JSA Storytime: Man-Thing

Good evening owls,

we still late edition

is this that fucking old people and their dog issue i keep remembering and thinking is maybe a swampy story

odds are good

>the missing link is back! and Hulk wishes he stayed missing!

fuck this storytime that issue

Dat new New Super Man costume tho

and Legion Omnibus 2 !

That new logo is fucking fantastic.

Also, Scooby Apocalypse is definitely ending with #24

Hello, Storyteller.

Right, so two things.

1) This "Milk Wars" thing. What drugs is editorial on, and can I have some? Cause it's clearly some good shit.

2) Harley Quinn animated series. Okay, for real, Harley needs to fuck off. Enough.

lol

????

yeah, Milk Wars looks awesomely weird

The Dark Matter line is underwhelming to say the least

Also Harley animated series on the DC streaming service

New Superman got retitled and a new costume logo.

The S is a yin/yang symbol mix. It's awesome.
>

yessssss

>A fucking musket

God, the Citrusville Swamp attracks all the weirdos.

Does this sound like an ending solicit to you or what

TITANS #20
Written by DAN ABNETT
Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and ANDREW HENNESSY Variant cover by NICK BRADSHAW
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“Titans Apart” part one! After the Titans are forced into a hiatus by the Justice League, Roy Harper, a.k.a. Arsenal, finds himself without a team—but not without a purpose—as he investigates the rise of a dangerous new drug running rampant in the streets of New York City. But Arsenal isn’t alone—his ex, Cheshire, has joined him on his mission! But are her motives as altruistic as she claims? Or are darker forces at work?
On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Ah, I see I missed a Solit thread.

You really didn't miss much.

I'm gonna storytime this issue, drink this vodka, and then pass out

That is a classy fucking costume.

But, at the same time, I think I'm going to kind of miss the octagon logos as a unifying design element of JLC.
Kinda like the Archie Legion center stripe, it was a good team identifier that also allowed for personal variation.

Aye, the only real shocker to me was that Kolins is contributing art to the last few Scooby issues. Nice to know.

And it might not even be a "fuck it we're cancelled" end.

That's true. I do like how it plays with that whole "the symbol is negative space" thing better that Morrison tried to emphasize in his AC run.

I'm buying Milk Wars on the strength of the Quitely covers, I'm very happy they also sound good

>Florida.jpg

Wonder Wife is amazing

catching up on wild storm and just realized Michael Cray is Ice T

catching up on Sup Forums and just realized this user is a Neo-Nazi

oh shit, I was gonna run GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING

tomorrow

Depends. You can easily follow up an arc called "Titans Apart" with one called "Titans Together"

But that second arc could also be written by Bendis.

I burned through my ability to get hyped up over solicits years and years ago. Hell, It's why I stopped doing the solicit threads myself.

Green Lantern Earth 1 seems much more in the vein of E1 Titans, with significant re-imagining involved. Moving it into a future setting makes me wish it wasn't using Hal Jordan's name.

wat?

Rutger Hauer would also be a good Ollie

Wait, it's set in the future?
>Ferris Galactic

That's considerably less interesting.

And I'm going to bitch about how the whole Jason thing is FUCKING stupid. Again.

You know what really deeply annoys me about this whole "Diana has a secret sibling" whoreshit? More than anything, it's utterly redundant. Diana already has a sibling. But heaven fucking forbid anyone can be arsed to do anything with Donna, never mind letting her actually feature in the book she technically spun off from.

The Titans book even set it up that Diana and Donna have a weird relationship, and we could just explore that instead of falling back on obnoxious cliches. And given Robinson's shtick, he's arguably well suited for that job.

It's especially galling now with Jason being evil or just plain stupid. Really, this is the story you needed to tell, Geoff? Diana has a brother and he's an easily manipulated moron. Fucking riveting.

>Bendis on Titans
I could see it desu
They got a show coming so DC will pull a GOTG except Titans is already tragically bad

It's funny how all the Original Writer fanboys aren't raising nearly as much of a stink over Tom Strong also getting incorporated into the DC Universe/multiverse.

Lemire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Johns

Johns getting interested in Wondy was a mistake

Because Tom Strong isn't that interesting

Does anybody even care about Tom Strong?

>Man-Thing casually snaps an alligator in half like a glow stick

I love it when he just beats the crap out of wildlife/uses wildlife as a weapon.

If they had been pulling a Tangent on it, and going full on new concept, with the main holdovers being Power Ring and Pilot, it would have been a cooler pitch to me.

As is, like most of Earth 1, it's kind of set up to be derivative and trapped in origin mode.

Perhaps so.

Like, I fully admit that my own fan boy ideas are dumb, but, and I'm not tooting my own horn in the slightest, at least they're ideas. Evil twin is not an idea, that is a bad soap opera cliche. It's like Johns has lost all sense of creativity.

Johns wrote a Tom Strong one shot in 2004 according to Wiki.

The original announcement for it, with all we knowing is that Hal would be an astronaut and more science minded, sounded cool.

But talking about colonies and asteroid mining...it loses a lot of weight

Not in the future, Hal is just an astronaut now instead of a test pilot.

Because Tom Strong and the ABC universe as a whole has been handled by many different writers already, unlike Watchmen, which remained untouched until Before Watchmen, and even that was a prequel, not a sequel/crossover.

> His gig prospecting asteroids for Ferris Galactic is less than fulfilling—but at least he’s not on Earth, where technology and culture have stagnated.

user, there's an inference here that he's at least 15 minutes into the future.

>Amazons Attacked!
>Ares tries to make the Amazons his personal army
Okay, see, that is a little more like it. That is a fresh idea, finally. I knew Robinson could come up with something interesting when not being subcontracted. Also, didn't take long for the island to come back. Kind of a dumb concept it had to stay there to begin with.

oh shit snakes

normal time tomorrow barring shit

hoot hoot

Old normal time or new normal time?

Thanks for running OP.

7 PM CST barring shenanigans

more vodka y/n

Can I just say that "Ferris Galactic" warms my heart? Carol making spaceships makes sense, dammit!

Now let her do that in the main universe, and we're good to go.

Oh, and Storyteller. Robinson is writing Trinity, and it's about Warlord.

because I want a Smax ongoing

I saw that! Did you see the Warlord cosplay he posted?

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

GET SOME DAMN SLEEP, WOMAN! Seriously, all week you've been working too hard. Goddamn.

Yep. Fantastic.

just gotta make sure everyone sees it

I'm off tomorrow, which is pretty necessary because work is hitting the nervous breakdown stage

Im enjoying this so far what are some reccomended man thing reads?

The whole 70's run

He also shows up in Parker's Thunderbolts run.

Having gone back to this, I think Parker did a nice job incorporating him and nodding at all of Gerber's themes while working it into the setup that he had

also, he worked so hard just to get in a GIANT-SIZE MAN-THING joke

JSA bump

Bump

Best part of catching the flu is looking at the snow falling on the poor bastards shambling off to work while I get to stay home, sip tea and read Man-Thing.

Definitely have done that.

>I may not LIKE ye much, but I still LOVE ya
Is this what marriage does to people?

It hurts to look at that poor gator.

Dematteis' canceled series.

The two complete collections by Steve Gerber.