So I read most of the first trades from rebirth...

So I read most of the first trades from rebirth. How does DC manage to put out a relaunch worse than new 52 and All New All Different put together?

By giving normie fans what they want. The same old shit they've been reading before a hundred times

How would you rank them from best to worst? I'm genuinely curious.

Bronze age > 90-2000 > silver age > current >golden age.

But i could be objectively wrong

Rank what?

The first volumes of each trade you read.

>Normie
>Who have read the same thing hundreds of time

If it wasn't clear enough that this was a bait thread, now there's no denying it attracts morons

What are you talking about? Rebirth is fantastic! Yes, there are some flaws in it, but overall it's really good.

Normies can consist of people who only reas big two, user. Most normies are big two fags

I mainly read independents and foreign comics but DC Rebirth is the first time I've been interested in DC stuff in about ten years.

>Deathstroke
The only trade I liked and would continue.
>New Super-man
Being a fan of Yang, I went into this with high expectations, but looks like he cannot into capeshit.
Everything after this is varying states of mediocre to downright shit, with little difference between their quality.
>GA
>Hellblazer
>Batman
>Nightwing
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>Flash
>Suicide Squad
>Titans
>Blue Beetle
>Supergirl

Rebirth is better than new 52 and all different you edgy contrarian neckbeard

Because it is pandering to reddit.

How does Yang's other books compare to New Super-Man? I've only read that from him but I enjoyed it throughout, I liked how the roles of Clark and Bruce were reversed for Baix and Kenan, with Kenan brooding all the time over one of his parents murder while Baix was mor focused on family stuff.

People saw a single page of White Wally back again and thought that things would get better now that the real Flash is back. Too bad that went nowhere and Wally got stuck in a containment book and will now be forced into a Hero vs Hero story titled Flash War. And normies got really excited about the Watchmen joining the DCU for some reason that I can't understand, it's like DC fans as a whole went "We just felt with a half decade of shitty comics, and Rebirth is giving us a canon reason why it was so shitty!" while not even noticing that things just stayed shitty beyond a small handful of break out titles

Disney fags everyone

Why go back then? Just get more patrician

>Haha, look everyone, I'm shitting on the things that are widely praised! Do you recognize my superior intelligence now?

Just go back to plebbit and stay there.

American born chinese, Boxers and Saints
If you liked his New Super-man, you'll like his Shadow hero too, which is another superhero comic by Yang.

>says the big 2 cuck
Come back when you have read comics

>Defends rebirth
>Calls others big 2 Cuck

It really isn't. Yeah the lows of New 52 were lower but the highs were higher too. Morrison's Action was significantly better than Jurgens'. Azzerello was better than Rucka. Even Snyder's first trade is better than King's. Johns Green Lantern was better than Rebirth Lantern. New 52 Flash was better than Rebirth Flash. N52 also had more and better fringe titles like Animal Man, Swamp-Thing, and Demon Knights.

By focusing only on their most well known and profitable franchises (Supes, Bats, etc) and a couple token books for characters they hope to promote (Deathstroke, Cyborg).

>buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords

Think of a coherent argument before you lash out at people with a different opinion than yours

He didn't defend Rebirth, he asked that guy why he bothered with Rebirth if he reads actually good comics now

Nah, the king's Run has been much better than snyder's by far, it's not a wanabbe of morrison's and it has better narrative, the flash literally the new 52's was ultra mega wanabe from the CW series, the rebirth at less gives characteristic flash elements as well as rougues being villains as they are and the barry allen conflict that can be very fast but can not be in 2 places at the same time, the only bad thing in itself was the shit from the negative sped force , and rebirth to had things like doom patrol, deathstroke, Red hood and wild storm

>Bats

Batman easily has the worst comics out right now between King's Catwoman wanking and romance obsession, Tynion's Tim/Batwoman wanking and a selection of cliches that he's been hammering on since the New 52, Snyder's grim'n'edgy writing with a bonus inability to understand the things that he's writing about (*cough*Barbatos*cough*) and whatever the fuck Murphy's trying to do with White Knight. The crossover with Shadow by Orlando is the only midway-decent thing the Bat-editorial has put out so far.

>Supes

Has been hovering around mediocrity ever since Rebirth began and banging the nostalgia drum ad nauseum. I'm also fed up with them trying to shove Jon Kent down readers' throats at the expense of better Superman Jr. characters. It's the same shit that happened once Damian was introduced, except Jon doesn't even have the depth of personality that Damian is written with.

> The same shit that happened with damian
Literally the context in which both were presented is totally opposite, when daimian was presented it was supposed that it was necessary to doubt that it was the son of batman as well as bruce, what the fuck did you read?

Johns Green Lantern was bogged down by crossovers and gimmick plots after Flashpoint, I've found myself liking Green Lanterns a lot more.

Surprised you guys have time to shill today. I thought with the Lasseter news the offices would be too preoccupied.

>Praising Azzarello's Wondy
New-52 fag be gone.

>no Red Hood, Green Lanterns or Hal and Pals
>actually reading Supergirl and Flash
You done fucked up

the first arc of GLs isn't that great and Hal and Pals is way overrated here

>the first arc of GLs isn't that great
Oh yeah, that's true. I forgot how much of a drag all that Red Lanterns shit was

Double shipping is the central problem. The art has gotten worse across the board, and even some books that had good art (IMO, Eddy Barrows is the entire reason to read 'Tec), they lose those artists eventually. And that's to say nothing of the writing, which is bland due to being written so far in advance and clearly so separately from the art.

But honestly, the worst thing is that it just feels so blandly TV/movie-influenced. Not in the sense that TV/movies dictate what the comics can do, but in the sense that they're live-action, moving, visual mediums, which is a large contrast to the literary nature of the best comics. It doesn't help that, IIRC, either Johns or King literally said something to the effect of trying to write a compelling TV show week after week.

>praising Cucka's Wonder Woman
wew. Rebirthfags really do have horrible taste.

>So I read most of the first trades from rebirth. How does DC manage to put out a relaunch worse than new 52 and All New All Different put together?
Where is the argument here to refute? Just a teenager being a little rebel without any basis for his claims

/thread

>Just a teenager being a little rebel without any basis for his claims

He read most of the first trades. That is his basis for determining that Rebirth has been a worse Big 2 relaunch than New 52 and ANAD.

>objectively wrong

Can you read, user?

>I'm also fed up with them trying to shove Jon Kent down readers' throats at the expense of better Superman Jr. characters. It's the same shit that happened once Damian was introduced, except Jon doesn't even have the depth of personality that Damian is written with.

Re-read those two sentences. Slowly. I don't want to give up hope on humanity just yet.

For that asshole, damian never presented it in the same way that daimian commercially and contextually, A daimian did not even have a book of his own, but he got into the teen titans, which is the opposite, and about the deeper personality please, Daimian in his first story was just a puppet of talia, Jon is literally the way how a child would focus on all the circumstances he lives.