What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

That he's willingly passes the torch to comics's new greatest writer, Geoff 'Jeff' Johns.

He tried to save us, so we crucified him.

"The problem with Watchmen was it had rape, and it had underage girls having sex, but it didn't have enough underage girls getting raped. But by my snake god/sock puppet, I will at last be making a movie myself with local talent found in the alleys that will solve this problem! ... the shield is because they don't know they are in my new film yet."

That He is the Geoff Jones of Earth33.

He sais: "Watchme".

I never could get why the bloodmark on that badge is so damn small. In reality the drop of blood would cover half of it.

Kek

>I never could get why the bloodmark on that badge is so damn small
To imitate the minute hand on a clock.

drops don't come in uniform sizes. you can even make a mist out of the stuff.

What's this from

Why couldn't he use large cirle, like a plate or actual wall clock covered in blood?

I know but that's just like a blood spilled out of mosquitoe.

>actual wall clock covered in blood?
Because the it wouldn't be a foreboding visual allusion to the clock covered in blood, it would be an actual wall clock covered in blood.

And that's bad because...?
Symbol would be more recognisible. Everyone would be: "Hey, I've seen the same bloody clock in the very beginning!".

That he's multiclassing into Fighter.

Wall clock is a horrible merchendise.

>To imitate the minute hand on a clock.
All these years...

nigga, c'mon

Captain Watchmen

>And that's bad because...?
Because instead of making you think about what you keep seeing each issue, it just shows it to you leaving less of a drive to contemplate the writing on the wall.
>Everyone would be: "Hey, I've seen the same bloody clock in the very beginning!".
And misled by bluntness go on to neglect to ponder any of the other places its image ominously illustrates the imminent ticking of a clock.
The entire point of the hidden message is there are warning signs all around that some can see but not quite understand or others ignore and both until it's too late.
Which then leads to most rereading the material and realizing, like Manhattan, you can go back to overview the information spread out in front of you, but you cannot stop the inevitable.

Clockface is everywhere in Watchmen. Even Dr Manhattan symbol resembles it, showing midnight - the end of civilization with Manhattan as the new nuke.

Using so many symbols just to hint the bad final of a comic book is kinda stupid. I mean it's not even an idea or anything.

just because you feel stupid for not getting it doesn't they or you are stupid

Explaining the comic to someone who read is just like explaining the joke.
Means the joke was not all that good

I retract what I said about you not being stupid

>I mean it's not even an idea or anything.
It's literally called motif/subliminal suggestion.

I wish there weren't so many brainlets reading comics.

Shallow writers attract brainless readers.
"Look at me, here are symbols in a children's book. So deep". It's just pathetic.

>user gets defensive because he missed something that many other people also missed

That's not the problem. The problem is nothing of value was lost for me or anyone who missed this. It adds nothing to the story.

clearly it does or you wouldn't be so defensive about missing it

>The problem is nothing of value was lost for me or anyone who missed this
Don't think you're really equipped to know that all things considered.

>not adding visual cues to a visual story telling form
I need brainlets to leave

there's a lot to take in here
>writer objectively adds depth to his work by using symbolism and motifs that are not immediately obvious to a casual reader
>clearly he is shallow, and everyone who went back later and noticed the symbolism is brainless
>while I, a reader who missed the symbolism, am brilliant
and the piece de resistance
>but it's a children's book anyway so lol who cares

Doesn't science also use a single cycle of a hydrogen atom as a time measurement device?

underrated

you could use a Hydrogen atom, but they are harder to contain. Generally heavier elements are used like Caesium

it's not that you missed it, you just didn't think it was important, and you never re-read it, so you never had that "ohhhhhhhhh" moment

Could someone fill me in on this whole thing about Dr Manhattan not only being in the same universe as superman but also suddenly being evil now and killing everyone?

>there is always something new to discover in the book
That's what masterworks are like.

>Tie Fighter
Fixed.

No, it isn't. Allusions to D&D are pure garbage.

Just look at how robust this is
>Literal Freighter is drawing near as an artist draws the Squid, the figurative black freighter, as the missing author of the Black Freighter series, also involved in the creation of the Squid, comes into frame and alludes to not only the similarities of his situation to previous work but the means the Squid was physically and psychologically created and where the Squid is headed on the Freighter to Veidt's place to be teleported.
It's like mental table tennis.

The two characters also obviously serve to transition to Dan and Laurie, with their situation and relations paralleling and mirroring at once in both being newly lovers but one is sending doom to the world while the other is attempting to bring salvation through their "tyke".

Just one page. A single page and Moore's still firing on all cylinders.
Small detail I noticed, in this setting the tube and ball pipe are introduced as a new means of smoking some hash ball.
If you pay attention it's not always used by everyone. It's chiefly used by the younger, rebellious or upper class, while most of the older generation, old fashioned, orderly or lower class still use cigars and cigarettes.

Pipe
>Man who gets elevator for detectives, Several frequenters of Happy Harry's and Knot tops, Upper Class at Rafael's, Gordon Liddy, Laurie Juspeczyk, Janey Slater
Cigarettes and Cigars
>Detective Steve Fine, Hollis Mason, Happy Harry, Edward Blake, Bernie (a hand rolled to be accurate), Max Shea, Big Figure

>"tyke"
What?

And yet...people still call Snyder's Watchmen a "really good adaptation".

>i swear i'm not stoopid YOUR stoopid
Just stop

that's an older meme, sir, but it checks out

Visual-verbal transition Moore does.
Tyke is a kid, I don't think Dan refers to Archie as his baby, but he certainly refers to it fondly enough to be considered

So in while Shea and Manish are referring to giving the Squid a final once-over, we transition to Dan and Laurie giving Archie checks and supply.

Similar thing in pic related where Godfrey refers to getting his front page ready to hit the streets, we cut to Dan and Laurie doing just that with Archie. Another page has Hollis mentioning how he can't wait for it to get dark, transition again to Dan and Laurie who obviously want the cover of night to break out Rorschach and so on.

Also just remembered and realized while going through the pages just now, the missing person poster of Max Shea, the writer of the Black Freighter, shows up all the way back in issue 3, several other mentions of him are made and we're shown his photo here by Seymour just before he's introduced on the island occupied with the enigmatic project.

There's a poetic irony in that his face and fate is constantly ignored by everyone while he's unwittingly designing their own off panel.

I suppose his absence parallels the shipwrecked main character in his own story.

>people who didn't understand the book
Fixed.

>I only enjoy serious literature, like Steven Universe

Why can't modern artist put this level of detail and effort into their comic? I'm from New York and I said it nails down the tone of the city pretty well. I dislike Marvel's interpretation because it feels too sanitized, or similar to De Blasio's vision of the city than real life.

because most modern artists aren't working with Alan Moore and his painstakingly detailed scripts

but there's still Stokoe

It's when i read posts like yours that i regain hope in Sup Forums

Does Bendis just scribble his scripts down on a bar napkin or something?

Yes.

>blocks your path
Underrated