One of the best MCU movies

>One of the best MCU movies
>Sup Forums hates it

For what purpose?

This is bait right?

Of course. This movie is fucking terrible.

1-Ironman
2.Winter boyfriend
3-Guardians 1
4-Cvil war
5-Ragnarok
6-Homecumming

HE QUIPPED ALONE

Cap 1,2,3 and Iron Man are the positive movies, the rest is trash

A lot of people here just hate the MCU movies in general

Only casuals hate it and Sup Forums is filled with casuals.

>”Why isn’t Thor acting stoic and serious like he is in the newer comics and EMH!? Why is everything wacky and colorful like a Jack Kirby comic!?”

Sup Forums hates MCU because... REASONS

Because
(A) they're no dramatic art house films
(B) they're popular with normal fags
(C) the volume of them per year
(D) the marvel 'formula'
(E) some other subjective reason
(F) all of the ubove

SHILLS LEAVE

Because Sup Forums shitposters like to shitpost here when they feel like Sup Forums has too much capefilm threads

Are you new? Sup Forums hates good superhero movies, they only line bad ones like Batman vs. Superman

(G) Mediocre writting

It's the worst MCU movie this year. It's just better than the first two Thors which is no great accomplishment.

bc this placed is filled with contrarian normies or "comic book hardcores" who pretend they books with men in tights punching other men in tights somehow serious and "deep"

I don't read the comics but as a movies it's shit. I don't need to be fucking told I'm watching a superhero movie every scene and how wacky a superhero movie is.

It's popular. Therefore Sup Forums must hate it.

>Marvel formula meme
Do people really still think this is a thing?

>(D) the marvel 'formula'

I actually feel like this is a fair criticism though? Sup Forums loves the MCU films that tries to break the mold like The Winter Soldier, but whatever someone is probably going to call me a DC shill because I think this movie is 6-7/10 at best.

The Thor and Hulk scenes were good and Jeff Goldblum was funny, but outside of that it was mediocre. That along with capeshit fatigue, there isn't much to like.

Let's combine b through e:
Because they flood the market with films following a certain aesthetic and narrative, that many anons don't like, in an attempt to appeal to as many normal fags as possible.

What narrative is that?

The one that anons dislike, duh.

I'm curious, what's the aesthetic you're referring to, because the only similarly stylized Marvel movies I can think of are Guardians and maybe Ragnarok. Do three movies with barely any aesthetic similarities besides "color and space" really constitute "flooding the market?" Is your entire perspective of "the market" made up of big budget PG-13 superhero movies from two, maybe three, companies?

>It's just better than the first two Thors
First one was better.

What makes it a good movie to you then?

What happens in Thor 1?

It got big numbuh in rotten tomatoes!!!!

I'd say both avengers, all iron mans, strange, homecoming and maybe the first thor, or civil war were very similar.

It ain't colorful you ugly bitch and you know it

(G)Shitty CGI
(H)Shitty villains

Sup Forums also praises the shit out of Ant Man and Doctor Strange which follows the formula to a T. I don’t ever want to hear Sup Forums talk shit about “muh formula!” until it denounces those two shitty movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Logan were the only good superhero movies this year, Ragnarok,Spiderman and Wonder Woman were ok at best and got massively overrated.

One of these days, Sup Forums is going to learn about a thing called the three act structure, and realizes that it applies to movies they like as well as movies they don't like.

I bet that you rank Marvel movies by their rotten tomatoes score. Ant Man was far better than anything MCU did this year.

When I walked out of the theater, my first reaction was
>wew lad, Sup Forums's sure gonna hate this one
Not me though, I really liked it.

>waiting til you were out of the theater
>not planning your shitposts during the film
get on our level, newfag

Is it really good? I mean I like Taika Waititi so I don't doubt it's a funny movie, but for some reason I never really felt that hyped for it.

>worst MCU movie this year
>Says Sup Forums every year

Bull. Shit.

People are only saying this because it wasn't until this year that people felt a little underwhelmed with the MCU's efforts this time around because the MCU is capable of doing better.

I don't, it's honestly the first Marvel movie since Winter Soldier I truly enjoyed.

First day on Sup Forums?

I thought it was fantastic. There were issues, but overall I thought it was great. It's biggest problem was that the main villain was a little boring and her jokes were forced and broke the seriousness of her return.

>Fire works, some portals and coloured buildings
>Just like Jack Kirby
Kill yourself

Sup Forums hates anything popular now.

Great Tier
>Winter Soldier
>Iron Man 1
>Guardians 1 & 2

Good Tier
>Civil War
>Dr. Strange

Meh Tier
>everything else

Bad Tier
>Incredible Hulk
>Age of Ultron

These are my feelings. Most of the MCU movies are just fine, but theres so many of them, its hard to be objective about them individually. Plus its "cool" to hate marvel since its so successful. Personally I think Phase 3 is significantly better than the other phases, but most of this place would probably disagree because of the reasons listed above.

At least one decent fight scene

So much shilling in one post.

>being this bitter that someone can enjoy movies
>same posts even lists bad entries
>s-shilling, do i fit in y-yet Sup Forums?
Sad.

Ther were some moments, especially in the beginning of the movie, where I thought they needed to tone down Thor's humor a bit. But other than that it was good.

There were 2 parts where I laughed out load even though I was determined not to

Oh wow another "why isn't the Sup Forums boogeyman absolutely adoring the new Disney product like Rotten Tomatoes says people are I better make a bait thread to complain about it" thread. This is going to be a great discussion.
Let's see how many times the "because it's popular" or "Sup Forums shitposters pretend to hate it" excuses are used before we hit 50 replies

What an unpredictable turn of events.

The repetitive cuts to Anthony Hopkins standing there in old man clothes was odd both times it happened

Anthony Hopkins kind of sucked in this movie and I agree with your statement

Thank you, based Boo-urns poster.

It was a little too quippy for my tastes, but it was still a really good movie. By the end, I was very satisfied, and I'm someone who doesn't particularly care for Thor as a character outside of the MCU, and even then, I hated the first Thor movie. Never saw the second one, although I really want to now.

The visuals were fucking great, very vibrant and colorful, and downright cool. Really reminded me of Zack Snyder's movies, which is really the one thing that he's really good at. Like the battle in the portal between Hela, Thor, and Loki. There were also a lot of really cool, imaginative concepts, like the guns on Valkyrie's ship, which she could control with her hands out of the ship or Hela and her ability to just pull weapons out of nowhere. Really, if there's any real praises you could have for the movie, it's that the visuals and actual were fucking great. Costume design was fantastic too.

>Never saw the second one, although I really want to now.
Prepare for disappointment.

I didn't hate it, I just felt like some of the jokes could have been cut. Having humor is fine, it makes some movies better, but it kind of took me out of some of the scenes where I needed to take it seriously.

I said it and I'll say it again: WS is probably the most by-the-books Marvel movie to date. Just because it's by the Mediocre Spy Thriller book rather than the Quippy Action Comedy book doesn't make it groundbreaking.
But hey, almost no jokes, so it's the best.

Ant-Man deviated from the Hollywood norm much more than WS. But hey, story structure and plot is all that matters when judging a movie, right?

It's funny, because as I sat in the theater near the beginning-middle of the movie, I just couldn't stop thinking about how I was starting to get sick and tired of Marvel movies, how they all had the same tone, the same inability to not tell a joke every 5 minutes, lest the audience grow bored and angry that the superhero movie they're watching actually takes itself seriously for longer than just a few seconds. I really am starting to get sick and tired of the formula and I still really liked it. Would definitely watch again.

I hope we get more Kirby-esque superhero movies now or at least more superhero movies that allow themselves to be fucking crazy the way that movie was. I forgot to mention was one thing that I loved about the movie was how much of a weird genre fuck it was, similar to comic books. You have gods using alien technology, piloting alien ships, dogfighting in them, gods using modern day weaponry like guns and shit, etc. The movie absolutely nailed that post-modernity that's always been present in superhero comics, more so than maybe any other superhero movie. It's a movie that isn't afraid to be weird. If anything, it succeeded at that way better than the GotG movies imo, especially the first one.

And cut the copypasting too, will you?

Thor is built around Hemsworth rather than Hemsworth actually playing Thor.

>Never saw the second one, although I really want to now

Don’t

anyone have a link to the soundtrack?

So E

Its a tie

>Ant Man deviated from the norm
>Winter Soldier didn’t

Unironically kill yourself.

'k

>there's literally nothing in WS that hasn't been done better in other movies in the last 10 years alone
>Ant-Man has the best miniature action scenes since Honey I Shrunk the Kids and a creative form of diegetic narration
Why you so mad that you don't have arguments?

I can’t debate a retard.

Ragnorak is good because its the best Hulk movie

>I can't debate
That much is obvious. Listen it's nice that you think Winter Soldier was creative because it had less jokes than other Marvel movies, but it really wasn't.