What is the point of movies

>not artistic like a good theater play
>lack the depth of a good TV show
>lack the entertainment factor of playing FIFA with your buddies
so what is the point of film?

Attached: 13285331_912736678835638_1138352408_n.jpg (1080x890, 98K)

Escapism from your pathetic wagecuck existence.

but both tv shows and video games do that better

to distract people from their shitty lives for a couple of hours

Excellent question
And people have the nerve to come here argue some movies are art and others are not. They are all the same. Spy Kids = Das Boot.
Movies are products of the cultural industry meant to alienate people. Artistic aura is lost.

honestly its all been downhill since the operas of the 17 and 1800s

we will never again discover the artistry and rollercoaster of emotions that those managed to tap into

brraaap

Film is unironically the highest form of art.
It actually contains all the other art forms in all the filmmaking elements, from fashion, architecture, design to music, photography, the writing and performances.
With film, you can express your idea in just one single frame through framing and composition, the performance, production design, sound
etc, while with for example books you have to use multiple sentences just to set up the scene and for the viewer to grasp what's happening. Reading words linearly is not ideal, film is just much more efficient. Also with film you get an exact fixed artistic expression that can’t be changed, while with books it's entirely different with every single person because they all self impose their own pacing while reading, some read a book in a day some in a month, with films you get the exact experience the artist intended.

Now that doesn't mean everyone uses the medium to it's maximum potential, but it has a far greater potential than any other art form.

I just don't get how people delude themselves film is art? a few heroin addicts reading their lines of a piece of paper and a dude in the edit room putting it together? haha. sure. if you want art get a ticket to your local theater
like I said tv shows/movies are better at that than movies
nah. it's the product of a marketing multibillion dollar drug dealing society, it is not art. film is as far away from art as possible, it lacks passion and soulful elements

like I said tv shows/games*** are better at that than movies

What about VR?
Checkmate, 3x3 fag.

>it's the product of a marketing multibillion dollar drug dealing society,
Maybe stop watching Hollywood bullshit for once?

>nah. it's the product of a marketing multibillion dollar drug dealing society, it is not art. film is as far away from art as possible, it lacks passion and soulful elements
if you only watch hollywood movies, sure

so what's different in other countries? some french gypsies making a different style of film and dealing a different kind of drug? some bongs trying to wake up from their eternal drunkness?

>highest form of art
>requires its audience to just sit there passively braindead

like I said here there isn't anything different elsewhere. think contrived ''deepness'' is a big point to art? besides hollywood has that kind of tripe too

Viewer interaction (which is in VR the viewer choosing where to look at) diminishes the artistic value immensely because with film, or a book, or a painting you get an exact fixed unchangeable artistic expression delivered to you just like it is intended, while in VR the viewer can just look at his feet the whole time, or whatever other interactive element is introduced only diminishes the original artistic intention and focuses on the viewer/player.
It will forever remain merely an entertainment gimmick.

Same thing why videogames will never be able to be comparable to actual art forms

I just don't get how people delude themselves plays are art? A few faggots reading their lines off a piece of paper and some dudes to the sides moving props around? haha. sure.

I just don't get how people delude themselves literature is art? An alcoholic scribbling idea down on a piece of paper and a dude at a publisher editing it? haha. sure.

I just don't get how people delude themselves television is art? A few coke addicts reading their lines off a piece of paper and a dude in the edit room putting it together? haha. sure.

I just don't get how people deluide themselves art is art? A few loons putting shapes and colors on a canvas and then displaying it in a gallery? haha. sure.

>so what's different in other countries?
Directors being auters, no studio based industry, funding found by directors themselves, no multi billion marketing needs, just direct artistic expressions from the artists.

not an argument buddy
so how is it any different from a few people on heroin reading lines of a text and a tech dude editing it together? shit. I don't even need to go deeper, the moment any semi-modern tech is involved, it is not art

>lack the variability of a play
>lack the time consumption of Sup Forums
>lack the skill requirement of vidya

Movies are for casual normies who can't handle change.

It's not an argument per se, it's an example of absurd and meaningless your reduction is.

>has never watched a foreign movie in his fucking life

>lack the variability of a play
I know this is a meme post but what?
Literally the biggest flaw of plays is the non variability, the obvious limitation of the singular framing from the audience perspective and the limitation of the production where the setting can't be changed in an instant, which is achieved in film with a simple cut.

>tech dude editing it together
Fucking hell you really don't know anything about filmmaking, do you?
A "tech dude" responsible for the edit of a film? lmao

this is very accurate, when life has played a cruel joke and you're not exactly smart enough for a play, don't have the patience for tv shows or the coordination for video games, I guess all you can do is go for film and pretend it's deep
I'm not even american, buddy
go suck some toes tarantino

Watch Primer and then rethink what you said. Movies obviously vary greatly in depth. You can't put Terminator in the same basket as Mulholland Drive, for example.

Nice b8 btw

>2018
>playing fifa

jesus do people still give ea money

you've never been to a play, have you?

Why do you think so?
Does your wide shot perspective of the theater stage ever change? Can big stage production changes be done on the fly or are they made in the intermission?

to feel emotion. emotion enhances everything. Better movies manipulate emotions more often to their target audience. You need to find the films which target your demographic. If you are a nromie FIFA fag, you can go watch marvel or something

Very few people actually care about artistic flairs. The best artistic flairs are usually subtle manipulations which enhance the emotions of the story. If the artistry stands out, it can even reduce the emotion felt and compete with the emotion

Sup Forums is the most entry level artform and this entire board proves it

Trolling is a art it's true

>while with books it's entirely different with every single person because they all self impose their own pacing while reading, some read a book in a day some in a month, with films you get the exact experience the artist intended.

Wouldn't that make reading novels more artistic than film because the interaction between person and the medium is at the hands of the individual and not forced?

>Watch Primer
Boring, absolutely boring
Just some stuck up college kids making a time machine, explaining to me all this mumbo jumbo mental theory experiments that I could not give a shit about

Attached: 1512965543255.jpg (850x687, 113K)

give me one play that compares with andrei rublev.
protip: you cant.
films the final form.