How come anime and manga get good video games regularly and every year but comics and cartoons don't??...

How come anime and manga get good video games regularly and every year but comics and cartoons don't??? It's not like Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney can't afford it.

Kingdom Hearts, Marvel vs Capcom (excluding most recent title), Batman series.

Anime and manga have a healthy industry.

Japan actually markets their anime and manga in multiple platforms unlike the West with their comics and cartoons

The Arkham games are Assassin's Creed tier 2bh

>Could have a Justice League or X-Men equivalent to pic.
>Instead we get Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and Injustice.
>No Cyclops blasting someone out of orbit and into the sun
>No Superman hitting someone with a meteor

Missed opportunities.

But they do, they're just often mobile or on websites. They don't need to make big flashy games all the time, especially for stuff that doesn't always last longer than a couple of years, sine they're mostly trying to keep kids attentions.
Adventure Time has a lot of different games, which meander around being pretty decent and on different platforms.
Avatar had quite a few games, as well.

Then with comics you've got all those Batman games, Marvel vs Capcom, all those mobile games, The Walking Dead, Spider-Man, InJustice.

>Avatar had quite a few games, as well.
The majority of them were garbage. Korra was the first actually good Avatar game.

>Then with comics you've got all those Batman games, Marvel vs Capcom, all those mobile games, The Walking Dead, Spider-Man, InJustice.
With the exception of Spider-Man and Batman those are all bad.

At least there is the Spider-man 2 game. Better than almost all of the anime games I've played.

I thought anime vidya was pretty much all mediocre Banpresto-tier stuff.

That hasn't been the case for a very long time.

THIS

Banda/Banpresto are pretty much the EA of eastern licensees, its a monopoly.

The only games that should exist are an avatar fighting game or a wakfu fighting game

because the West has a shitty format for this shit
you can't just MAKE fucking stuff like japan does, it takes about 60 years of not being shit and haven't 50 xmen spinoffs and tie in events and GREM DAWRK alt realities

just tell a story and spend near 20 years on it, like one piece, a manga that is THE MOST POPULAR AND HIGHEST SOLD THING IN EXISTENCE!!!!!!!

What year are you in? These days even the PSP/Vita games are of decent quality

Last anime game I bought was InuYasha for PS1, so around 2002.

>anime and manga get good video games regularly
No they don't. Remember the metric ton of shit Dragonball games before they got their shit together with the Budokai series and then dropped in quality again until Xenoverse? Nowadays most anime and manga properties are regulated to mobage because its cheap as shit but in the 00s we got so much PS2 shovelware titles based on anime and manga series that were known for being notoriously bad.

>Korra was the first actually good Avatar game.
Fuck no it wasn't.

Because the West is obsessed with copyright and lawsuits.
For example, it is entirely possible that teaming up with Marvel Comics to make a fighting game will mean you can't use Marvel character [Y].
People treat their IP's like glass. If multiple people could have shares in one piece of glass. It's become impossible to recompense everyone who had a hand in creating [character]- especially given the amount of opportunistic frauds out there- but that is what capitalism demands.

>How come anime and manga get good video games regularly
DBFZ will be the first legit good game to come out of this franchise (i.e. you don't have to be a fan of the series to appreciate its quality) since Legacy of Goku II.

I think the only anime-based game that I thought was a good game on its own merits and not because of fanservice was Heritage for the Future, but I've played a lot of games based on western series that I thought were just good games, like MvC, the PS2 Spider-man games, and Transformers Devastation. I think they're both about equally shit on average, though, and I've played a lot of shitty ones based on western properties too.

What anime-based games do you even think are good?

Anime and manga have fans with jobs that can afford things

Aren't you a little comedian.

>How come anime and manga get good video games regularly

They do? Most games based on anime and manga are like most movies based on videogames: ten pounds of horseshit in a one-pound bag.

>PS2 GARBAGE ANIME ERA

THOSE WERE MY FEVERITE YOU

I'm callin bullshit. The Budokai and subsequent fighting games after are top tier including both Xenoverse (with its retarded RNG being the only exception) and Xenoverse 2.

The Atla games are bad.

So you've never played Ultimate Ninja Storm, Xenoverse 1 & 2, or any of the JJBA games after All Star Battle?

>Korra was the first actually good Avatar game.

It was terrible.

At least it was loyal to how the show performed

Hero Academia supers are mostly low tier. All Might is the only comparable to a superhero from DC/Marvel and he is not that strong. Most of them are Watchmen level of proficiency.

Well I suppose it would be better to say Korra was the only avatar game that seemed to have some sort of effort put into it.

Every other Avatar game I saw and played was just shovelware.

Isn't there that new steven universe game being made with paper mario quality rpg combat?

Fuck.

Budokai 3/Infinite World are the only two worth mentioning since they're great DB games but meh fighters due to how broken as shit they are. Tenkaichi and Xenoverse are just simulators. DBFZ and Super Dragonball are the only good fighters in the franchise.

Yes I too remember playing this shovelware garbage when I was young

First off, fuck you for shitting on Tenkaichi and Xenoverse. Secondly in regards to DBZF, basing your hopes on a new waifu character is retarded.

But that's not what matters, what's important are that the games are fun, and very view comic games end up as such