I see a lot of people who are nostalgic for EARLY 2000s cartoons. However...

I see a lot of people who are nostalgic for EARLY 2000s cartoons. However, I don't really see anyone nostalgic for LATE 2000s cartoons. Why is that?

Because they're too busy writing bad Fanfiction.

Pretty much anything new after 2004 or so was terrible.

>Transformers Animated
>Terrible

There were none. In 2007, there was a crash in the American economic system caused by a housing bubble bursting that resulted in economic conditions unfavorable to producing very many cartoons. Costs were cut by producing either live action shows (CN Real) or really horrible 3D computer animation that no one is going to be nostalgic for. This led to a fallout amongst creation studios that saw the best talent finding something else to do and leaving networks dry on creative works.

There's no doubt there was some good things to come out of this period, but there was no question that there were far fewer shows in the pool to pick from, and so the overall nostalgic feeling isn't as great as say the Disney Afternoon or early Cartoon Network nostalgia.

Also, you can't feel nostalgia for something that happened less than ten years ago, it takes time to age and find out what ages well and what doesn't.

Because it's only been ten years. Not really long enough for nostalgia to truly set in.

Because cartoons started getting bad around the late 2000s. You had Cartoon Network dark age around that time.

Because alot of them were shit. Im the target range for late 2000s nostalgia because thats when i got more freedom to watch cartoons, but even then i hated the 2000s and wish to be back in the 90s again.
This was godtier though

I know people like to speak generally, but I can't stand seeing TFA lumped in with shitty late 2000's cartoons

I enjoyed Chaotic. I liked the politics between the four tribes.

Too recent to be nostalgic, the nostalgia cycle is 15 years minimum

This place may be full of newfags, but not THAT full

This is more like mid 00s.

because youngfags who grew up with late 00s stuff aren't on Sup Forums yet, and the rest of us were on Sup Forums and discussing them when they aired so we don't have much left to say about them

But it was terrible

The character designs could've been better

You mean "retro". Are you trying to say that you can't have nostalgia for a time as recent as just one year ago?

as a person yes but as a culture no

This

It takes 15 years at least for a car to be considered classic

>Also, you can't feel nostalgia for something that happened less than ten years ago, it takes time to age and find out what ages well and what doesn't.
This, it took till 2015 or so for early 00s nostalgia to metastasize, give it a few more years.

Because people don't want to remember their cringe years. If they did then a lot of stuff would change.

Because early 2000s cartoons are still running in the late 2000s

There's a fair amount of shows that began around 2007 or so that just ended over a last few years ago (and are still in regular rotation as a result) or are still going.

In about five years or so, you'll start seeing people be nostalgic over watching Phineas and Ferb with Regular Show and Adventure Time coming a bit later.

Even if that were true, which it's not, that's not the complete sum of a show's qualities

It's both. It ran from 2002 to 2007. 2 years in the early 2000s(02-03), 3 years in the mid 2000s(04-06), and 1 year in the late 2000s(07).

We've only recently shifted from "90s kid" to "90s kid who considers early 00s to still be the 90s" phase. I'd give it another year or two before we get into the 00s kid era.

>"90s kid who considers early 00s to still be the 90s" phase
See, I've actually seen people now consider the early 2000s their own thing, but for some reason they consider 2004-2006 things "early 2000s" even though they're mid 2000s.

If you don't think cartoons peaked in the mid-00s, you have objectively shit taste.

Mid-2000s cartoons often had the best scores, most interesting plots and/or most humorous dialogue, and the most accomplished "cinematography" of any visual media. The best were stunning works of art and imagination.

Then, everything changed when postmodernism attacked.

>W.I.T.C.H.

Yes? It's the magnum opus of Western animation!

And it's mid-2000s. Just goes to prove my point.

You say this, but...

I have no idea what that is, and I don't think I want to find out.

Really?

Yes, really.

Well too bad. It's an unbelievably-mediocre and vapid Disney Channel cartoon from 2005 called "The Buzz On Maggie" that lasted about a year before getting the shaft, presumably due to how bluntly unremarkable it was. It's a shame, too, because the concept of an insect-run society residing in a garbage dump has so much creative potential, but they just didn't do anything cool with it at all, or at least not anything at least somewhat interesting. The style and feel of the show are painfully generic, and the animation is essentially just one step above something like Homestar Runner. As for the humor, it mainly relies on tired cartoon tropes that everyone on the place of the planet has seen a million times, and not even in an original way most of the time. Maggie Pesky herself is a pretty great character, though, and her design is also really cute. She's basically the only aspect of the show that makes it watchable, along with her friend voiced by Cree Summers.

Where did I say that all mid-2000s cartoons were good, dumbass? I said just about all cartoons afterwards are bad - that is not the same thing.

I'm just pointing out an exception here. But seriously, the mid-2000s? Perfect? The '40s would like to have a word with you.

I did NOT say "perfect" either, but it is certainly the best era. It's the ONLY era, in fact, which has digital ink and paint (a requirement for great animation), great character design, and amazing writing - the latter two largely borrowed from anime, of course.

Classic cartoons have nostalgia value, and some are even still fun to watch today (mostly the more obscure ones though, many popular classic cartoons are pretty shitty objectively speaking). But mid-2000s cartoons are, on average, on a whole other level compared to those of ANY other era.

Witchautizt is annoying

Everything was mostly terrible until Chowder and Flapjack, who were the precursor to CN's revival.