What the fuck am I watching? This seems awful but it got good reviews... It looks and feels so weird

What the fuck am I watching? This seems awful but it got good reviews... It looks and feels so weird.

Attached: brawlincellblockposter.jpg (864x1280, 682K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/ndxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best pleb filter of 2017. I'd give it a 7.5/10

It’s a grindhouse film. Not some meta self aware bullshit either. Just pure unadulterated kino.

youtubedoubler.com/ndxg

Nu-grindhouse

One of the best films of 2017

An okay flick. If they used an actual stuntman instead of vince vaugnge it would have been more genuine

It was so bad, yet so good.

Just wait until the last ten minutes when it goes 11/10 fullblown grindhouse. It's worth the wait, trust me.

>it got good reviews

Attached: 17587044-410B-4151-BE7A-2A3E6EB416AC.png (500x522, 133K)

Pretty shitty. They had to bait people with bone tomahawk.

Bet you liked Scott Pilgrim. Time to neck yourself soy boy.

You seem like the kind of fellow who enjoys the works of Wes Anderson

Oh no no no no LOOK AT THOSE SWINGS! HAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT HIS CHOREOGRAPHY

Attached: download.png (746x286, 235K)

>critics loved it
wtf i hate it now!!!

Familiarize yourself with the genre it’s paying homage to: Grindhouse

Also wait until the end to post you retard

You truly have to be a retard to not enjoy this movie.

Attached: ce26dc2f5c749fd9e62f6f5a6c260861--sexy-velma-velma-dinkley.jpg (435x800, 51K)

>came out on Netflix
>Gratifying violence and guns
>All POC in this are villains/horrible people
>All whites in this are good guys or sympathetic
>Still 92% fresh on RT
This is why I don't take the Sup Forums conspiracy memes seriously anymore. There is just too much discrepancy, especially with a film like this.

Confirmed for soy

I know what you're trying to say but the film is not "racist". I'm not even sure the character himself is racist or a bigot. His line about "water not having a gender" is not something any pol/ type would ever say.

>all whites are good guys

did we watch the same movie

Don Johnson is white

>He thinks that the Sup Forums meme of Hollywood being liberal propoganda isn't true because one film *doesn't* have anti white messages
Wat

>missing the entire point
>ignoring it contains all the hallmarks of a film that is supposed to get trashed by (((critics))) like Bright or Death Wish
>ignoring that it actually got praised because it was actually """good"""
Sup Forums is always wrong.

There is no consistency to Sup Forums conspiracy theories. Many say that Disney paid critics to be overly negative towards every capeflick not in the MCU. When Deadpool was critically acclaimed, they said it being a R-Rated movie is why Disney ignored it as it wasn't competition. But we're supposed to believe that Disney gave enough of a fuck to attack two of Netflix's unrated blockbusters, Bright and The Outsider, while letting Stranger Things, a film that is more up their alley in regards to the targeted audience, gather critical acclaim and franchise success.
Of course it isn't racist, but it could very well interpreted to be racist by sensitive film critics.

>mfw people on Sup Forums will defend this god awful fight choreography

Attached: dogshit-the-movie.webm (900x484, 2.96M)

>tfw I'm waiting for my memory loss system to slowly forget this movie so i can watch it again

BRAPPPPP

Attached: eat da ass.jpg (640x894, 39K)

>why isn't everyone kung fu fighting with 100 percent precision and lightning speed action like my hollywood jew flix???

Best film of the year.
Also proof that people are so used to fake fights, that when a fight looks real (as in this film), people shit on the choreography.
If you don't like it, you probably are just some sort of artfag who can't enjoy good, clean, fun.

I got to where Dexter's gross sister showed up and immediately stopped watching

what?

>defending this piece of shit
defend this nerd

Attached: fucking-shit-the-movie.webm (900x484, 2.83M)

its great.

why is this so bad

Attached: Oh_My_Sides!.jpg (600x603, 39K)

Debb
Christ, glad I stopped watching it

This image makes me think of SCP-173

BAHAHAHAHAH

did they bring Nolan in to direct this fight scene?

looks like brawl in cell block 99 to me

is this the most intense action thriller epic that humanity has ever witnessed?

Attached: cheese-Vaughn.webm (1280x720, 1.31M)

Looks good t b h.

this shit can't be real

Attached: laughingpepe.jpg?w=440&h=424.jpg (399x385, 27K)

vince vaughn's character was really strange. not bad, just unique. the ending was very satisfying though I gotta be honest it kinda went into comical territory a few times (like his friend with his sniper rifle).

Have you ever actually even seen a fight?

All good, especially compared to shit like The Raid where dudes are falling thirty feet out of windows and surviving.

Have you?

>all saved as jpg
a samefag AND a newfag
intriguing...

Haven't explained what's bad about it beyond memes and reaction images

I grew up around boxers, my uncle was a coach and I spent a lot of my childhood watching dudes fight in and out of the ring.The film looks like an actual boxing match. The fights looked more real than most action movies. Fags are conditioned with action movies, so they think they know what fights are "supposed" to look like.

>The film looks like an actual boxing match
Then it's wrong, because they aren't in a fucking boxing match.
Every Vince Vaughn fight scene looks like he learned how to fight from boxers in the fucking fifties

>the cop hes fighting is a literal boxing instructor in the movie and says vince is a natural and should also be a boxer

>user: they arent in a fucking boxing match

kek

The fights looked real because they were real, outside of the gore parts.
That 3 minute scene of Vince Vaugn punching the shit out of a car was real
Vince's character is an ex-boxer you absolute brainlet. Go back to John Wick.

The only problem is he would've busted his hands to shit swinging at his elbows like that

Do you see a ring? A bell? Gloves? That isn't what a real fight looks like, leave your oldschool boxing back in the past where it belongs
Even that aside, the scene is horribly shot and looks comically awful. Also stop fucking redditspacing
>The fights looked real because they were real
Only one I've seen so far looked hilariously fake
>Vince's character is an ex-boxer you absolute brainlet. Go back to John Wick.
I didn't watch the movie, brainlet

That is far from the only problem with that scene

your garbage post could do with some reddit spacing

>I don't have an argument: the post

>i didn't watch the movie
I can tell lol

>the guy just lets Vince shove his shoe in his mouth
>doesn't immediately go for his baton
>clunky blocking and choreography
>movie expect me to believe a man can take being hit in the ribs twice with a baton without even flinching
God damn this is a bad scene.

yeah thats what I was saying.
you dont have an argument so you bring up reddit spacing.

gotcha fucking faggot
hhahahahahahahah

so easy to trick retards

>1 minute between posts
samefag

Attached: whoops guess you're retarded.png (344x115, 6K)

>look mommy I know how to use ms paint

>thinks I can screenshot, save, and edit something in MS Paint in less than 50 seconds
That's pretty flattering, but also retarded.

>spent another minute in elements to edit his post
you should just give up while you can desu

Attached: asuka434.jpg (700x483, 28K)

user, you're losing here. The characters fight like boxers because they are.
>horribly shot
fucking how
stop embarrassing yourself, user

>using yotsuba b
goddamn, Sup Forums really did a number on this place huh?

I did make an argument, you just ignored it. Go back to ribbit with your retard spacing
I really don't understand how you think that is a good scene, so much so that it has to be one person criticizing it. At least his fight scene in True Detective was decently choreographed, despite being more of his awkward old-timey boxing

Attached: Honestly you are fucking retarded.png (1019x1162, 116K)

>CST
>not even on a coast
A terrible fate

They don't fight like boxers because they don't throw the least bit weight behind they're punches. The actors are doing what people call "pulling punches" so that they don't hurt one another in the scene. It doesn't look realistic because it isn't framed well and the actors are clearly - obviously - trying not to hurt one another in the scene. It's horribly fake-looking. They have the stance of boxers, but sure as hell don't punch like boxers do.

t. pleb with shit taste

9/10 movie desu. Pure grindhouse bino.

>user, you're losing here
No I'm not
>The characters fight like boxers because they are.
Then why do they both look like they have never been in a fight before and are swinging entirely with their arms?
>fucking how
Because someone saw Vince slapping him with a shoe and not fighting back at all until they cut to the next scene where they square up and said "yeah, this is okay"
What he said.

>arguing the realism of this movie of all things
Did you guys seriously expect a completely unironic exploitation film to lead the charge in fight choreography?

>At least his fight scene in True Detective was decently choreographed, despite being more of his awkward old-timey boxing
This, by the way. He throws weight behind his punches there and it looks like the two men are actually hurting one another. It's a much better scene, and I dislike that series of True Detective in general.

This movie might be good, but these webms make it look like shit.

This thread proves that this film is the ultimate fagfilter. If you didn't like it, chances are you're a faggot who doesn't know shit about good movies.
Educate yourselves, faggots. Put down the CGI shitfests and faux-artsy indies. Watch classic movies from the 70s and 80s. Rolling Thunder. The No Mercy Man. Then revisit this future classic, and realize what a faggot you were.

samefag

Attached: 1464629773985.gif (160x160, 502K)

>le no argument can only bring up reddit spacing

haha gotcha again newfag

the hits just keep on coming

>calling people brainlets in a discussion about a film you admittedly haven't even seen
Look at this retard and laugh.

>Did you guys seriously expect a completely unironic exploitation film to lead the charge in fight choreography?
Okay, but the movie is known for being gritty and visceral, but the fight scenes are comically fake, from what I've seen posted here. You can't reconcile the movie being hailed for one thing while containing elements that contradict that narrative.

Vince Vaughn dragging a 200 pound man with his foot, completely tearing off his face in the process, is every bit as phony as CGI Marvel wankfests .

>from what I've seen posted here
Watch the movie and your opinions might hold some weight, fucknut.

>Watch classic movies from the 70s and 80s. Rolling Thunder. The No Mercy Man.
Never heard of any of that shit, but now I know to avoid it.
>It has to be the same person, no way more than one person can think my favorite scene was a joke
Go back
I'm talking about the scene in the posted webm you retarded monkey. Their backgrounds in the movie doesn't make the scene not stupid as fuck.

So you admit that the things posted in this thread are unrealistic, comical, and generally bad?

What?

They were mostly jabbing. I will say the swings tend to look the fakest, but no more so than any other film. They definitely look like they know what they're doing.
Stop this. Stop being a faggot.

same

Attached: 1465687039456.gif (320x240, 2.09M)

Acting like a self righteous Redditor isn't going to help. Watch the film.

>go back

no argument fuckboi? hahahahaha

space

deez

nutz

hahjahaha

None of the typical mainstream reviewers reviewed it.

So do you only enjoy realistic movies?
>faggot, faggot big dumb faggot

Because one film that has no racist subtext at all getting good reviews proves that? Nice try (((Ratberg)))

retard
I got 15 minutes in and saw Dexter's sister and shut the stream off
>I know, I'll say he is samefagging again!

Attached: retard.png (981x923, 108K)

what the fuck

Attached: 1510163566996.jpg (806x538, 87K)

How about when the guard stood their and let him slap him around with his shoe then stick it in his mouth for 15 seconds?

No I don't only enjoy realistic movies. But the parts in this movie that are clearly intended to be realistic aren't. It's called maintaining your objective. The audience is made to expect realistic, brutal violence from this movie, but what we get are Peter Jackson shenanigans. That's not a good thing. To iterate as clearly as I can because you seem to be too stupid to understand: the problem isn't that it's unrealistic, it's that it's trying to be realistic and fails.

How would you know? You haven't seen it.
You're aware that there's a huge genre shift halfway through the movie right? The realism gets thrown out the window once he's in prison, and especially when he makes it to Cellblock 99.

>I got 15 minutes in and saw Dexter's sister and shut the stream off

Wow we got a true kino master here, he doesn't even watch the movie! he spends hours on Sup Forums talking about a movie he didnt even watch! truly /ourguy/ and not a /r/movie subscriber!

Then I guess people should stop calling it gritty, brutal, realistic, and visceral, because it isn't.