Coco

I cried like a little bitch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKvaeiieoak
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wanna see it, but I also dont want to sit through the 20 minute Frozen short, how tolerable is it?

>not wanting to watch rosa in that dress
Nigger what are you doing with your life

They took the short down when I got the chance to watch it.

Assuming you're also a mexianon you don't have to worry about the short.

But from what I've heard, the short's only really enjoyable if you liked Frozen to begin with. Else it's 20 minutes of annoying filler.

Is it that shit? Personally getting overdosed by this force pro-Mexican """"culture""""" agenda in current American media. Thos ugly dumb skeletons are especially annoying.

Pretty mediocre desu. Story was predictable as fuck, the character designs never stopped feeling 'off', and the emotional moments felt manipulative instead of feeling earned.

>pro-Mexican """"culture""""" agenda
I thought it was a "duh negro" agenda
It's mexican now?
I'm having trouble keeping track of all these conflicting agendas.

T. Triggered white boiz

I promise you that those dirty wetbacks aren't gonna hide under your bed and kill you at night you tremendous faggot. Not everything that's different is an attack against you specifically.

The style of the people and skeletons will never not look off to me, but I still want to see it.

I think it's trying to communicate

No, just thought it was a super meh movie.

You won't regret it. The designs do look off at first but as the movie goes on you get more or less used to them.

sit in the toilets for 20min then go into the theater

Yeah, no they don't. Movie suffers from Good Dinosaur Syndrome. The character models constantly look off, like they don't belong in the environment.

Honestly I feel the criticism of emotional moments feeling "forced" has become meaningless. I see that exact same phrase uttered for any movie that has any semblance of an emotional moment.

It's just too subjective and too cookie-cutter to feel like a criticism worth listening too. It's better to just admit the emotional moments didn't click with you.

Oh hey!, remember mexican culture is good because make us better citizens of the world, also (((The media))) loved it!

>Mexican product
>It's either about The Independence, or Dia de Los Muertos

I JUST WANT MY FRENCH INTERVENTION SHENANIGANS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>literally one movie about Mexican culture in a sea of capeshit and white people movies
>WAAH MUH NON-EXISTING CULTURE IS IN DANGER

I'm seriously sick of you pussies. Not memeing, kill yourself you worthless sack of shit.

It wasn't any worse than Inside Out or Toy Story 3 in that regard.

You forgot Ghost waifu and those "Huevos" movies.

I saw it yesterday, it was pretty decent, it's clear they made some good research about mexican culture before doing the movie, and I appreciated that, the music is great, the animation and art are pretty good, and despite of being funny about it it has a certain feel of respect for the source material. The plot itself is fine but holy fuck the climax is incredibly predictable, like every other Disney movie ever.
>ok we don't super like each other but let's stick together
>oh wow turns out we can actually be friends!
>aw what? you lied/cheated me on something? Hey, fuck you bro, we are not friends anymore
>aw I can't be mad at you, come on, let's take the big baddie together!

Like, holy shit that happened in Zootopia, at least 2 Toy Story movies, Finding Nemo, UP, Monsters University, etc. fucking stop it. Sadly I did cry in the end, as a mexican it just hits close to home, amigo.

The first two Huevocartoon movies are unironically good. Don't know about the third one but I lowkey wanna see it.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKvaeiieoak

Some one give me a quick plot rundown

Even worse, the movie is a blatant ripoff of an authentic mexican "dia de muertos" movie they tried to buy, C&D and bully beforehand
t. Actual mexican

>Implying the issue with The Good Dinosaur wasn't only its writing which was half assed as fuck, but also how badly promoted this was, how dull most of the movie was and how you couldn't give a damn about most characters, especially considering this was after that dumb Dinosaurs movie Disney did before (which did the same mistakes, actually).

Is this Simba/Kimba all over again?

I'm sorry Jose fucked your girl, user

>t. Actual mexican
you ain't fooling anyone, chicano

Look, nigga, we know that shit was too retarded and if someone told me the idea was of Ike Perlmutter I'd actually believe ya, but to be fair, the movie focuses in good aspects of the actual mexican culture, and while Book of Life was great, you could actually see that it was a spaniard, and sorta more comercial version of Dia de Muertos, just with more skeltals, plus, we mexicans aren't as interested with bull-fighting as you'd think.

Why don't you actually try to enjoy movies, though, dear user?

sounds like your average Pixar movie

>kid wants to be a musician
>family hates music
>kid disrespects family traditons during dia de los muertos
>kid ends in the land of the dead
>sheanigans ensue

dude, it's a cartoon

It's simple boy wants to be a musician but family wants him to be a shoemaker becase all of the family hates them as a tradition because the grandgrandfater of the boy left his wife and child to be a musician.
You get your standar ovbious red harring about who the grandgrand father is and the magic shit happens and the boy needs the blesing of his dead family to returnt to the world of the living before the dia de los muertos ends.
you discover true grandgrandfather then the dead bless him and he reunites with his family and come to an undertanding with them.
Fin

I started doing one but it's not short at all, like 3 maybe 4 full posts (like 6000~ characters), do I do it or not?

Do it user

god dammit, alright

Here it is, you have been warned
>miguel's family doesn't like music because his grand grand grandfather left his family for music
>he doesn't care, there's a talent show on dia de los muertos
>miguel then finds out his grand grand grandfather was Ernesto de la Cruz (super mega famous guitar player) Or at least that what it seems, the picture he finds has his body but not his face, more later
>grandmother (head bitch of the family) finds and breaks his guitar, (during this confrontation a photo of Miguel's grand grand grand parents that was in his family's altar is stolen away by Miguel)
>after running away from home because they broke his guitar miguel steals the one in Ernesto's tomb (he was buried in that same town
>steals the guitar, for some reason that takes him to the realm of the dead
>he finds his dead family, whom are terrified of him being there because he's a human and everyone else is a skeleton
>they take him to some sort of office where they take care of that stuff, her grand grand grand mother is there

Alright I have to make a pause here and explain that in order to go to the world of the living during dia de los muertos your family has to have a picture of you in an altar, otherwise you are being "forgotten" and if that happens during an unspoken amount of time you die again, but time for real for real
>Anyway, Miguel's grand grand grand mother is there because there's no picture on any altar of her (Miguel stole it, remember?)
>Turns out in order to go back to the world of the living one of Miguel's dead family members must give him their blessing, ez
>But they have to agree to the terms the family members gives them, whatever they might,
grand grand grandmother is a bitch and tells him he can go back but no more music
>yeah yeah whatever
>immediately breaks promise, back to the world of the dead
(1/?)

>Miguel figures fuck you family I'm going with ernesto so he can give me his blessing and I can be a musician
>shortly after running away from his family he meets Hector, he tells him he can take him with Ernesto but he would have to take a picture of him and put it in an altar, otherwise he will be forgotten
>By the way, the family is searching for Miguel, of course, and the grand grand grand mother has a really big panther with wings (alebrije) that is in charge of the search
>some things happen, Hector finds out Miguel has more family, meaning he could've gone back already and placed a picture of him on an altar
>they get separated, Miguel somehow makes it to ernesto's (he's throwing a party)

Another pause, Ernesto de la Cruz does a musical show every Dia de los Muertos morning, the party is before this event
>hey dude I'm your grand grand grandchildren, can I have your blessing?
>sure thing kid, let's have fun first
>[montage]
>Hector makes it to the party, after a short confrontation it turns out Ernesto and Hector were friends, Hector wrote all his songs but Ernesto killed him to become a star
>Ernesto figures oh shit if I let Miguel out of the world of the dead he's gonna tell everyone I'm a phony
>you know what? fuck it, Security, take this stupid as kid and his friend away, Ernesto keeps Hector's picture (ah yeah, in this confrontation Ernesto takes away Hector's picture)
>they throw Miguel and Hector in a Cenote (look that up)
>after talking the both for awhile it turns out Hector is Miguel's actual grand grand grand father
>Miguel's (And Hector's) family find them in the Cenote (like what the fuck there was no security there)
>they take them out and go search for the picture
>long story short they get it but Ernesto takes it back, they fight over the picture in a musical sequence (the morning show that I mentioned earlier) that's admittedly pretty good

Ok, and?

Dude don't forget that the reason Ernesto murders Hector (via a poisoned tequila shot) is because he wanted to return to Imelda and his daughter and was taking his songs with him. Since he died Imelda thought that Hector thought his music career was more important than his family, thus the ban on music was made.

>after getting the photo the last confrontation with Ernesto begins
>Ernesto basically wins, when he's giving his victory speech he's stupid enough to throw Miguel out of the tower (oh yeah, the party is in a big tower), he throws Hector's photo along with Miguel, by the way, that photo is lost for good
>funny, the morning Dia de los Muertos show is televised in the world of the dead, a camera set up by Miguel's family catches Ernesto doing and saying all this horrible shit
>remember the big panther with wings looking alebrije of earlier? He's here and not only does he save Miguel but he fucks up Ernesto (pretty bullshit, honestly)
>Since the picture is gone and the morning is coming, Hector starts to die, (the only person that remembers him is his daughter, Miguel's grand grandmother, and she's really fucking old), aka he's getting forgotten
>with his """"""last""""""" dying breath he gives Miguel his blessing, along with his wife (you know, the one that hates music), and their condition for the blessing is for him to never forget how much his family loves him
>D'awwwww
>Miguel is back in the world of the living,
runs hella fast to see if he can make his grand grandmother (her name is Coco (Socorro), by the way) remember Hector so he doesn't die
>she's so senile she doesn't remember shit,
but Miguel starts playing a song Hector wrote just for her
>Coco starts remembering, starts singing along
>everyone is crying at this point, including you
>Coco gets the remaining part of the picture from an old book, (you know, Miguel thought Ernesto was his gggfather because he couldn't see his face) BY THE WAY, this book has letters that Hector sent to Coco when she was little, with all the songs he wrote and Ernesto stole
>And there you go, it is indeed Hector in the missing piece of the picture
>fast forward a year later
>they told the media about the book with the letters of the songs and turn their house into a museum for the real hero, Hector

Isn't the movie extremely short, and the frozen short is just to make up for it?

>everyone likes music now
>Miguel is teaching her new sister (i guess she was born in the timeskip) about all their deceased familiars
>her Miguel's grandmother places a new picture,
is of Coco
>time to cry again
>cut to the world of the dead
>Hector is "alive", Coco is now there with them,
and Hector finally gets to go to the world of the living during dia de los muertos
>Oh yeah, and Ernesto is mocked a little on his tomb
>End

That's what I've heard. I was a bit wary of the movie's runtime but I think it's alright. It doesn't feel rushed and since it's short by today's standards not much was dragged out.

I think there was another reason as to why the Frozen short was put in there, though. The movie releases in late November in the US so maybe it's some sort of early Christmas special?

bump

well that's interesting

I feel like I'd have to watch it to understand it better though

Hello false-flag.

Short's good. I can live with short. If it's going to be yet another black duckling family drama hinging on an emotional climax, better to be short than meandering.

It was that bad?!

>Black
We call'em prietos here, because "negro" is an offensive slur we use when someone is extremely prieto (because being "negro" is a bad thing here in mexico)

try living in LA, its like having the worst parts of mexico crammed down your throat every moment of the day. Demographics at my kids school and every school within 20 miles are 90% hispanic, 90%. Whatever though, mexicans here will not go see pixar. They like stupid shit like minions and eating crap with flaming hot cheetos crunched in.

>t. Actual mexican
Daily reminder that chicanos aren't actual mexicans and are in fact descendants of Mexico's version of niggers, in fact I bet that many chicanos will get triggered because of this movie, they don't even know what real mexican culture looks like.

Mexicans are complacent in sending their "not real mexicans" to America so in reality you're both niggers. Of course we could have just as easily come that conclusion by looking at what you pretend is a decent nation.

>LA
If there's a special kind of chicano we hate the most here in mexico are the ones that are in that hell hole known as california.

Why do you guys think you're different?

What do Mexicans think about Trump trying to send that garbage back?

but the worst chicanos are the ones that do have american citizenship, how are going to get rid of those?

Gods work, also why the fuck people in the US think is wrong to deport illegal people? Hell we use central americans as fucking cannon fodder for the narco shit.

fire

Your miserable gag does not funny user

> Serious face.

Because the entirety of the political left relies on nonwhite immigrants to keep their voter base in check while the treasonous (large) portions of our political right want cheap labor and to do what Israel tells them which is let in more incompatible foreigners. You ever look up the ethnic makeup of voters in the USA? The only reason the conservative party exists is because of white people. More browns = More votes for the left, it's why open borders is such a top priority

So the left shrieks "racism" as they always do and the right talks about "muh real american values" while conveniently forgetting that the founding fathers were literal white nationalists.

I don't care how good it is
I will see it only 22 minutes, get the fuck out and build a great wall in front of theater toilets.
Non of any Mexican can pee in US toilets anymore.

>More browns = More votes for the left,
Heh. This position is going to come back and bite them in the ass. Assimilation whitens. A lot. More Latinos voted for Trump than for Romney, in absolute and relative terms.

It won't at all. The lobotomized, castrated "conservative" party has tried for decades to appeal to browns and have lost on every venture. All the left needs to do is wave free government money and to coax anti-white sentiment and the browns bend. More latinos voting for Trump than Romney is due to the opposition hoisting up Clinton. Statistically speaking the nonwhites that vote red are nothing but exceptions.

We also have to realize that nonwhites have always and will always have more children than white people do and with the white population already dwindling (thanks to panda syndrome and feminism) all the left needs to do is hold onto as many browns as they have and continue pushing the idea that punishing illegals is racist.

>I'm not racist, I just love tacos and burritos and those wacky skellingtons Mexicans are such a cute but helpless bunch of people they need our guidance against the Nazi you know.

Thanks user I might check it out

Shit movie

>Mexican represented in American media
>day of the dead
>mariachi
>Mexican wrestlers
This can't be all we got going for us...

triangle food
tiny dogs
pinata
novelas
cactus
tatata tatata tatatataa
gohan blanco

I feel like the only Pixar movie that had emotional development that felt earned was the incredibles, toy story, and maybe finding nemo?

narcos?

THE JEWS DID IT!!!!!!!

add to that the anoying MURRICAN pop songs that pop up for no reason

>Sending
I don´t get this meme
>we could have just as easily come that conclusion by looking at what you pretend is a decent nation.
>Decent nation
>BE AMERICAN
>WALK OUTSIDE
>GET SHOT
Don´t act like your country is not becoming a shithole m8

It's the eyes for the skeletons which are a problem. The Book of Life did it right by just making them flowing lights. In Coco they gave the skeletons their human eyes which is jarring.

The skeleton characters are fucking ugly. Why do they have eyeballs?

>never watched Frozen
>not because disinterest or being a contrarian, but I wasn't available to see it in theaters at the time, and no one has ever sat me down to watch the movie

And I'm weird with movies, had a hard time watching them by myself and usually need one other person around, but eh. So if I'm gonna sit through a 20 minute Frozen short, should I just finally watch the movie?

You ever wonder if Aladdin was made/released today what people would say about it?

or expand on why it was forced.

Is Goku in it?

>because being "negro" is a bad thing here in mexico
It´s a funny slur and a nickname to those with very dark skin, no such a thing as a bad thing, we don´t have the faggy sensitivities the gringos have, lets not forget our beautiful slur:
>Nigger: Negro o Pinche Negro
>Guatemalans: Cacos
>Asians:Chinos o pinches Chinos
>white girls: guerita
>Indians: Indio o pinchi indio
>Goku: El Kokun
>Oaxacan: Oaxaquita o Oaxacaquitas
And lets not forget some celebrated daily used phrases:
>¨Trabajo como negro para vivir como blanco": I work like a nigger to live like a white boy.

I only agree with The Incredibles, but then again I think that movie is by far their best.

>You ever wonder if Aladdin was made/released today what people would say about it?
Well Disney is going to release the Remake next year with full pajeet cast and Nigger King Will Smith, the movie is not even out yet and the snowflakes already called Disney for whitewashing because they casted ONE white boy as a minor character, posibly a shitty CGI character. And all because ¨FUCK WHITE PEOPLE, AM I RIGHT YALL?¨
Murricans are eating eachother out for the dumbest of reasons.

Saddly no m8, not even Seiya is in it, but we got some nice of El Chavo and El Chapulin Colorado cameos

and they want to influnece this on other countires as well.

Y'know all these mexican narco shows? that shit is overdone

I'm writing an alternate history in which the mexican revolution failed, those marxists were kicked out of the country and Porfirio's successor was a liberal in line with his thinking, and they managed to make Mexico a first world nation.

Salías del templo un día, llorona
Cuando al pasar yo te ví

The movie is missing something...

it's already about an "illegal"immigrant

Snake?

>le funny dogo sidekick
I want this movie to flop already

Ehh, he wasn't that bad.
At least he didn't talk and had little screentime.

xolo dogs are cute, cute!

I love 'em.
I saved one a few months ago, but had to give him away because I live in a small apartment and I already have two cats and a small doggo. Kinda regret it because he was such a lovely guy.
Oh well, at least he has a nice home.

>that tiny truft of har on ther heads.

sphinxes (bald cats) have it right above their noses.
i wonder why it is ike that.

It wasn't that bad, it's just a sports movie with Toto (the rooster) becoming a cock fighter, the most annoying part was Facundo as a Sean Paul ripoff and Omar Chaparro as a duck eggs who teaches martial arts, everything else is just like the other 2 movies

Fuck you, the good dinasour was good and it's on the top of technical achievements for Pixar

I've read and seen some material of that movie, but believe me, they could have made a more realistic and down to traditions movie and they are doing basically a Straight to Video cartoon at it's best.