Jean Grey could have lived to become a god. But it was more important to her that she die...a human

>Jean Grey could have lived to become a god. But it was more important to her that she die...a human.

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

dailywire.com/news/23096/attention-circles-back-director-bryan-singers-past-paul-bois
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Speaking of Dark Phoenix...

X-Men: Dark Phoenix actress, Jessica Chastain called out the film's producer, Bryan Singer as a serial child molester, tweeting out a Daily Wire article.

The article:

dailywire.com/news/23096/attention-circles-back-director-bryan-singers-past-paul-bois

I kinda hate how they revived her and made Jean not responsible for her actions. She works well as a villain.

Yeah they had Maddy AND Rachel just there to be used for Jean's role. Jean coming back basically ruined the future of two different characters, hell it forever made Cyclops the guy who left his wife and newborn at the drop of a hat to see his ex.

>singer's boner for twinks is why the casting has been an utter shit-show in these movies

This is news to you?

No. In fact there are more things I know that I've never posted on Sup Forums than there are things I know that I HAVE posted on Sup Forums. Point being, I wasn't posting it as if it was the product of a sudden revelation. Cunt.

Reminder X-Factor did this because of an obsession with reviving the original X-Men roster

In the "Sup Forums throughout history" files it would have been great to have Sup Forums in 1985 when that bullshit retcon happened and pissed on years of great stories for ANOTHER X spinoff.

Honestly? Can't have been much worse than the fucking 2010s.
Can't wait for the 20s. Those will be great. Especially if Disney actually buys 20th century Fox and Marvel finally stops sawing its own legs off.

You're right but the Jean retcon set the precedent for all of the bullshit we've had since.

>she die
Implying any popular superhero stays dead in comics

See:

Goddamn I can't even tell you how uninterested I am in seeing yet another adaptation of this story. One with Star Wars / GotG knockoff forced cosmic shit even less so.

X-Factor was an ok book, but it's entire basis shits on the main X book.

Yeah Bob Layton even got rid of furry blue Beast and brought back " I'm just a guy with big feet"

Fuck i forgot this

This is only a bad thing for furries.

I honestly don't understand that trope at all.
Humanity is overrated. Why do people in fiction who get godlike or just very potent powers always cling onto their humanity and those who don't are usually villains?

That wasn't Jean. It was Phoenix, an energy creature that created a new body mimicking Jean's after meeting her.

And why the lead ladies have been that "fierce tacticool badass" type and devoid of femininity.

it's more relate-able. You are the minority, bummer

By actually having the characters find and train new mutants?

It's not what the characters did, it's how they were written. Specifically ignoring a decade of Claremont's characterization.

Completely misunderstanding the point. It undoes Jean's death and her corruption as the Phoenix, retconning it all, then undoes the fact that Scott had been completely written out of the book, by starting a family. They then fucked up his character in the process and had Rachel turn into a villain. They did it just to bring back the original line-up and have yet another X book.

Maybe it's because I already knew how her story played out but I never cared for Madelyne Pryor or see her as anything but a Jean-clone. So I enjoyed original X-Factor despite the stupid mutant hunters premise.

You're like a rare unicorn amongst X-fans.

X-Men fandom will forever have a large block of Claremont era Madelyne Pryor waifufags who hate Jean for coming back, have hated the books ever since, yet are still reading, and Morrison- to AvX- era Emma Frost waifufags who hate Jean, don't want her back, and have bought into the revisionist history where everyone from Morrison onwards has portrayed Scott and Jean as a dysfunctional pairing that was holding Cyclops back.

it's kurt busiek's fault this shit happened. he gave them the idea because he want to be in tight with marvel management and though how cool it would be for the O5 to return again. fuck him

Dunno. The idea of re-uniting the original team as a traditional super hero team free of the decades of Claremont complex continuity is a good one. The way it was executed by shitting on that continuity, adhering to the ridiculous mutant hunting premise and the disjointed story telling that never really went any where is what killed it. It should have been the anti-X book but Marvel X-Men milking made it just another X-book.

I just realized you could do an X-Factor movie with the cast from the first movie