audience gives you a 95% chance. Finally, 50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer. To recap:

Question 1: 33.34%
Question 2: 33.34%
Question 3: 33.34%
Question 4: 95%

Attached: millionaire.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dadt.com/millionaire/special/game/active/frame_game.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this was the lamest dailypasta

why not 25% chance since there are 4 choices ?
t brainlet

Seek treatment for your autism.

What year is it?

B. Richard Nixon

>so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%
This sounds wrong, but I suck at maths
>Divided by 15 questions = 46.00%
>more than half the people on the show will lose, so it's not very fair
Sounds exactly like 54% of the people will fail, thus proving your point. Also if you're not a fucking brainlet you can expect to know at least a couple of questions

Wow haven't seen this pasta in awhile

(1/4)^12 x (19/20)^2 = the right answer. 5.823... e^-8. So 0.00000005823. Or 0.000005823% or something like 1 to 200,000

I know some of those are numbers

>jeremy Clarkson as the new host
>ooh thats bad luck, you've failed.
>smug face.
I can't wait to see him get socked.

>1 correct answer, and 3 incorrect answers, so immediately your chances are 1/3 = 33.34%.
i don't care if this is pasta or whatever, if you got 1 correct and 3 wrong, you get 4 options in total, so 1/4 chance (correct option/all options), at this point everything else needs recalculating so cba to read

You're totally correct, that's why 46% of contestants win a million dollars

Sock it to me?

lmfao

A guess is 25% of getting right, not 33%. Once you get out the first tier of questions the odds of the audiencing knowing dramatically reduces and becomes useless pretty quick. Phone a friend may help if you have smart friends. 50-50 is self explanatory

The majority of Sup Forums couldn't even make it to question 10 honestly:

dadt.com/millionaire/special/game/active/frame_game.html

Wrong, WWTBAM commonly has 3 "serious" answers and 1 joke answer or a ridiculous one that can be easily discounted.

Yeah for the first like 3 questions. Try watching for more than 5 minutes

>me taking the Jeopardy online test last week

Attached: wtf.gif (320x289, 1.12M)

oh yeah?
*kisses you on the lips*
what now faggot?

I just got 8/30on the one for college students. jesus that was brutal

dank fucking meme bro

How the fuck is someone this bad at math?

Yeah

Everyone else in this thread can't do basic probability wtf

>33.34
what is this fucked up rounding scheme retard?

That's your problem with that post?

I got 35/50. Allegedly that's the cutoff for getting in the lottery for an audition. But yeah the test is way harder than an actual episode.

You don't round up on a 3.

>50-50 will remove 2 wrong answers, so you have 1 right answer and 1 wrong answer, so you basically know the answer, 100%
Solid gold my friend