Amazon said in November it plans to create a multi-season prequel based on the beloved book series and blockbuster...

>Amazon said in November it plans to create a multi-season prequel based on the beloved book series and blockbuster movies that came out of it. Insiders put the cost just for rights at $250 million.
>Now comes word from a leaked document obtained by Reuters that Amazon could spend another $250 million on production and marketing for the series, bringing the total cost to $500 million.
>That's a lot more than the estimated $280 million all three movies in Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy cost to make, before advertising, according to Box Office Mojo.
>Amazon's reasoning for creating its original TV series has been that they bring in new viewers who must first sign up for its $99 a year Prime membership, and those Prime members go on to spend more — lots more — on Amazon than others.
WEW

Attached: 1521327158423.png (785x558, 460K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theonering.net/torwp/2017/11/15/104426-in-historic-move-christopher-tolkien-resigns-as-director-of-tolkien-estate/
amazon.com/Anglo-Saxon-Chronicle-Michael-J-Swanton/dp/0415921295/
merp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seventh_of_the_Nazgûl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a big sum.

for you

Lotr right costing 250mil isn't that surprising when disney bought Star wars for billions.

If I pirate your show, will you die?

I hope it bombs.

It would be very illegal.

Can't wait for Sauron to be an anti-hero misunderstood badboy desu

You're a big company.

based Bezos

$250 million for air. I wonder how many to-scale locations they could've built for that.

Knowing what was done with those new LotR games I wouldn't be surprised.

Original ideas are a lot cheaper

sauron was a twink.

Its DOA, nobody will be happy

Attached: 254236733.jpg (1004x381, 70K)

It's never going to happen. Chris Tolkein is all buttblasted about the movies despite LotR being a solid and faithful adaptation.

He handed all control over to his money hungry grandchildren.
It's happening

theonering.net/torwp/2017/11/15/104426-in-historic-move-christopher-tolkien-resigns-as-director-of-tolkien-estate/

>theonering.net/torwp/2017/11/15/104426-in-historic-move-christopher-tolkien-resigns-as-director-of-tolkien-estate/
Oh snap. It's happening.

So the hobbit or silmanobodyreadthis?

imagine being this mad of a white boy

Nigger

It's gonna be BBC's Troy but with a bigger budget.

Watch it try to be GoT and be shit because GoT is a shit meme show that was a one-time thing you can't copy

little white virgin tough behind his screen :^)

Was his boipussy worth it?

Attached: sauron_and_ar_pharazon_by_jankalateckova-dbuu14z.jpg (600x847, 192K)

Press F to pay respects.

Predict what percentage of the cast will be a POC. I'm saying 35%.

>Prequel

Just adapt the goddamn Silmarillion nobody cares about your fucking shitty fanfiction.

sil made with a mixture of "hobbit"- and GoT-treatment?
no thanks.

Not sure, but I'm dropping it the very second I see nigger rohirrim, gondorian or hobbit.

44%

It has a 1% chance of being good. Whereas whatever OCdonutsteel shit they're going to pull with this has an absolutely 0% chance of being good.

Think about the Hobbit. The only actually decent bits were the parts lifted straight from the book. All the other fanfiction filler was pure shite

50%, it's time for equality

Christopher will not sell the rights. He is so against it it's not even funny

>watching it at all

>$99 a year Prime membership

i noticed that amazon: A.) started offering prime for $5 a month to people on welfare, and B.) started listing tons of items as "prime-only" (they will literally only sell you a product they have in stock if you are a prime member; see link below for an example)

now this.

what is their endgame?

amazon.com/Anglo-Saxon-Chronicle-Michael-J-Swanton/dp/0415921295/

Calling it now
>aragon
Black

>Legolas will be Legolini
Transgender white elf

>Gimli
Gay Dwarf

>Gandalf
Black

>Sauron
White man

>Arwen
WHite cause of race mixing

The irony being that England never had any real folklore and mythology. Its a fake make-believe culture. Similar to how Star Wars is USA folklore.

So actually its 30 million less than they had to create the movies. Its gonna suck

Are you ready for a interracial four some goyim!!!!

Next democratic president should break up Amazon. Doesn't look like Trumps gonna do it.

many people seem to be worried over how much SJW it's gonna be

but im here all concerned if it might be a CGI fest

56% if it is going to be an all American cast

You can get LOTR quality CGI with way less money these days

>not wanting rohirrim pimpin their horses and crying "HOL UP" across the plains of Rohan.

Go away Chaim

t.tanned Brit

whoops, meant to link to

I would like a Boromir and lords of Gondor prequel, desu.

>real folklore and mythology

I wonder if the black numenoreans will be actually black in this one.

It has been rumored that Idris Elba has been cast as Aragon

Attached: Idris_Elba_2014.jpg (1200x1728, 198K)

merp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seventh_of_the_Nazgûl
/ourgirl/

That's not ironic at all though, it was literally Tolkien's point. He felt that England lacked a folklore and body of myths, especially in comparison to its neighbors, so he made one up by taking liberal inspiration from both pre-Christian European myths and Christian philosophy and spirituality.

I'm Asian and this guy is 100% right.

I bet you think Le Mort D'Arthur was based on the original tales.

Wow Arwen looks so good.

Can't wait for the next installment of Lord of the rings

Thank you based Amazon for the Diversity.

Attached: lelsie-jones-poze-nud.jpg (788x525, 47K)

>Terry Crews as Gandalf
ok

Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, Gondor, Rohan will all be a confusing mix of whites, blacks, asians, latinos etc. Strong women aplenty. Arwen will probably join the fellowship and routinely point out how weak and foolish the make characters are. Eowyn will have long monologues about the patriarchy and will probably be a lesbian. There will be a subplot about some evil kingdom not letting in poor refugees. Denethor will be an evil Gondor nationalist and Aragon will want to "unite all races".

The Haradrim will all be white men.

Fuck Amazon for making this.

It will be a SJW diversity shit show.

I hope it fucking fails like the BBC troy

>wants to shoot prequels
>doesn't have the rights to anything but lotr and hobbit + appendices
uh, so wtf are they going to use?

>unite all races
That was the point of the Fellowship. And in the books Aragorn forgives the Haradrim.

Will this be original content or corporate fan fiction with a political agenda?

Im agreeing with that sentiment. Im disagreeing with the guy's opinion in the pic.

are their shows SJW ridden?

Sup Forums asshurt presumably. most reliable and inexhaustible fuel source there is

>That was the point of the Fellowship.

No - it was to unite the free peoples of middle earth. The Haradrim and those from the far east had allied with Sauron and though he forgave them after it was more go back to your lands and let us all live in peace.

dude what if meriadoc writes his weed book lmao

Frodo and Aragorn

Attached: 64747378.jpg (2000x2000, 3.77M)

They are a Sillicon Valley company pure soy what do you think?

Attached: 12d.jpg (300x225, 11K)

inb4 Valinor has to accept haradrim and other lesser men

If they at least would adapt something cool like the children of hurin, but no! Better get the faggots of game of thrones instead and have them gobble up some nonesense about gandalf's younger gay escapades. If it was something about those two gay wizzards going east, ok, but it will be a complete ass pull that leads nowhere. Might as well watch cutscenes from that stupid middle earth game with the ghost.

They think they're getting a new Game of Thrones, but it might be the new Ishtar instead.

Dude, for the boipussy of a literal god I would doom myself and my country to apocalyptic destruction not just once, but a dozen times over.

>conservative amerilards seething = "nobody will be happy"
keep telling yourself that, homeschooled retard

What do you even mean "real folklore"? England didn't have fairytales? It didn't have stories that lasted from its pagan era? It didn't have superstitions? Is your standard for "mythology" like Norse myth or some shit? Does this mean Scandinavia had no "real" folklore until people discovered the Poetic Edda in the 1640's? Does this mean German folklore was largely something you could discount until the Grimms brothers rolled along? You people make such retarded generalities, sometimes.

Not untrue, but LOTR was also a project for people that had forgotten these myths, as he felt they inherently linked someone to a sense of something greater. He wanted the common Englishman to look at something beyond the very industrialized time he knew, which was why he based the Rohirrim off of the Anglo-Saxons.

>England never had any real folklore and mythology

Maybe bait or genuine retarded
Ever heard of Beowulf or King Arthur?

Chris is a proper piece of shit.
>literally disowns his son and ruins his life for the crime of wanting to cooperate with PJ on LOTR and help make a better adaptation
Fag should die already.

Yeah, sure.

Attached: Akallabeth_by_Grrrod.jpg (1555x888, 1.19M)

I can almost guarantee that I am more educated than you. I fully agree with the sentiment of that comment.

BBC Troy was very successful

Well wasn't he right in the end given how they fucked the hobbit?

Already did the hobbit so yeah the silmanonlyknowaboutthisbecauseoftgmemes

>doesn’t reply to anyone after him

Excellent baiting

Wait did they not come with the lotr rights? Did they need to get the hobbit rights seperatly as well?

For you

>Sup Forumseddit already crying about minorities before shooting has even begun
gonna enjoy the tears when this is out

Most of the money will come from people paying for their propoganda to be put in them.

If billionaire feminists, black power, pro immigration or whatever supporters want propoganda in a movie there is no law to stop them doing it.

Please do a 4th age kino with Aragorn making taxation and trade deal with khund, harad and easterlings

>prequel
I thought that was the hobbit

Idris Elba as Glorfindel

I used to be angry that he wouldn’t sell them, but as I’ve grown older I now hope that they’re never sold.

As far as I know there’s only two or three pages of material Tolkien wrote set in the 4th Age.

The one story I remember is about to little Gondorian boys who run around the city and try to remember what happened that led to the dawn of the 4th Age. They had almost no knowledge of Sauron or the Fellowship, it was really interesting.

>500 million budget
>-250 for the rights
>-150 for marketing

Attached: 7456.jpg (400x388, 38K)

interspecies foursome. two orcs, an elf and a human

They can't sell those rights, because Christopher is listed as a writer. They probably can only sell the rights for books only written by JRR.

>>-250 for the rights
sauze

Very subversive, you could say.

>/poltv/ chimping out
>not realizing amazon's original content is leagues above their competition
the company brought you nazi america and a watchable capeshit series. they're not going to add a diversity quota.

I think you're talking about the LOTR sequel Tolkien wanted to write, called "The New Shadow". He quickly abandoned the project though because he realized it would suck.