Why did he want to catch the smurfs?

Why did he want to catch the smurfs?

eat

In the first album, it's said that he want one to make a philosophical stone

I thought he wanted to turn them to gold.

What do you THINK he was doing with them?

Pic related, it's Gargamel

yup, Smurfs could be turned into gold through alchemy. well....at least that's what he believed.

So that he could makes them do lewd things.

He wanted to eat them and wife Smurfette

Except that he made Smurfette and she had black hair.
He introduced her into the Smurf population with the intent of creating strife and division, but it didn't work in the end.

He wanted to stuff them up his butt.

If Smurfette and Sassette were made from clay, where the fuck did Granny come from?

I mean, what's the point of living if you don't got a dick?

why didn't he just create a bunch of smurfettes, ignoring the Smurf Village altogether?

He wanted to get laid.

At first, he wanted them as ingredients for the philosopher's stone to turn things into gold. But then they started to piss him off so often, he wanted to eat them. Now he's just confused.

>In the first album, it's said that he want one to make a philosophical stone
>At first, he wanted them as ingredients for the philosopher's stone to turn things into gold.
Note that in Alchemy lore, if you know how to turn lead into gold, that same technique would also be able to grant immortality.
There is a down side though. To do this required transmuting yourself into a "perfect human", and that meant becoming a hermaphrodite. To be both male and female at the same time.

>There is a down side though. To do this required transmuting yourself into a "perfect human", and that meant becoming a hermaphrodite. To be both male and female at the same time.
What exactly is the downside in this?

she's a reverse alicorn.

alicorns cant be artifically made! yet it happened.

female smurfs can only be artificaly made! yet it happened.

well,first he wanted them to make gold,but then he lost that magic book,and said fuck it,i'm so hungry and pissed i'll eat them!

>What exactly is the downside in this?
Well, for one thing, you are 3D. So turning into a hermaphrodite is unlikely to make you a cute 2D trap.

If I were a perfect 3D human, I would be perfectly cute by 3D standards. I would be living CGI.

>If I were a perfect 3D human, I would be perfectly cute by 3D standards. I would be living CGI.
I can't argue with that assessment. And really, in history plenty of Alchemists tried to achieve immortality, so they clearly didn't worry about becoming a dickgirl.

Gargamel was originally designed as a Jewish stereotype man you should see how the guy tried to describe Smurfette to the film makers. Even the picture in OP might remind you of a certain image, if you flipped it horizontally.
On top of being a caricature, he wanted to use them to create gold.

Over time this changed to a variety of different things, a big one being food.

How many Smurfs are there?

There's supposed to be one hundred, but not all of them were ever shown. Whether or not that includes fake Smurfs like Smurfette isn't clear.

Does that include all the grey ones from that one movie as well? I'm not up to date on my Smurfs canon very much.

With Smurfette they were 99. Then Vanity got cloned permanently, becoming 100. They then had new smurfs join the village regularly: Baby, Sassette, Grandpa, Wild and Nanny, upping the count to 105 if I didn't forget anybody

He created Smurfette. Could he just have used her as ingredient?

>Jewish caricatures
>anti-feminist quips
>All guy Smurf utopia, but with bitch to suck them all off

Surmfs was surprisingly red-pilled.

This looks like Asterix for some reason... is the original comic french or something?

Belgian

she was never a smurf, so she wasn't capable of being used as such

>a candle burned at both ends
>*(1) This text is the sole responsibility of the author of the spell-book "Magicae Formulae" Beelzebub Editions.
lol

I've got an alternate translation of that page.