Cute fanrart inspires you to watch a cartoon/read a comic

>Cute fanrart inspires you to watch a cartoon/read a comic
>The characters in the fanart were extremely out of character
>You enjoy the idea the fanart gave you of the story that the actual story doesn't have
What's their name Sup Forums?

that RWBY garbage perhaps?
Way too much good fanart for that sorry shit of animation

Homestuck

Not Sup Forums related but that happened to me with Full Metal Alchemist.
Do you have any idea of how many times I came with the Selim Bradley images/doujins that keep getting made? Then I watch the anime expecting a cute gay shota lusting for most main characters. What did I get? Selim Bradley appears on 3 episodes at most.

yeah. i saw homesick fan art before reading the comic. the art made the story and the characters so interesting and fun..holy shit was i misinformed.

Undyne was her name.

Is homestuck even any good at all?
I keep hearing shit about it being godly at first from multiple anons but it seems awfully suspicious, like their trying to bait someone into reading their shit just so they can add another whining fag to the stealth homestuck threads that pop up everyday.

I expected Weiss to have a foreign accent for some reason

What about Brotherhood?

This. Honestly. The amount of effort the fandom put into the fanon was astounding especially in regards to the trolls.

You're better off just reading Problem Sleuth instead.

how long is it

MOTHER
FUCKING
LAS LINDAS
Eat SHIT Mora.

You poor lad, I feel your pain. It doesn't help that Chalo does a pseudo-alternate universe with his Ask The High Prime Tumblr, she's much less of a bitch there.

I didn't even realize it was shit until I read through the second time.
It took the Webcomic Review to knock me out of my stupidity.
To be fair, I deserved this since the way I found it was through e621

I've heard knighthood isn't as bad

You can finish it in 1 day if you read fast enough
Well worth it.

alright then

I tend not to get into things that have an established fanbase, at least if I'm familiar with it. It's a combination of not wanting to be disappointed be finding something that's supposed to be great underwhelming, and not being interested because of spoilers.
The problem I have is getting into something, seeing a lot of out of character fanart between seasons, and then being disappointed when it comes back and I realize that I grew to like the fanart version better than the real one.

I expected Weiss to be a bitch with a heart of gold that would progress to be a good character and be in a lez relationship with Ruby.
I got just a bitch really.

Also, Jaune Arc.
I had in my mind he was the "zero-to-hero".
Like he would go from being a kid to this Jonathan Joestar/Kenshiro hottie.
I got a dumbass.

>reads doujins
>expects lewd parodies made to get people off to be like the source material

Not Sup Forums, but Overwatch.

OH HELL YEAH

Semi-related, I wanted more content after I saw the Teen Titans cartoon, but for fucks sake these comics are all insane.

See, I think you're probably autistic if you let randos on the internet seriously impact your enjoyment of something. What bothers me isn't seeing fanart that's out of character, it's seeing a new writer pick up a character I like and mess everything up. Pic not really related, since I haven't actually read any Nova stuff, but Tony sort of applies.

TT comics are notorious for being terrible most of the time.

Star vs the forces of evil

I got into SVTFOE because of actually. and I thought Starco was already canon.

I was not ready for what I found in those threads.

when will Star stab Marco to Death.

most undyne fan stuff is pretty in character

1. strong
2. fish

hopefully soon

i've heard homestuck described as having the highest highs and the absolute lowest lows of any webcomic ever made

there's great stuff and is definitely worth a read, but feel free to drop out at any point after troll romance is introduced

It's poorly written and takes hundreds of pages in order for something to happen. It's really not that great and you aren't really missing out on anything

The opposite happened with me. Before I knew what exactly fanfiction was I read a TT one that was extremely gay and gave Beast Boy a tragic backstory with an OC villain. I didn't find out until a lot later that said villain never existed and Robin x Beast Boy wasn't a thing.

Did they really not develope Jaune at all? They just left him a retard? That's like the easiest softball pitch of a story arc they could have done and they didn't do it?

Apparently they made him a sort of competent fighter and a strategist.

That’s gonna be Ghoul School for me, dawg.

Pride has to be a rare instance when said character is mainly featured in gay shota way over straight shota garbage.

Did you watch all 5 seasons, the movie, and the lost ep? Gotta make sure you actually caught 'em all, user.

This about sums it up.

This is such bullshit. The only accurate visual is the nosedive after cascade, otherwise act 5 act 2 was Andrew's magnum opus no matter how messy and inconsistent it was

Did you...not watch brotherhood?