How come Nintendo never bothered with an ongoing series for non-Pokemon franchises...

How come Nintendo never bothered with an ongoing series for non-Pokemon franchises? It was successful for Sonic up until very recently.

Other urls found in this thread:

mariowiki.com/Super_Mario-Kun
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They did. Look up the Nintendo comics made by Valiant.

I meant ongoing as in still going on today.

Miyamoto

Because comics can only go so long before getting convoluted and just plain fucking stupid.

mariowiki.com/Super_Mario-Kun
They have them in Japan. Americans lost their right to make Mario stories after making a constant stream of terrible stories.

More specifically, the Super Mario Bros movie ruined everything.

Like it was originally intended to be the start of a significant partnership between Disney and Nintendo, but then it went off the rails and Disney tried distancing themselves from the movie by putting it under one of the various non-Disney labels on it.

And that's why they went to Universal with the theme park rights years later.

They have plenty of ongoing series but it's all manga.

Isn't there going to be an ARMS comic?

>Disney
>Nintendo

They really dropped the ball on that one. It's such a perfect partnership.

Wait. Disney made that movie? Shit! Why the hell didn't they just make an animated film? That would've been kino.

Explain how Sonic ran for so long then (without appealing to the dearth of games released between 95-99).

Because you don't waste Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper on voices.

>I never read a Sonic comic
>I don't understand why the longest comic tie-in is considered an anomaly
Name another video game comic. Then, note how many issues it lasted.

>before getting convoluted and just plain fucking stupid.
The Sonic comic was both of those things for a good 80 issues or so. It only ran as long as it did because Sega didn't care and when they started caring, they got a new writer to fix everything.

>Implying Dennis Hopper's voice coming out of Bowser wouldn't be amazing.

Fuck, you're right.

We needed more Super Mario Adventures.

The original fantasy film plans for Mario had Arnold Schwarzenegger as Bowser

Nintendo isn't very interested and the Super Mario movie was a huge stinking turd which flopped (even if Miyamoto isn't even that negative about it)

IS THAT A

>They acknowledge Paper Mario

Holy shit, I need to find translates of this.

I love that comic so much. That section with Peach and Luigi's shenanigans in the Koopalings Tower was the best part and way too short.

Viz Media are restricted to the manga that Nintendo allows them to translate.