Was it necessary?

TV Tropes seems to REALLY hate it, for some reason.

Nobody should care about what those dumb asses believe.

I liked her with the glasses more too, so I don't blame them.

Unpopular opinion:
I wasn't a fan of Spectacular's take on Gwen.

Why?

I dunno what else they could do with Gwen, I think the concerned, nerdy, naggy route was the only road they could take.

Tv tropes is just pining. A lot of girls come out of their shells and become more attractive in mid High School.

They've always been attractive. The puberty just makes you realize it.

IMO this type of "transformation" actually does make the girl look much more attractive, though.
Not sure why many guys think it's unnecessary.

Not really, a lot of them grow into their bodies and get a better sense of style. Style is fucking huge from everyone 4-7/10

Speaking of which, TV Tropes also complains it made her look like a "blonde MJ". Personally, I don't really see it.

Well it was definitely the case with early Ultimate Spider-man

What is that, a comic for ants?

Same. Also never been a fan of nail polish. Especially not the distractingly blocky way that SSM stylized nail polish.

If you don't think the OP pic is far more attractive than pic related, I really don't know what to say.

holy shit the new one is a huge improvement

user, you have no idea how much I'm into the frumpy plain jane look. If given the option I'd choose your image over OP 11 out of 10 times.

user, she still looks "plain", at least IMO - a pretty ordinary, attractive girl. Just not frumpy.

Also, if you're like 99% of those types of guys, you don't like the look, you like the personality you implicitly assume hot girls don't have. But her personality didn't actually change in the slightest after she got hot, at least not in the few episodes we got to see her keep that look.

>women
>personality
ayy

Is bitchiness part of personality?

Because that's what I'm talking about.

No. I know hot girls have that sort of personality. It's just looks-wise I'm not into hot girls and I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be other than others saying "Well, they just look better." Which has almost never been true in my experience. Hot girls are good friends and are often great people to be around. But the frumpy type is the kind of lady I'd rather be with when it comes to aesthetic and romantic attraction.

You could start with “I am a giant faggot with shit taste who likes to suck cock after it’s been in my ass”

>caring about Gwen Stacy
>any year
Yes, yes, the editor fucked up. Just pretend that Osborn is stammering

>faggot
>attracted to girls
Look man, I see girls like and all the time. Only one gets me going, and it's not the latter. Capeesh?

Considering that OP's pic is the middle ground between nerdy and not-Sally, it's a perfect balance.

>he doesn't realize we're talking about cartoon SSM Gwen Stacy, who is almost a completely different character

Still Gwen Stacy, still deserves to die.

What do you have against her that you hate her so much?

Her fans.

This one is superior.

ant man

I think you have a warped view of what constitutes "frumpy."

Was what necessary? The love triangle with her, Peter, and Liz? Because we all know Liz deserved better.

Why? Genuinely curious.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Seriously, give me a version I can actually read
Are you saying isn't frumpy? WTF
Liz a shit

Seriously, she's a bitch.

Too fucking generic and dull.

how did they make her hair longer?

Are you referring to pre- or post-makeover? Or both?
And why?

TVtropes should be complaining about this show's hideous art style instead.

They just copy pasted Ultimate MJ onto her.

They actually complain about OTHERS complaining about that. No, I'm not joking.

You're not giving any reason why it was wrong to do so...

bump

Is any version of Spiderman better than SSM? It was so fucking great.

I don't know she is too different from the comics, she has to be cute and innocent and in this show she was forgettable in every way.

But she's cuter and more innocent in this show...?

She isn't, and she can't be more cute and innocent than the original.

You're gonna need to back that up, because to me (and apparently just about everyone else) the original seems much closer to MJ in personality.

bump

I'd say it's more of a case of everyone in the cartoon having the same facial design

Except they clearly do not.

It's even more obvious in shots like and

I meant the 616 version from the comics, she is the best. And seriously in the spectacular cartoon Gwen sucks.

OPs is longer and a hair band isn't holding that much up

Why are you assuming the two pics are even from the same episode, retard?
Also it's not much longer, slightly at most.

>Why are you assuming the two pics are even from the same episode, retard?
Because here it just sounded like they made her over, and that's it. Western cartoons don't usually do stuff with time passing and hair growing naturally. Sounded like after they made her over they just changed her model a bit, and assuming that it seemed weird it'd extend.

OP's pic fooled me, it appears much longer when you fill in blanks.

Spider-Man Unlimited

Except SSM had the best fight choreography of any spider-man show by far. Actually the best Marvel cartoon by far.

>Western cartoons don't usually do stuff with time passing
You're not watching the high quality ones, then.

Yeah, shows like ____ and ____.

I don't understand, do you want me to fill in the blanks? Because there are plenty of cartoons like that, just not very new ones.

How does she look in the new show?

Shitty.

Do you need them?

Yes!