Been feeling particularly depressed lately. I have no passion. I feel the limited people I interact with don't like me...

Been feeling particularly depressed lately. I have no passion. I feel the limited people I interact with don't like me. I don't really have anything that I love enough, or any goals to keep me going. I don't see the point of life and every day I feel like I understand normal people less and less.

Can anyone recommend movies for this feel?

Attached: Nighthawks.jpg (282x173, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kingjamesbibleonline.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Goonies

Watch anime instead.

the dark knight rises

mr robot

This, but only if you want to bring yourself to suicide.

OP, I feel the same way. I have the ENTIRE WEEKEND off and don't feel compelled to do anything. No where to go. Nothing to do apart from menial chores. I work just to survive, I get no relief and wish that I could go to sleep an never wake up.

You guys need to drink more

blader runner
children of men
stalker
strange days
paths of glory
birdman

Lost in Translation, arguably the most melancholic film of all time.

user, read about Napoléon. Seriously, I've found so much inspiration in his story.

Lol no

Watch the one where you slowly load the rounds into the revolver, put the cold business end to your temple and pull the trigger. That one is great.

The Road

I'm not going to give you any advice you don't want to hear, but I want you to know it's perfectly fine to feel the way you do. There's nothing wrong with you.

That will just make it worse.

Chef

Attached: v0izU7c.jpg (2730x1624, 529K)

wait a minute...

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind if you wanna get even more depressed.

Does this mean that you want depressing movies to watch, or that you want something cheery and fun to offset feeling lousy?
I rec pic related.

Attached: Love Exposure.jpg (1400x2100, 396K)

inside llewyn davis

127 Hours. Think of the boulder as a metaphor for everything that's holding you back.

not at first

>temple meme again
user we JUST went over this fuck
At any rate the likelihood of gunshot suicides failing is too scary for me

Oslo, 31. august
Un homme qui dort

was this a serious recommendation? I've been thinking of checking it out

Don't aim for your temple. You could end up just blowing out your eyes and still surviving. Aim for the brain stem or midbrain.

Please allow me to suggest the bible to you op.

kingjamesbibleonline.org/

No movie can help you with that my friend. Start working on your personality NOW. Yo CAN change the way your brain is wired, but it has to be NOW.

Attached: come on now.jpg (600x375, 15K)

This is me, or was. I'm presently unemployed and living off my savings. I do nothing all day.

Just curious, how much money do you have?

Buy a heavy bag. Go out and buy one right now. Learn how to hit it. Also, buy a bike, find the nearest trail and go ride it. Bike rides in places with nice scenery are legitimately good at reducing stress and depression. Take yourself out of your current environment and put yourself in a new one. It's extremely important to change environments frequently.

OP here, I just watched "Loving Vincent." It was pretty okay.

I feel you user. I'm not quite at the point of actively wanting to commit suicide, but I wouldn't mind death finding me. I feel almost guilty saying it, because so many good people have had to suffer so much from such things, but a terminal illness almost sounds appealing to me.

Thanks user, I appreciate this more than you'd think.

Any specific recommendations? I wrote an essay on him once but am not very familiar.

Either way really.

Thanks for the recommendations, friends.

Is this a meme? I can never tell, only seen a clip from it.

I've done quite a lot on this front, but I'd be interested in hearing what you recommend.

I watched this after a break up and sent me into a really bad place. Good performance by Carrey though.

Attached: lovingVincent.jpg (666x999, 120K)

yes.

You don't want death, you want change. Don't mix them up. You want new stimulus that your current life isn't giving you. It's up to you to find the stimulus that you need. Could be hiking, could be running, could be lifting weights, could be painting, could be kayaking, could be surfing. Learn a new skill. Just fucking do it, don't even think about it. Go find the nearest park and walk around it. I'm also depressed because I'm 24, don't have a drivers license because I'm horrified of driving, don't go out with friends, don't have a job, and I'm just now going to school for an associates degree. I know that I have to get over my fears and sort myself out at the same time, but I also need some kind of stimulus on the side to focus on so that the dopamine produced by my brain doesn't drop to 0. Just getting outside and walking around helps. You can find what produces that dopamine for you, you'll start gaining motivation to be better in all aspects of your life, and you can pull yourself out of this hole. I hope to do the same. Good luck user.

I'm in my late 20s. I was at a low two years ago, but did sorta what you suggest. I started going to the gym. I took my savings and traveled. I finished my schooling and got a degree (though I will admit it's useless and I don't even really enjoy the field). I started doing photography and posting it on instagram. I made silly youtube videos that people seemed to enjoy. I joined a band, briefly. I wrote for the school newspaper for a year. I went out and tried to clean myself up and started dating. I'm even in a relationship. From so many perspectives my life is good.

And yet all I feel is loneliness. Dread and sadness that I've wasted myself, my potential, and my ability to have any sort of positive impact in this world. I guess I'm saying, after all these things I've done, I'm losing faith I'll find happiness.

I definitely agree with what you said about walking, user. I hope you find what gets your dopamine going.

Attached: Charlie Brown into the snow.gif (500x375, 371K)

Same. I just want a bridge to fall on me or something.

Attached: video games will never be art-.webm (640x464, 2.92M)

I really liked the sequence in your webbum. Felt almost psychedelic when I watched it. Some of the art, particularly the black and white scenes, was really beautiful.

It makes me interested to know more. Is the idea he was shot by some little idiot a common belief or just a possible thing they played up for drama?

Do you feel like you haven't done enough to help others? You can make a positive impact. Become an EMT, Volunteer with your local fire service, volunteer in a homeless shelter, or go even further and volunteer to help in a poor country. I don't want to sound like a hippy, but it's possible that you're looking for something like that. I think you'll find happiness, especially since happiness is something that's different for everyone.

Beats me. Kind of a basic story with the "every frame a painting" gimmick. Saw "Love, Simon" yesterday and didn't have any feels. It was also p. plain and like a watered down 500 Days of Summer with a gay gimmick.

watch a nature or science documentary
helps put things in perspective
also, drugs

Left? I'm down to my last $2k. I need to get another job soon.

100% agree not memeing

I forgot to mention I also volunteer twice a week helping adults learn to read and write. It's probably one of the few things that actually do bring me happiness.

I feel like I just lack emotional connection or something. Real human connection. I wish I had somebody that enjoyed being with me, and that I wasn't just a backup plan. I wish I was more comfortable being solitary, I just get so damn lonely.

How about you user? What do you think life's all about? Are you happy?

Yeah the whole framework of the Douglas Booth character hunting down the story felt modern and somewhat out of place. A little bit too obvious a fill-in for modern audiences. I wonder if I wouldn't have enjoyed a more direct approach.

Where does one start with Napoleon?

This, but play Umineko instead

lift heavy weights repeatedly. your testosterone will boost. men are kiling themselves in droves because this society is unnatural to us. we need to kill or be killed, not watch Netflix and live 'til were 90.

Good advice.

>telling someone depressed to do drugs
Great advice user.

Im not OP, but anime doesnt appeal to my sensibilities at all; it's like watching juggalo music videos

you might think I'm trolling, but half the people in this thread need to go to pol and get redpilled

t.17 year old redd*t transplant

The Machinist

I work out every day and I'm still depressed.

Lol didn't mean to type "everyday"

sounds like u need some GrailKINO
>b-but i wanna stay fucked
No!
Pucker up 4 healing buttercup

Attached: 630935-b.jpg (278x400, 23K)

This actually looks kinda fun.

Same, it's getting hard to get up of my bed

this entire website is full of depressed losers jeez