They are not releasing the RT score until the movie is actually in theaters

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

IT'S REALLY GONNA BE 200% GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Holy fuck. I initially thought this was something cooked up to pump up RT's views. But this is nothing more than WB doing as much damage control as they possible can. Holy FUCK.

You know you could just look up some initial reactions by critics. No need to wait for your confirmation bias and opinion to be validated.

DC characters can't translate to live action. It's obvious and no one will say it. They fits cartoons and animation better.

That cover reminds me of Batman & Robin.

Factually incorrect. This becomes available at 12:01AM ET, while the movie won't be in theaters until later that day.

>The only other big movie this year that held off showing the RT score until release was The Last Knight, which has a 16%

Isnt tgis just for that shitty event RT is trying to pull by hopping on the DCEU is doomed train?

Or the studio working on the films don't know what they are doing. If fucking Groot and Rocket, and Antman can work, there's no excuse a fucking JL film can't.

they would've released it if it was a good score.

So who's actually going to see this shit show?

Holy fuck, I had no idea it such a low aggregated score. I know those numbers are misleading, but still. Guess all that shit about China gorging on big dumb action movies really was just a meme.

How long until Geoff Johns shoots up WB executive offices? A man can only take so much.

I've got Thor tickets to sneak into it with.

idk

you know that old cliche about Marvel having their characters based in "science". well its easier to translate that shit to the big screen in modern times than it is for more fantasy-based escapades unless they heavily water down the characters.

Though I'll give you the Rocket and Groot thing. Idk, I feel like Flash and Shazam and whoever would look bad and are too cartoony for a live action movie. Also, people are tiring of capeshit and the same thing over and over again, so I'd rather DC pick unique characters and make stand-alone franchises. Like Swamp Thing, Doctor Fate, Question, Metal Men, etc.

>Also, people are tiring of capeshit
I'm getting tired of hearing this year after year after year. Because they really aren't.

>DC characters can't translate to live action.
I could've sworn they had the no.1 superhero movie this year in the US, both critically and financially.
Not to mention DC actually made movies for decades, until Marvel managed to get one in theaters.

I feel like we've reached critical mass. All the Marvel movies feel like the same shit over and over again, the Netflix stuff had really great potential but squandered it quickly, and the DC movies suck ass. The hype has significantly worn off, especially compared to even a couple of years ago.

I feel like DC is wasting their time doing a cinematic shared universe, particularily when it's harder for their characters. The nature of their universe is different standalone characters with their own universes sort of meshed together, and even in the comics all the wrinkles havent been fully sort out. I would rather see WB a handfull of unique unconventional characters with potential (like Swamp Thing, or Question or whatever) and build great solo movies/franchises out of that. That would be very refreshing and a nice change of pace.

>we
we being fucking who? Sup Forums? do you see Ragnarok box office? That's the SEVENTEENTH movie in the MCU.

No one is getting tired of it.

Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman have all had great live action film adaptations. The current DCEU crew is just shit for the most part.

My friends make it an event to go see every new capeshit film. So unless I want to be the stick in the mud on a Friday night, I guess I'm going.

That user is also assuming the MCU is like some fucking star that's going to collapse in an instant and Marvel is going to take some massive massive loss. If anything, using the "formula", Marvel is just going to start getting lukewarm releases instead of raging fires of opening weekends.

You sound like a jaded businessman. Are you sure you're not a brainlet WB employee?

HOLY FUCKING LUL

>they're making an entire event out of awaiting JL's rotten tomato score

OH NO NO NO...

DC PAYING OFF RT

12 PERCENT RT SCORE

BEN AFFLEK SUCIDE BOMBS WB HQ

GAL GADOT JOINS THE PALESTINIAN GENOCIDE FRONT

>DC characters can't translate to live action
That's bullshit and you know it. Anything can be translated into any medium, as long as the artist behind it has a strong vision, knows the material he's trying to adapt and the medium he's translating it toward well and can work with or around the flaws presented by one medium over another. A competent, inspired filmmaker helped by an equally competent and driven team of actors, scenarists and so on could realistically make a great Justice League or Superman or Green Lantern or The Question or whatever other hero or villain you want movie.

after Infinity War, I think people will be less invested in the franchise, and there will be only so much of the formula Marvel can continue to milk

When was the last time Superman had legit good representation/adaptation in live action film? Henry Cavill is terrible and its impossible to do a reboot so soon.

Batman is one of those character who lends himself slightly more, and Wonder Woman had to take some licenses with how they adapted her (though I always thought she was easier to translate than Superman, Shazam, Flash or characters of that mold).

DC has a whole host of lesser known characters that can easily be turned into good movies. Why they keep insisting on going back to the same two characters over and over again is mind-boggling, and Wonder Woman showed you can do something different.

>BEN AFFLEK SUCIDE BOMBS WB HQ

>GAL GADOT JOINS THE PALESTINIAN GENOCIDE FRONT
kek

>Wonder Woman had to take some licenses with how they adapted her
Unlike the Marvel characters that are 100% like their comic book counterparts, right¡

They turned a character who venerated Athena and Hera and Aphrodite into the secret weapon in Zeus' all-girl hit squad.

Turning Diana into the ultimate weapon of the most womanizing patriarch in all of mythology is quite a turn for the character.

Skeleton jew has already gencoded a bunch of Palestinian kids. This is noth

Character like Green Lantern, Flash, etc look ridiculous in live action, because those characters are inherently cartoony and products of their time, and unlike certain other characters, the more you try and change it up, the more you stray away from the essence of the characters.

That's DC's biggest problem.

>Anything can be translated into any medium, as long as the artist behind it has a strong vision, knows the material he's trying to adapt and the medium he's translating it toward well and can work with or around the flaws presented by one medium over another.

That's why they should give up on Justice League, shared DC universe and just focus on making great solo character movies and franchises. Adam Strange would be a great sci-fi movie. Swamp Thing would be great. Metal Men. Question. I can go on and on. Pick and adapt lesser known characters and tell new stories.

I'm sure they can, but the cinematic universe so far has been handled so poorly.

(OP)
Fucking HACKS just needed to fucking pull themselves together and make a fucking OKAY movie. Just. Fucking. OKAY. And they can't even fucking do that.

There's a fucking legion of fans waiting to dump unseemly amounts of money for a movie experience that simply boils down to mediocre. Something they can simply leave theaters from without a sour taste in their mouth. Without needing to scratch their heads in confusion. Without a fucking word to even fucking defend what they just saw to their normie friends. It doesn't need to be a master piece, it just needs to be fucking okay.

How the fuck can they NOT MANAGE THIS?

How long has it been since you've read a Wonder Woman comic, if you ever did, that is?

And again, how is that different from what they've done to Marvel characters?

>How long has it been since you've read a Wonder Woman comic
Listen here little nigger. I've been reading Marvel and DC since the '70's. So you can fuck right off with that "when's the last time" shit.
Azz Wonder Woman was a brief thing, that DC basically relegated to Elseworlds status. She's not the WW of television, cartoons and 99% of comics.

The difference is that the MCU has kept to the core principles, values and motives of their characters.

DCEU is headlined by Manchild of Autism, Shoot-first-ask-no-questions Iron Bat, and Zeus' hit-girl. These characters bear almost no resemblance to their mainstream interpretations for the last 50 years. They are basically shitty OC.

>a giant walking talking stick that only says one word but is understood and can communicate witha talking raccoon
>A guy who when he gets angry turns into a giant ogre that yells all the time
>A guy who dresses as an ant and grows 20 meters
>A giant purple humanoid alien with a golden glove that gains its power from different colored stones
yeah but a guy who can run really fast is ridiculous

Oh no no noo

Its not that Flash's powers are ridiculous, it's his look. And when you're trying to fit that into a universe like DCEU, it looks godawful.

The main issue is that the DCEU has been crafted and guided by people who are either utterly indifferent to the DC mythos, or are openly contemptuous of it.

Comic book Flash looks no more ridiculous than comic book Thor.
DCEU Flash is flat out stupid looking. He looks as if the costume designers spent all their time doing blow, woke up with only 4 hours to present a costume, and threw some scraps together and spray painted it red.

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0

>when the tomatometer drops

So who/what should we generally blame on DCEU being shit except for WW?

I believe that trying to make a movie based around people that dress up in costumes and fight other people dressed up in costumes "realistic" is completely mental.
this

100% snyder and anyone who disagrees is a snyderfag and anyone who says Marvel because "DC is copying Marvel" needs to be euthanized for severe mental illness

You fucking idiots it's rotten tomatoes that isn't dropping the score to promote their new tv product shit. The embargo is lifted tomorrow still.

>Zach Syder
>The writers
>cast
>crew
>WB entertainment

>Comic book Flash looks no more ridiculous than comic book Thor.

Thor is waaaay easier to adapt to live action than Flash, just on face-value alone. How do you even explain why Flash's suit is the way it is, particularily for someone who is all about motion?

And Thor fits in with the tone of the MCU. I agree with you DCEU Flash looks awful, but it speaks to not knowing/caring about what to do with the character.

Idk who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to start a shared universe with Zack fucking Snyder. Everyone knew he was a hack and he bombed with Man of Steel.

I don't think they could have chosen a director that's more removed from Snyder's style than Whedon. The reshoots are sure to make this film a hilarious mess.

Their bullheaded insistence on having their crossover cinematic universe RIGHT THE FUCK NOW! Wonder Woman gave almost no shits about that and just told its story, and whaddya know! People actually liked the fact that it wasn't an incoherent mess of a movie solely made to jerk off some future crossover potential.

it's going to be a good movie guys

the flash is funny with the awwk-waaard moments

Aquaman is all cool slang saying things like "my man!" to cyborg, who is black so it makes the slang more cultural

batman is like "uuuuummmmm, no?"

gonna be such a funny movie

somebody screencapture this, you will see

EDIT: forgot to type captcha, sorry

The Flash actually makes a Pet Sematary joke when him and Cyborg are digging up Superman

zack snyder was too emo but now it's going to be hip and self ware like Gaurdains of the galaxy, can't wait

>"Everything is going to be alright."
>Narrator,"Everything was not alright."
It's ok to be hopeful user, that's what superman would have wanted.

If Wonder Woman were an MCU film, it'd be held in the same tier as Dark World and Iron Man 2.

It's given a 7.5 out of 10 by Critics because Patty Jenkins needed an Atta-Girl! for breaking into the hot new genre as a Gurl Director.

It's propped up on Sup Forums by DCfriends who are simply relieved it wasn't complete dog shit.

It takes the outlines of First Avenger and Thor, and mashes them together while leaving out the good bits of either film. It has F.A.'s watered down period war bits but substitutes the genuine heart of Rodgers and Erskine for Pine's ham and stupid, pointless supporting characters.

It makes use of Thor's mythical fish-out-of-water theme but kills off all the mythology in backstory, makes Themiscyra dreary, and the Evil God nemesis silly and craptacular.

Gettin awful tired of DCfriends pushing WW as a great movie; if it had a different company logo they'd be taking enormous shits on it.

"I gotta say, it's fantastic"
"... say that again."
"It's fantastic"

Man, all I wanted was dumb comic book movie based on the heroes of my childhood. I can deal with it being mediocre at best but this seems to be a big fat mess in every regard. Writing, acting, directing, planning, reshooting with Joss Whedod, fat Batman, CGI mustache Superman....

how the fuck do you know lol its not out yetALSO ITS SPELLED CEMETERY EVEN I KOW THAT AND IM RETARDED

Isn't it a school night? What are you doing up so late?

or how about translatable to live action without making it look extremely cheesy/corny/lame that the audience just tunes out?

>Thor is waaaay easier to adapt to live action than Flash, just on face-value alone.
Thor is a long haired Viking who throws himself through the air with a hammer.
That is in no way easier for casual audiences to accept than the Flash. And non-comic readers had already been prepped for Flash by a TV show, and two uses of Quicksilver in movies.

I am getting hella nostalgic for the denny's menu

honestly the food made the movie worth seeing

It's spelled 'Sematary' for the book you underage

I dropped out, christmas break yall

PS waiting 30 seconds between posts suuuuucks

>when the random asian guy in first avenger has a more memorable line that even Wonder Woman does in her own movie

I had the human torch skillet, was quite good tbqh

Oh shit you're righ---syke!

Gonna be pretty funny if Movie Flash looks shit compared to TV Run Barry Run Flash.

Can even Jason Momoa's fantastic body save this movie?

>dish based on black guy
>big suasage

lol

Wb

Blame them for hiring synder who despite all his flaws, was really just doing what he does. He wasn't the man for the job, but nobody sane would turn down the chance to be the DCEU showrunner. He's an edgelord who had no business directing a superman movie nor a comic universe. Any other movies he's done makes that obvious, especially watchmen.

Blame wb for not taking their time to make good solo films before their big team up. They tried to do the marvel thing super fast and its been mostly shit because of the rush to get JL out before the superhero fad burns out happens in the next couple years like everyone knows it will.

Blame wb for not learning from MoS and BvS and just blindly marching on because they promised everyone a JL movie before they sold any tickets or really had any coherent plans for the universe.

It wouldn't surprise me if the whole operation at wb was run by a computer poorly programmed to maximize profit.

The accountant is in the painting studio telling everyone what brushes to use

superhero movies can be corny, aka superman. But if you don't like that go watch a edgy batman film.

its all about taste user

This

Don't bother though, user

I get that we needed Etta Candy for authenticity, even though she was destined to only exist for a single movie (and that was more than enough).

But what was the need to "assemble the team" of "Howling Commando" wannabe's?
We get Benny the slick Arab, SCOTS AS FUCK, and Unexpected Native American.
Are these cartoon stooges supposed to present a grounded, human element to Diana's god-assassination? Why are they even needed? The sniper snipes no one. The "face" guy gives some ridiculous story to get them into a party that Diana could have just stormed and wiped out easily. Indian guy LITERALLY just sends up a smoke signal (lel).

The back third of Wonder Woman is far, far worse than the unfortunate back third of First Avenger. Mainly because we've gotten to care about a few of the FA characters by that point, and it sorta fast-forwards through bits we'd have liked to have seen more of.

There's no fucking excuse guys! Gotta-go-fast was literally the best thing about the last few x-men movies. Audiences are prepped and ready and hell, even eager it seems, to accept comic book shit. What they won't stand for is a steaming pile of senseless fucking dog shit.

Not to mention that piss poor attempt at having some sort of PTSD scene

I know, but it depends on how you go about it. You cant force grimdark on Superman, Flash, etc and expect it to not look jarring.

We've seen two modes from DC. One is uber-Synder edgelord, and the other is CW-tier shit (like Green Lantern). Both are bad.

It's unbelievable how much screen time was devoted to backstory for these 1 dimensional cretins, none of whom are going to be in further films.
Dr. Poison is literally just SUPER EVIL for no reason, SHE needed a backstory.
Ludendorff gets to spout a bunch of ridiculous "I'M TOTALLY ARES GUIZE" dialogue, his character makes no sense if he's not Ares, and of course he's not Ares.
Ares himself of course is silly beyond apology.

The three stooges took up valuable backstory that would have been better used on at least Dr. Poison.

Only Peggy and Agent J were memorable supporting characters in the good TFA

Howling Commandos and DC Howling Commandos were both a big pile of nothing

Bucky only got gud as the Winter Soldier

Okay I've never seen that before. The Tomatometer is an event now?

Now, see, whether the movie is bad or good, there is no way the DCEU is getting this removed from their permanent record. Everybody's going to remember "the time WB intentionally blocked the RT score from coming out the day before and tried to spin it as 'hype'"

it's become a joke due to DC having so many terrible movies

WW1 was completely wrong for Wonder Woman anyway, just borne out of Synder's typical retardation, the abandoning humanity for 100 years shit

They should have done WW2 even if Captain America did it first or gone full God of War in both senses

yes, but you don't NEED to build up more than two supporting characters in a film.
Erskine, Peggy and even the General were fine, as was Zola. Howard Stark and Bucky were merely ok. The rest of the time needs to be spent on the leads.
There isn't enough time to build up Captain America AND the Howling Commandos in a single movie.

>after Infinity War, I think people will be less invested in the franchise,
>says increasingly nervous man for the fifth time this year

Anyone notice all the predictions about the superhero movie "bomb" fading away have been wrong for the past 3-4 years?

To be fair, Zola in TFA didn't seem capable of the shit he pulled off in Winter Soldier as he was just Red Skull's doormat.

Snyder's daughter will have died for absolutely nothing if Whedon didn't fix it

He can suck on that for the rest of his hopefully short life

The sooner he joins her in hell the better

If you put Wondy in WW2, you literally have her tracking down a disfigured Nazi scientist who's building a WMD with God Technology.

It's completely First Avenger at that point.
They should have it a contemporary story, she's from a timeless island full of immortals, there's no reason for a century old WW. Gadot sure as fuck can't pull of a nuanced character.

to think that WB can produce a hero film that is not either super corny or edgy is unfathomable. Well at least in our current year. Give it another ten years then maybe we can have the perfect capshit universe.

In 10 years Stark will be recast and Peter and his husband Miles will be married

In 10 years DC will just be doing solo films again

Is this from a Nostalgia Critic vid?

Zola actually built the lazor guns and WMDs and Superbomber, while Skull just stood over his shoulder and cackled about how Hitler was dumb.

The only SCIENCE! Skull did was fucking up the Super Soldier project and turning himself into a freak. That was made clear in the movie.

Let's see what happens when major actors start dropping out.

The reshoots are as obvious as it was in Fantastic Four. The scene of Mamoa diving into the water was cheap green screen shit. Cavill's mustache Affleck gaining weight.

And same symptoms of the studio trying to Frankenstein the shit together at the last minute.

What a mess

WHAT ARE THOSE BULGES UNDER SUPERMAN'S CHEST

>its impossible to do a reboot so soon.

Didn't stop X-Men First Class