Do you guys think they made the last Skywalker a villain just to kill him and give the middle finger to the fans ?

Do you guys think they made the last Skywalker a villain just to kill him and give the middle finger to the fans ?

Why didn't they make Rey a Skywalker ?
They are literally killing movie history with each movie in this new trilogy and i wonder if they have a grudge ?

But on who ? The loyal fans ? They could have expanded the franchise past the Skywalkers/Solo without killing them off.

Attached: 1200px-Star_wars2.svg.png (1200x572, 18K)

Oh no here we go again

If they wanted to give the fans what they wanted, they would have made most of the trilogy about old-man Luke and whoever he takes as his sidekick apprentice.

I think the idea is to show that Star Wars isn't necessarily about Skywalkers

Yeah but why eradicate them like roaches ? They could have done that without killing the OT leads off.

It seems sadistic to the fans, and i can understand why they would feel attacked.Luke is the thing that broke the camel's back, not necesarally JJ and his mistery boxes.

Luke should have died in IX, after accomplishing much more. In fact, people are very attached to their Star Wars tropes, so an old mentor must die, Luke or not Luke.
But I agree they've made a mockery out of Luke in VIII. His character development makes sense, but nobody wanted to see bitter Luke living with nuns in Ireland.

>Let's not give Nerds what they want. That's a good thing.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

>Hit 1: They made Han and Leia's son a literal neo nazi in this political climate

>Hit 2: Made him iredeemable by killing Han

>Hit 3: Destroyed Luke to give sympathy to a Kylo, who they will kill off

>Hit 4: Carrie died

They are literally burning it down to the ground, for whatever reason. Maybe they put to much faith on the new characters, Finn, Rey and Poe.

Attached: full-poster-empire-strikes-back.0.jpg (417x691, 249K)

Its not about giving SW faggots what they want, even George knew it was a bad idea.

But they are actively attacking them like they want to hurt them.

>Hit 2: Made him iredeemable by killing Han
Redemption is meaningful only when there's something heinous that needs repenting.

Depends on whether they kill him off which at this point I wouldn't bet on. The funny thing about this trilogy is that they inadvertantly made Kylo a far more interesting character than Rey, even with all his bitchfits and everything he'd ironically function as a far better protagonist or lead. I think they had every intention of ending the Skywalkers and effectively replacing them with Rey and co. at the end but post-TLJ Kylo Ren is the only character whose arc is unscathed and they can't ignore that.

Fuck off reddit.

>be Rian "The Schlock" Johnson
>write and direct the franchise film equivalent of a bathtub full of piss

>"What, you were expecting a bubble bath with water in it? EXPECTATIONS SUBVERTED!"
>"There's water IN piss anyway, retard!"
>"Come on, we all know you like taking baths, so you HAVE to like this one I drew for you."
>"Psh, you're just mad because I hired some strong females and POC's to piss in this tub with me. Fucking racist, misogynist bastard."
>"Oh yeah? Well this bath wasn't excreted for you anyway! Fuck you!"

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Theres no fucking way he will live past IX, the point is not redemption, is actually redemption and living to continue the bloodline and make Luke and Han's deaths meaningful.

Theres like 0 chance they will do that, they shot themselves in the foot when they made him a nazi like i said, in this political climate.

Hell they had him on the path to redemption in the second act of TLJ, and they said fuck it and made him even more evil.

Attached: to much white people in star wars.jpg (529x529, 78K)

The episodes have always been about them though and that cunt kennedy said they still were and that luke was so so important.

>His character development makes sense
Kill yourself

Well, they can always pull "there's another" twist, like in the old EU, where Han's evil son had a kid somewhere.

a character we know nothing about....hell atleast Leia was a thing before she became his sister.

Kill yourself reylo

>Maybe they put to much faith on the new characters, Finn, Rey and Poe.

No shit, theres literally no fan attachment to them except shippers for Rey, SJW nogs for Finn and fat moms who like the latino pilot.

Kylo is the only character worth watching from the new cast so far.

Attached: 1515892802622.png (454x336, 190K)

>Theres like 0 chance they will do that, they shot themselves in the foot when they made him a nazi like i said, in this political climate.
Kylo Ren is literally the weakest dark sider in the whole series, they bang you over the head with how 'conflicted' he is the entire time. They even made Luke a jackass just so he'd have a reason for going dark side in the first place. If they have to kill off nazis just because it'll more likely be Hux. In any case they have no fucking clue what they're doing, I see a 50/50 whether or not they kill him off.

Kek leblanc hole in the house.