That's it, Thor Ragnarok is SHIT!

That's it, Thor Ragnarok is SHIT!

youtu.be/5viMJD_jv0M

>trusting IGN in any way

it's OVER Marvel is FINNISH

depressed alcoholics?

Lol what a DCfag. Rotten Tomatoes has a 98% approval rating cunt. Just turn your brain off bruh. It's only a movie

>Ragnarok is basically a Joke Delivery System

>DCFag
>Marvelkek
Dude, in all seriousness, are we seriously going to be all aboard for yet ANOTHER round of:

>Battles with no real weight or stakes
>"lolsofunny" awkward dialogue that is meant to make the audience laugh, regardless of how out of place it is
>A total lack of gravitas from the plot

I don't even care about company wars, but to be quite honest, what happened to actually making a proper movie instead of a 2 hour TV episode with obvious CGI, a color palette that is out of place; not to mention the horrid, horrid fact that the costumes actually DO look like they've been picked out of a cosplayer's rummage sale? We know no one is going to die. We know no real character is in danger and we don't actually have any proper investment anymore because we got the payoff a long time ago.

>DANCE-OFF ME AND YOU
This movie is, judging by how people are talking, that quote incarnate. Is it really that hard to actually want a superhero movie where the superhero makes people believe again instead of another action-comedy with no real stakes at hand? For the FIFTH time in the last SIX years? Especially considering its core property is a pulp-mythos adventure?

What's JustShit League going to be about?

They going for happy movies now cuz once IW comes out its gonna be sad movies til Avengers 4

I like Waititi as a comedy director, but it's sounding like he pushed the humour a little far here.

Isn't that high for a Thor movie?

RAGNAROCKS

Who are you blaming? You're pushing the criticisms people normally associate with Markek but you're putting DC under the same umbrella

Yes, we know
I've known since I saw the retrowave stylistic of the trailer.
Is the movie 90% memes? I bet it's at least 70% memes.

I love DC and I've been a fan all these years, but god, DC fucking sucks at making movies and I don't have much hope for JL either.

No user no one is looking forward to Justshit League

>Blaming
What the fuck is there to blame? I just want to have something that'll be able to drag me off my work desk and actually go to the cinema. I don't care for your horrid company wars. I want to spend money--and I want to look forward to--on things that I want to be entertained, or if you wanna go the "artsy" route like most cinema snobs do, "enlightened" by. Give me a proper reason to go watch Thor--even the fucking critics called it "self-parody".

I didn't even mention it once. I mentioned that Marvel's formula got tired for me about the time Age of Ultron rolled around. This action comedy no stakes approach makes it feel like I'm watching a 2 hour TV episode rather than a movie I picked a ticket up at the box office for. After Captain America: TFA, maybe Thor, there was an odd shift at how the movies have been shot. They feel like made-for-TV episodes with no real payoff at the end.

Batman v Superman: DOJ was just a bad movie, but that's it: it felt like a MOVIE and not a TV episode or Christmas special.

It's getting Punished

wow, if it can't get a highly positive review from IGN it's really only gonna get worse from there

> Give directors more creative freedom, they said.

> So they give Waititi freedom to make the movie he wants.

Auteurfags BTFO.
> It's one of the blandest MCU movies.

Isn't that the exact average score on RT?

Marvel Studios consistently blowing their load too early is the reason that you don't feel like the movies have real stakes. It's what killed AoU too.

At this point, nothing actually matters until Infinity War is released, unless the movie actively ties into that storyline (and not just a 'LOOK YALL, CONTINUITY" tease at the end). The side effect is that you end up with a bunch of filler movies in-between.

Kinda, and their only complaint was the Asgard and Thor storyline is what drags it down because everything else is far more interesting. So it sounds like when you want more of a B-plot of an episode but a show keeps bringing up the main one. If they could make Hulk solo movies they probably wouldnt even make a Thor 3

> People want the film's to connect with each other and tell a broader narrative.

> But film directors want their movie to be separate.

I stopped at Civil Battle. Feel bad for the people expecting "quality". ;d

BORE CRAPNACOCK BTFO!

But seriously why are you watching IGN movie reviews

The average score on RT is 7.9/10.

But 7-8 is the Kino range. If it's under 7 it's shit if it's over its mainstream appeal. With some exceptions, this rule is pretty accurate.

>it felt like a MOVIE and not a TV episode or Christmas special.
Your full of shit. Marvel palette may look bland but you are over exaggerating it a ton. BvS had some pretty bad editing because of no scenes connecting and it was a commercial for movies that no one wants to see.

NOT FAIR

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SNYDER'S TURN

7 is literally a rental or bargain bin at the dollar value.

>IGN

Really scarping the bottom of the barrel with this one, aren't we.

nah, Snyder is just giving you a fair shot before he mops the floor with Bore: Cucknocock We want out our multipicture contract edition. Another Oscarless flick for the Marvel Standard.

IGN is mostly known to give out 9s but 7s?

Piss off. Batman vs Superman tried to make use of camera angles and trick shots to poor execution on the whole. It suffered on every level, but it actually felt like they tried. Marvel movies post-Avengers haven't so much as attempted ONE, and I mean ONE, dynamic shot or camera trick. The last one I could actually properly think of using tracking transition was THOR's first movie. Go walk up to any friend who dabbles in a production house and he can tell you from a single bloody sitting that many of Marvel's movies are two hour long TV episodes.

The former tried and failed. The latter's just trying to get me to pay a premium for something that should be released in the living room via stream or cable package. I fell no damn empathy knowing that nothing will actually even change by the end of the movie and all I can do is wait for the next bloody "part".

I'm going to be pissed if Thor ends up more upset over his hammer than his friends dying.

In fact, I'm really worried that I'll come out of this film hating Thor with the "Ah ha, no, I'M the best person ever" attitude. With the "Well, I have more muscles, so I'm smarter" shit going on in the clips...I'm kind of worried. It's some of the most tedious characters that Australia and Britain loves.

>“Here’s the thing, mate. Here’s the thing: Alleyways aren’t cool, and fields are cool, all right? Ask anyone. We originally shot some of that stuff in a setting that was set for New York, and what we wanted to do was to have them go down to Earth and they see Doctor Strange, but it felt too convenient that he was suddenly just down the road, in an alley, and also everything up until then had been so fast-paced and all over the place, we wanted to go somewhere peaceful and actually chill out with the characters, and be with Odin and pass this wisdom and stuff, and not have to hear stupid yellow cabs honking out the back.”
>“It just felt like a terrible environment to have a scene which could be very emotional for what happens with Odin and the boys, and the first time we’ve ever seen the three guys all together, and him telling them he loves them, and acknowledging Loki as his son. It was just very important for us to be in a kind of beautiful, peaceful environment.”

just in case you were wondering why they changed it