>you can make fun of anyone except me
>I'm a comedian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGzvEqBvkP8
frinkiac.com/caption/S09E07/325524
youtu.be/xoho9I3B2II
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought Indians liked Apu.

>This comedian has been putting up with Apu for 26 years!

The only Indians I ever see are working at the Indian restaurant, or every single gas station in my town. No really, every fucking one is seemingly only has male employees of Indian descent. I don't know why I don't see them anywhere else, not even the schools.

Most of them do. This is one rabble-rouser using outrage to boost his visibility.

Indians only come over for post-graduate work. You'd never see them as a 4-year student except possibly as a TA.

SJWs don't talk to ordinary people. You need privilege and power and the connections that come with them to get their ear. And you need to tell them what they want to hear if you want to become one of their favored token minorities.

There are like a billion Indians on this planet. At least a FEW of them have to be able to be something other than doctors, restaurant workers, tech support, gas station clerks, or shitty comedians.

Here's the thing though, there isn't a problem with Apu. He's a stereotype in a show full of fucking stereotypes. And he's never been made fun of for being an Indian, his ethnicity is never the butt of the joke, his shady businessman antics are and there's an abundance of shady businessmen in The Simpsons. Do SJWs think?

>Do SJWs think?

By definition, no. Feels before reals.

They are also street shitters, as long as the street has been designated for human waste.

Don't forget convenient store clerks and cab drivers.

Where are the outraged scotsmen?

I really an starting to hate butthurt minorities. They think anything is some kind of insult, even on a show that insults everyone equally

Him being an Indian is sometimes a joke.

Like remember when Manjula was originally shown, she was a child.

You know, somehow I think the no true Scotsman fallacy may apply here.

>the problem isn't with apu the problem is that hes the only representation of indians and there is a lack of positive indian role models in culture
and who's fault is that exactly?

Scots don't care, offensive jokes are our bread and butter. We love Groundskeeper Willie.

>watch the standup act of the guy who made this documentary
>he's about as pleasant to watch as a modern Simpsons episode

I had an Indian friend and Apu was rarely brought up around him. If anything, a friend would bring up a restaurant called Ackbar and he would say to him "You're Ackbar now." He'd sometimes even say that to me. I having some Turkish ancestry may have something to do with it.

What's worse is that they seem to be demonizing Hank Azaria, at least that's how it seems in the trailer.

>successful business owner isn't a positive role model

youtube.com/watch?v=zGzvEqBvkP8

It doesn't seem so bad. He mostly just wants to rant about it.

that's one thing, and probably the only thing I like about your region of the world. You can say some really nasty things to strangers even and everyone laughs because its just a joke

the slightest disrespect to someone here and you end up fighting

This makes me think of how the Middle Easterners got it. Remember the '90s and the representation was Aladdin? Then in the '00s that completely changed?

And so was he, it was a marriage arranged by their parents

This guy looks like the biggest killjoy of all time. Like the kind of person who recites sycophantic lectures to himself every morning in case anybody tries to make small talk with him.

Why are white people responsible for providing role models for everyone else?

I like that episode where they form the neighborhood watch, and Apu wears that crazy Indian police uniform.

No, he wasn't. They edit it when it was reaired to shorten it during the week, but on Sundays they show the whole episode and had Apu as an adult then.

It's the episode where Apu is found out to be an illegal immigrant.

I don't even remember what that looks like.

Also, technically not in an episode, but that whole movie thing and in a scene where it looks like the hero was confronting the villain suddenly broke out in dance.

Don’t tell Sup Forumsumblr that, they have a severe case of autism.

You know why.

Actually, I think the argument is more of equal representation. The good and the bad.

Because blacks were too busy abandoning their children.

The one where Apu goes to live with the Simpsons. Bollywood movies do have a tenancy to randomly break out in musicals.

>Sup Forumsumblr
I see people here tear apart butthurt snowflakes more than any other board.

There are those moments just like how some people take Delete System 32 bait on Sup Forums

I know. I remember I used to see a programming block on a Spanish channel that had Indian movies and stuff and musical numbers were common.

I remember I watched a scene from an Indian movie with my Indian friend. It was an action movie and the scene was the hero was fighting two against one. The hero wins. Suddenly the next scene seemingly unrelated was a musical number.

frinkiac.com/caption/S09E07/325524

Looks like we had a retcon, I'll go back and watch much apu about nothing because I only vaguely remember what you're talking about

Also, that's where the scene is supposed to be, but it was deleted and shown in the clip episode starring Troy Mcclure.

Is the Simpsons and by extension Apu even relevant anymore? I mean this comes pretty late.

Because they love to claim that responsibility.

I at least read interviews where he talks about his viewpoint.

He's NOT saying to remove Apu from the Simpsons. He's simply saying that in the 80s, Indian representation in American television was largely nonexistent and the first real character that happened to be known also happened to be a stereotype. If this was still the 90s I think you guys could understand his frustration, and it still is mostly true. Cartoons tend to glorify Indians as being precocious, nerds who like math or who value strict structure, and being medically-inclined. It's not a negative stereotype, but it's still a stereotype. Sanjay or whatever his name is from Fairly Oddparents, the Indian kid from Phineas and Ferb who really, really likes math, etc.

Imagine if a group of people know you for one thing, and put that ONE thing above everything else. It isn't necessarily negative, but it overrides every other part of who you are. They tell you they respect you and it's clear that they're not antagonistic towards you, but in spite of the rest of your personality and what you can do, they keep insisting on seeing you in a certain way. Make sense?

Fortunately, because Indians are now gettin involved in shows' productions, we can get more intelligent and nuanced depictions of Indian characters on TV in the future, the trend is changing. And the sooner everyone's on the same page and the sooner all groups are given depth and nuance, the sooner we can all go back to making fun of everyone for their personalities, their bad decisions and their vices.

So in other words, stop using stereotypes because of wacism. No wonder most modern shows suck at humor. In the future there will be nothing to joke about.

>No wonder most modern shows suck at humor.
beacuse you're getting old

No, stop using stereotypes because it's lazy writing one step above fart jokes and produces inferior results.

There’s a reason why nobody on Sup Forums likes SU. Because it has nothing funny or unique about it. It’s just space lesbians and some fat kid who try to save the world.

I understand his point. But he advertises it in such a douchey way that it kills any interest I have in his platform and mostly see him for his abrasive behavior.

tbf that's the only way to get attention nowadays.

>Produces inferior results

Name one show after 2012 that wasn’t terrible.

Yes, we should look to the SJWs for their deft and masterful use of humor. Fuck you. I hope you die in agony.

But like that kind of advertising means the only people who will watch the documentary are people who already dislike Apu in the first place, and people that Kondabolu wants to inform on these matters will be turned off by the trailer.

>The only way to get attention is to be an easily offended numale poo

You know Indians instead of crying about Apu could fix the shitting streets problem in their country.

Don’t forget memes that only mentally handicap redditors would find funny.

No no, stop usin stereotypes because they're low hanging fruit. They've been used to much that there's no surprise or novelty to them anymore. Inevitably, audiences will grow tired of it and demand to see a more layered and nuanced comedy that's made funnier because of those layers of characterization. I don't think anyone's ever claimed the funniest joke in history was a depiction of a stereotype. They tend to be products of their time, dated. Like minstrel routines.

As for how people get their point across, that's a whole different ball game. I used to let stuff like that bother me, but found that the only person getting worked up was myself and that it distracted people from finding common ground. So I'll tend to sit through anything and, in the fashion of an eclectic, take what works and leave what doesn't. Trust me, it's an invaluable skill to have. And because I can put up with that, and people have SEEN that from me, I give myself a lot more wiggle room for them to put up with me.

The guy has a point but the way he's posing his argument is silly and thirty years too late. Like it IS an exaggerated voice and character but also probably the most innocuous version of the phenomenon one could have chosen. Apu's depicted as a family man and ingrained member of the community and a real friend to the simpsons. They make jokes about indian culture but it's rarely at the expense of it, hinduism is probably treated with more reverence than any religion on the show.

And what is the alternative? Make a character who is an immigrant, without an accent? Hire a diverse cast of people who all conform to the exact same American Monoculture? Is Apu even relevant anymore?

Why would I waste my time on someone is openly admitting that they have become a relic? It'd be like telling the 50 year old woman that the 80's hair band music she's locked herself into was never any good.

You've locked your own damn self into your small corner and society thanks you for it. Frees us of your shitty taste.

This was meant for

>Not enjoying transgender space aliens and Reddit memes is a bad thing

That’s the only humor you’ll pretty much get

>muh SJW boogey man
Please. Count how many good classic Simpsons jokes pivot around the character being a stereotype. The Simpsons was good because it had good writing. Not because they made a bunch of their originally-irrelevant background characters bland stereotypes and then were stuck with them.

Not that user, but tell me why.

India is fucking bursting with people and have their own -ollywood. If people just wanted representation of Indians, they'd watch their films. But they specifically way more Indian-Americans into roles even though statistically there are far more white Americans available. If a TV show in California opened a casting call for just, "We want a guy with this personality, we don't care about ethnicity!" and 500 people showed up, what percentage do you think would be Indian-American?.

You purchase your contrarianism at the dollar store? Because it smells like an off brand.

The Simpsons is literally a show with stereotypes. That’s why people enjoyed it, even Homer himself is a stererotype of the fat middle age dad. Now compare to SU where people openly mock for being dumb.

>anyone that disagrees with me is an conservative trump supporter
>look at my cool meme cartoons I'm so "hip" and "with it"
Pure cancer.

Is that the kid from the dominos pizza review gif?

>Unironically defending Reddit humor

Do you watch Young Sheldon as well?

Jesus Christ this image reaks of normalfaggotry.

You. You are why zombie Simpsons happened. You are why we can't have nice things.

I see you didn't even bother purchasing reading comprehension. "Who needs English classes when I already speak English?: Am I right?

>I know what im talking about

They had steroerotypes even back in the Bart the General days. The reason why it’s shit is because they ran out of ideas after making 32 fucking seasons. Trump jokes and other shit is the only thing they have left.

But Simpson WAS a show about stereotypes. user never said it was only stereotypes, but to deny that the show wasn't making fun of everyone in America from fat consumers who want a bacon wrapped steak burger at McDonalds to Indian convenience store clerks who get robbed everyday by an overly macho thug who mugs people when he needs fare for the bus is just denial.

>"We want a guy with this personality, we don't care about ethnicity!" and 500 people showed up, what percentage do you think would be Indian-American?.

I don't know. I don't know the population of Indian Americans in California. I live in the east coast. I don't even know the population in my own state. But, I guess more the point is, since they are a minority, that there wouldn't be that much.

Also, another thing I think that differentiants the woods in our respective countries is that Hollywood movies have a broader audience because it's more easily relatable to even foreign countries that Bollywood movies. They are more India centric and for awhile musical heavy. Nowadays it's my understanding that they moved away from that awhile ago.

So for the aforementioned, that's why I think India has a harder time representing themselves, Bollywood is having to compete with Hollywood.

>the sooner everyone's on the same page and the sooner all groups are given depth and nuance, the sooner we can all go back to making fun of everyone
Will never happen because the grievance-mongering IS the point. New and tinier minorities will be found or invented who supposedly need blowhards to champion them.

Here's the standup routine of the guy who made this documentary.
youtu.be/xoho9I3B2II

Plus a show dicksucking them only gives us mediocre results. Just look at the “masterpiece” a known Ed Edd n Eddy yoai artist gave us.

>say "the stereotypes in early Simpsons were originally lazy background characters and throw-away gags, but can you name very many good jokes that their stereotype is the joke?"
>you repeatedly say "there are stereotypes in Simpsons there are stereotypes in Simpsons"
You people are just plain not very bright and no amount of empowerment is going to change that fact.

>Watches the Video
>Hears nothing but terrible comedy and jokes that even Reddit is sick of

And you honestly think any of that is what made The Simpsons popular, revolutionary, and good?

Man, what a sad life. I'll leave you to it.

Yes you’re right, fuck storytelling we need more Reddit jokes, Queer stuff and Drumpf hating. That’s totally not why most modern shows are shit compared to older ones.

Looks like was right on the money with their response.

>bread and butter

How do you get wasted off that?

or Latinos

Jesus Christ, this guy sucks ass. No wonder he's going the outrage route to make money.

But user we wouldn’t want stererotypes now would we. That guy may suck ass but at least he’s not being racist about it.

We don't. We get wasted on bucky and fried mars bars.

Milo looks really into that chubby Indian dude.

Is all clapland humour just tumblr posts now? Because holy fuck, he's preaching more than he's taking the piss.

He’s a faggot who literally made a black guy just to prove he isn’t racist. What makes you think he wouldn’t want Pajeet to rip into his asshole.

>hahahahahaha those fucking non-white street shitters!!!! lol top kek #MAGA 14/88
>someone makes a joke mocking whites
>REEEEEEEEEE anti-white SJWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else notice how all this PC nitpicking has cropped up in just the last few years?

>Reeeeee Confederate statues are racist, tear them down
>Reeeeeee every man in Hollywood is a rapist
>Reeeeee Apu is a harmful stereotype

Nobody gave a shit about these things 5 years ago and suddenly they've all been caring about it forever now. Really makes u think

>Never said a word about jokes about whites and only mentioned space Trannies

Do frogposters know how to read?

Blame Universities on that, the boomers literally want us to be destroyed. I blame them for ruining what made the Greatest Generation and one’s before that so great.

Always thought it was weird. Literally the only indians in my town are the ones that work at the gas stations that aren't chains.

>hahahahaa damn, them white bois! *gif of black lady clapping* mmmmhm, it true do
>Someone makes a joke mocking blacks
>REEEEEEEE RAYCIST! HE WAS A GOOD BOI!

>Greatest Generation
>fight a war for ZOG and against the savior of this world

>HE BAD CUZ WHITEY DOES HIS VOICE
>*completely ignores that the only racist thing about apu is that hes Indian and works at a convenience store*

Phil LaMarr voiced Samurai Jack.

Someone needs to tell Hari to fuck off.

Makes you wonder who cleans those?

He is not worth grinding for 99 luck.

>taking Sup Forums seriously

lmao

Why don't you guys just stop looking for things to be offended about?