WES ANDERSON THREAD

WES ANDERSON THREAD

This thread is dedicated to my favorite director and creator of emotional I-have-a-flawed-family kino

Attached: LA.jpg (960x1440, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k574ZlzTo_I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How come no one talks about him on this board?

Attached: TB.jpg (206x305, 29K)

Post yfw you enjoy the movies of Sir Wes Anderson

Attached: MV5BMjE2OTc3OTk2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjg2NjIyMDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 22K)

I don't know if this thread is meant to be bait or something, but Anderson is a fantastic director, and the director that comes to my mind when I think 'auteur'.

Attached: fantastic mr fox.jpg (1200x649, 293K)

Darjeeling Limited is my favorite. I watch it on planes and try not to cry near strangers

Attached: 1200x630bb.jpg (420x630, 96K)

Hey I know her, that's the town tart

I love his stuff but out of everything he's done The Life Aquatic just could not hold my attention. It just wasn't me i guess.

Not bait, just my favorite director and I never see anyone talk about him

Attached: 515cCzEhUIL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 52K)

How can I dress like I'm in a Wes Anderson film?

Attached: margot-richie-tannenbaum-costume-V1-600x750.jpg (600x750, 83K)

I haven't seen bottle rocket and i forget darjeeling limited, but every other one of his movies has a scene of someone smoking a pipe.

>Step 1: Wear ill-fitting clothes from 50 years ago
>Step 2: Be a precocious teenager or rich white man
>Step 3: wear defining accessories that would make you look weird IRL

Amazing movies

I feel like Moonrise is his most celebrated film by normies and it's my least favorite (still really good)

Attached: MV5BMTEwMTc3NDkzOTJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDI4NTAwNzc@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg (630x1200, 224K)

Also good. And she's a cutie.

>Step 3: wear defining accessories that would make you look weird IRL
Time to get that Celtic cat broach I've always wanted

My expectations for this movie were impossibly high and I need to rewatch it. I think despite 'fitting the mold' of a Wes Anderson movie, it takes the most chances

Attached: gbh-hotel_leadimage.jpg (1410x793, 193K)

Go for it bro, it's not like you can get any LESS pussy

Fuck, that worked out as a better pun in my head because you said cat but typing it out just makes it sound angry

I found this one to be forgettable. I think you'll like it though if you like life aquatic.

I have never seen Bottle Rocket. I think I'm worried I won't like it

Attached: bottle-rocket-owen-wilson.jpg (1280x720, 231K)

It's the least Wes Anderson movies of them all. It's okay. Pretty standard. I'm feeling a light 6 on the movie

Is the life aquatic good? I like tennebaums and budapest hotel.

>mfw

Attached: Pepe_rick.jpg (605x800, 59K)

Isle of Dogs releases March 23. Go see it, he's only 48 and we need 30 more years of Anderson-kino

Attached: dims.jpg (2816x1202, 871K)

I hope Wes casts her again

Attached: 1517754474506.jpg (1080x1080, 1.34M)

It looks like shit. Why is he doing animation again? Is he a weeb now?

how does it look like shit?

Never seen any of his movies. Where should I start?

My favourite animated film.

Start from newest to oldest but save Fantastic Mr.Fox for last or just skip it

Depends on your age desu.

>Skipping one of his best.

Why?

this but without the second part

So beautiful

Rushmore and Life Aquatic have Bill Murray in a leading role

If I was making a recommendation for first Wes Anderson, it would be one of those

thicc

Attached: 1510088914194.jpg (700x1024, 381K)

Honestly this is my fave one. MK feels quirky for the sake of it but I feel like GBH is the film where his aesthetics and directorial style are most at home. Also Ralph Fiennes is incredible.

It suffers greatly from pacing and tone. The tone shifts at about the 30 minute mark from being a typical Wes Anderson family "dramady" to a fast paced cartoon revolving around a chase.

>The tone shifts at about the 30 minute mark from being a typical Wes Anderson family "dramady" to a fast paced cartoon revolving around a chase.

But this was great and surely you could argue the same about the grand budapest hotel. I suppose it's agree to disagree. I have noticed that people tend to either put it at the top of their favourite Wes Anderson films or right at the bottom.

OP here - my 2c on Fantastic Mr. Fox is that it has incredibly impactful dialogue in that the characters feel like they choose their words very intentionally then just leave the words to hang.

I'm not doing a great job of describing it - but the classic "If what I think is happening, is happening... It better not be" is hilarious because in this film where every word is so deliberate, her character is so angry that she can't even complete a real sentence

I know what you mean, it gave the more emotional scenes more impact as well. The scene where Mr. Fox talks to Ash in the sewer was so genuine and heartfelt. Also Wes Anderson's sense of humour translates so perfectly to stop motion animation, I can't wait for Isle of Dogs.

Just catched this here on TV in my country last night.. and I'm wondering.. is there any more movies with this 'dad pretend to die to be with family' theme? Not as good as Royal tenebaums for sure.. but gimme some suggestions

>tfw cate was actually pregnant during this film
unf

Attached: abc98118f8f9b856699bfa9937e4a9cb.jpg (400x732, 53K)

>tfw Dudley was just a normal kid who liked all the attention

Attached: image.jpg (700x1003, 142K)

I love Wes but he has a problem closing out his movies I honestly can't remember how half of them end. He builds the most amazing worlds and characters, and then he seems to just get lost and I get bored and uninterested by the end.

But fantastic Mr Fox is great user. Fantastic even. Sorry.

Just watched Moonrise Kingdom as my first Wes Anderson film. What should I watch next?

My favourites are Life Aquatic, Royal Tenebaums and Darjeeling Limited

Grand Budapest or fantastic Fox

He already has. She's in Isle of Dogs.

>I am feeling a light 6
Fucking idiot.

Attached: 1521216781996.jpg (904x711, 273K)

His best and most mature film

I had similarly high expectations and found it good, but wanting the first time I saw it. Might be the only movie I've seen that I thought was too short. It seemed as if too many characters and familiar faces was crammed in for the sake of it with little to no relevance to plot development. Saw it again a couple of years later and loved it.

Nice counterpoint :)

Was it supposed to make you cry? I didn't feel the movie ever get too emotional.

>I couldn't save mine

Attached: ebin in the rain.jpg (437x501, 42K)

>the point is he is feeling "a light 6" as an opinion on something
>able to such levels of mental divergence he can imagine that there is someone more stupid than himself

Attached: 35502786-portrait-of-handicapped-student-doing-thumbs-up-sign-next-to-laptop-outdoors-.jpg (450x300, 36K)

I don't love Moonrise Kingdom, the colour palette was too bland which with the slow start really bore me. I love all his other films.

Great filmmaker, we need more like him.

>the colour palette was too bland
I liked how natural it was

>Mfw

Attached: 1375131931978.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

It was piss yellow for the most part. What's that in post-processing terms, crushed blues or something?

fuck Bill "reddit" Murrey

child protagonists ruined the movie for me, I wish it was about Ed Norton doing chief scout things

I thought some of the visual effects were jarring, but apart from that found the look very evocative of the past.

Attached: 1520956857701.jpg (500x306, 34K)

Attached: 1520788220053.png (342x342, 165K)

Life Aquatic ending is unforgettable to me

the third act was kinda shit

I don't know. The whole sequence was happening too fast for it to be emotional for me.

'I wonder if it remembers me' from Zissou hit me harder.

Why? I thought it delivered its message perfectly. Not to mention
>d-dad's on fire

His films look like anime. i like it

Sigur Ros is cheating though

youtube.com/watch?v=k574ZlzTo_I

>I wish the work of art someone made was more about a side character that I liked than what the artist did
Used to be this emotion could have been channeled into something creative, but you just use it to show people how stupid you are.

Attached: close-up-portrait-of-businessman-with-down-syndrome-working-young-H6CF70.jpg (1300x956, 127K)

Attached: 1518447620404.jpg (880x880, 72K)

All his movies have a very tender core, usually focused on emotionally stunted individuals. It wouldn't work if it was focused on Norton.

Try again, this time not throwing a tantrum

..or maybe I think that those child actors can't act for shit and making them the protagonists of a movie ruined it beforehand

it's his worst movie

Nothing you could ever say would change the fact that you are the kind of guy who is capable of "feeling a light 6" about something. I pity those people.

Attached: download-2.jpg (275x183, 8K)

Attached: 1516080703797.jpg (1600x1128, 137K)

please

Attached: 1520774422979.png (1228x1150, 191K)

It's supposed to be a Tarantino movie through the lens of a Wes Anderson movie. It's pretty good.

Attached: 1510338959700.png (730x800, 158K)

Never realized how stacked the cast is till I saw it in print

Attached: 1521299857580.gif (500x211, 222K)

Could you use it in a sentence?

Wes Anderson is the ultimate normie and reddit director. Also he is a hack.

You spelt Luc Besson wrong

Dishonesty and hackiness = Wes Anderson

>movie about childhood
>should not star children
Just because I makes you uncomfortable to see children because of your unconfronted latent pedophilia does not mean that a movie whose central theme is childhood (the character you love so much is a boy scout leader you freak) should not star children. Confront your rapey childhood, so you will be able to be reminded of it without getting ptsd, you victim.

Attached: boy-down-syndrome-desk-holding-glasses-close-up-portrait-young-males-student-48946103.jpg (800x533, 80K)

he should have cast decent child actors then

You are but an animal.

Attached: Madeline-Stuart-Model-Down-Syndrome.jpg (320x320, 25K)

what's your problem

Attached: Tonysoprano.jpg (250x249, 9K)

Attached: down-syndrome-model-madeline-stuart-australia-2.jpg (700x875, 105K)

Man, you are really buttblasted today. Every post you make just screams impotent rage

he's a hack

rushmore is his best film

>

I really liked the Grand Budapest Hotel and for me, its surprising that RLM gave it a non reccomendation. Having enjoyed the works of Wes Anderson before it's really his most accessible movie

Attached: 1521242803558.png (1024x768, 38K)

Attached: man-with-down-syndrome-007.jpg (620x372, 22K)

I fucking hate the anti-animation autism I see so often on this board.

Ending of Fantastic Mr. Fox is excellent.

this movie is perfect